All things Dream!

a3593

We spent 2/26-3/5 in rooms 9451 & 9455 and noise was not an issue at all. As a matter of fact, comments were made at how unbelievably quiet it was. We heard chairs scraping the floor a couple of times during the day, but it was not a problem during sleeping hours.

We were in cabin 9476 and the noise was awful! Carnival even sent staff to our cabin and they couldn't believe the level of noise.

Then came the loudist noise of all.....YIKES they had to Medivac someone off the ship early in the morning. Of course we didn't know what all the noise was @ 5:15a and we called guest services and asked, and they told us they were preparing the deck for a Medical Emgerency! THEN we felt awful for calling and of course for the guest and their the family. My husband is a Medivac Pilot and watched every single second of the Evac....it was an amazing thing to watch.

Has anyone done the your time dining on the Dream? What restaurant is it in? We are going to give it a try on our up coming cruise any info would be appreciated

We did YTD on the Dream and it was in the upper midship dining room Crimson on Deck 4.

I was thinking about booking the Dream for Nov. and have a question... How tall do you have to be for the plunger slide?? My DD is 44'' as of now and she will be really upset if she can't go. In the beginning we were gonna go on the Disney Dream , but I decided to go on Disney in Feb. 2012. Since my DD wasn't tall enough for the aqua duck. Thanks so much!!

I think it's 48" But will let a parent who knows for sure answer. There are a couple of smaller slides for tiny tykes and they're by the slurpee machine so bring extra $$ with you.

Has anyone done the your time dining on the Dream? What restaurant is it in? We are going to give it a try on our up coming cruise any info would be appreciated

YTD uses the Crimson Dining Romm mid ships. It's reasonable option for two-four cruisers wishing to eat together and not being tied down to set dining times, especially on port days. Not a good option for large groups. You will see a backup at times but except for elegant nights the wait isn't very long and they give you a beeper so you can stroll around the ship a bit. The little bar/lounge next door is a great spot to wait. The service can be mixed depending upon th enumber of staff used and the number of pax being served. You run a risk of being crowded next to others, especially on elegant night and seeing later arrivals served before you. I do understand that service has improved some in recent months. For just a couple, keep the flexibility in dining and use it. If it's not to your liking you might be able to switch over to set dining once th ecruise is under way.

I found out that it's 42" for the drain pipe slide, yeah! Also we did the your time dining on Fantasy and we loved it. Twice we got the same server and it was great, the other times we were put in different places, which the service was just ok. But I rather go anytime we want, sometimes your not hungry at 6pm, and 8pm is too late.

There are a couple of smaller slides for tiny tykes and they're by the slurpee machine so bring extra $$ with you.

Can you tell me more about the slurpee machines? First I have heard mention of them.

How much for the slurpees my kids are real curious:) Thanks

A previous post had them at $2.50 and $3.50 for a large plus grat. The smalls apparently come out to $2.88 each. Good incentive for chore money :)

ok we all ready pre paid .... with Disney if you pre pay or put them on your on board account they give you envelopes and cards with the person's name and how much you paid for you to give out on the last night....so unless we want to give more to the original people or for the Maître d’ or room service we don't need to do anything else for the gratuties? will the people just get them automatically at the end of the cruise?

ok we all ready pre paid .... with Disney if you pre pay or put them on your on board account they give you envelopes and cards with the person's name and how much you paid for you to give out on the last night....so unless we want to give more to the original people or for the Maître d’ or room service we don't need to do anything else for the gratuties? will the people just get them automatically at the end of the cruise?

No, you won't need to do anything else and they will get the tips automatically at the end of the cruise.

A previous post had them at $2.50 and $3.50 for a large plus grat. The smalls apparently come out to $2.88 each. Good incentive for chore money :)

When we were on her (Feb 19-26) there was a sign on the machine that said $2.50. It never mentioned a larger one and all I saw were the smaller cups. They had two flavors on our cruise; Coke and a red one. The machine was located on the Lido deck, right next to the bar closest to the cabins. You had to order them from the bar.

Oh wow--this is great info. Thanks a million to all of you "Dream experts" out there. :p

Hi Hawaii697 from the great MD county of Charles!

Here are a few cool pics I found:

Carnival_Dream_outdoor_cafe_001.jpg

One of the neat whirlpools that extend over the beam of the ship.

You all may have seen this, but I thought this was a nice photo of the atrium:

dream-atrium-jpeg-300x201.jpg

Howdy neighbor, I'm in Charles County as well. Thank you for sharing the pix. We can't wait to sail.

I wish i would have seen this thread before i posted mine about the dream :o. excuse me repost, but i really need info and i figured this would be a much better place to get answers.

Are any of the Pools or hot tubs open late at night or 24hr like on Royal?

How was the variety and quality of entertainment both day and night?

How was the night life? Are the clubs fun?

What would be the average age on a 7 night eastern caribean in Nov?

Has anyone had an aft balcony room? how big was your balcony?

Are there lounge chairs on any of the balconies?

Do all the balconies have the ability to connect or just the ones with connecting rooms? (this may be a dumb question sorry)

Is there a 24hr spot to get snacks?

Eventhough we feel our last cruise on the sensation was lackluster, we are willing to give carnival another try i think.

I wish i would have seen this thread before i posted mine about the dream :o. excuse me repost, but i really need info and i figured this would be a much better place to get answers.

How was the night life? Are the clubs fun?

What would be the average age on a 7 night eastern caribean in Nov?

Has anyone had an aft balcony room? how big was your balcony?

Are there lounge chairs on any of the balconies?

Do all the balconies have the ability to connect or just the ones with connecting rooms? (this may be a dumb question sorry)

Eventhough we feel our last cruise on the sensation was lackluster, we are willing to give carnival another try i think.

Hi Rmunson! I hope a "Dream Expert" will chime in, but I think I can answer a few of your questions, just based on some research I have done:

The pools/hot tubs close at 10 so they can scrub them.

There is 24 hour room service (limited selection) and 24 hour pizza.

I surmise from other threads that the night life is great! I hear the Comedy Club should not be missed.

I hope this helps somewhat. :)

On our sailing, Aft pools were open until midnight.

The deli is open from 11 am until 11pm

There is also 24 hour ice cream and frozen yoghurt.

Dancing in the streets show was excellent.

These are excerpts from the past year's Dream reviews that I compiled before our cruise. I thought it would be helpful for everyone. Please note that I do not take responsibility for all this info, since they are from reviews. I did find most of it to be accurate and very helpful!

Happy planning...

CARNIVAL DREAM

BEFORE YOU LEAVE:

• Make a sign for your door to find your cabin better

• Make sure that your bank and credit card Company are aware that you will be out of the country. They will note it on your account so that you won't be flagged for fraudulent activity.

BOARDING

• See if Crimson or Scarlett Dining room is open for lunch on boarding day. (It was on our sailing but was not noted on the Fun Times.)
  • Even the first lunch after boarding was extraordinary. We skipped the buffet and went to the Scarlet Dining Room. I had salmon that was excellent.
  • If not, eat at the pasta bar or Lanai BBQ
  • The pasta bar is upstairs from the buffet - aft. You go up a set of stairs and get a number and a sheet. You then check off your ingredients and hand your sheet to the cook. You wait upstairs at a table with a number and they bring you your food when it is done. You can then take it anywhere
  • SPA: We went first day up there and they were giving free 5 minute hot stone and massages

ENTERTAINMENT

On the first sea day they had a cooking demonstration in the steakhouse (about 11am) This was fun and the food was very good- they will also give you the recipes (FREE)

Not to miss:

• Fun Force Dancers - They are down in the Dream atrium so get a spot on deck 4 or 5 and look down
  • Digital scavenger hunts make it easy to learn your way around the ship
  • Magician... the Magic of Bob Brizendine the Magical Cat himself
  • Family Welcome Aboard party Saturday night in the Caliente club.
  • Dancing in the Streets show
  • * There was a juggling comedian who was excellent—had a way with the kids!! “Edge”
  • “Butch & Baby Butch” live morning show in your cabin or out on the Lido deck.
  • Blackjack band who plays in Ocean Plaza is very talented and plays a pretty good variety

FOOD

• The menu is on your TV; you can just check and see if you like the selections ahead of time
  • You can order room service from your TV. If you try to order a lunch item by phone and are denied because "it's breakfast hours only," order through the TV and you'll get anything on the menu.
  • *Pasta Bar... The meat lasagna is amazing.
  • don't ever forget about the 24 hour Soft Serve Ice Cream (Chocolate, Vanilla and Swirled) and the Frozen Yogurt (also Chocolate, Vanilla and Swirled or on other days strawberry, vanilla and swirled).
  • We ended up in the main dining room with a table for 2 every morning for breakfast (Scarlett)
  • For a smaller selection, but way shorter lines, go to the breakfast buffets that are outside at the rear of the ship.
  • The buffet lines were less crowded towards the back of the ship
  • The coffee shop was outstanding from the product to the delivery to the deliverer. Don't miss the carrot cake!
  • Mongolian BBQ (always a long line but it was worth it)
  • We did manage to eat one day at the BBQ buffet. We unknowingly walked by at 11:45 and it was open. By 12:15, no way.. huge, huge line!
  • Outside on deck 5 near Wasabi, the put on a BBQ buffet that everyone raved about. - Just on sea days. Best Ribs!
  • By the back pool was an Indian Food spot and also a Deli Sandwich shop.
  • The chocolate extravaganza was yummy - last day at either 12:15-2 pm
  • The 24/7 pizza had seven different choices.
  • The deli is open until 11:00PM
  • Tandoori grill which had excellent Indian food

MDR:

• Baked tom turkey
  • Potato Soup
  • Creme Brulee can be ordered every day
  • Bitter and Blanc dessert was the best
  • Salmon
  • Tilapia (blackened)
  • New England Clam Chowder at lunch
  • Banana Cream Pie
  • The Chocolate Melting Cake is so very delicious
  • Pumpkin Soup
  • Grand Marnier Souffle
  • Free cappuccino with dinner was a nice plus.
  • Panko crusted shrimp
  • cappuccino pies
  • Warm Fig Date
  • When the lights start to dim in the dining room this means Entertainment is coming. Make sure you have your camera ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Day:

Farewell Party is on the last sea day from 5pm-6pm. It is poorly attended as folks are packing or getting ready for dinner. One hour of free drinks. Briefly mentioned in the Funtimes. They do not mention the free drinks, so the lounge was pretty empty. It was in the Burgandy Lounge. We tipped our waiter $1 after our first drink, and he would give us a refill even before we emptied the previous one. It really made his day!

SHIP INFO

• Wear T-shirt for slides - they have rough spots that will scrape the skin off your back.
  • This ship is loaded with hot tubs, I often found the ones by Ocean Plaza to be empty
  • There are 2 hot tubs on deck 11 that are rarely used
  • We used the AFT pool area only because it was never really crowded.
  • Spa elevator tower. SPECTACULAR!
  • Do not forget about the front deck on 5 (I think it is on 5 or 4). Great place to be when the ships enters and leaves ports!
  • laundry..... $3.00 for washer (about 30 minutes) and $3.00 for dryer (90 minutes for perm press/ 60 minutes for whites/colors). There were only 2 washers and 4 dryers on the 10th floor. Laundry soap (All or Surf) was 1.25 and so was Fabric Softener. *There was no bill changer in the laundry room. I had to go to guest services to get change
  • * "secret door" is on deck nine and 10. Go all the way forward and through two doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.
  • If you need aspirin, seasick pills, or a variety of general medications, check the "0" deck where the waiting room is for the doctor. There were free samples for the taking in individual packets... also a weigh scale in case you need to weigh a suitcase (or yourself!).

DEBARKATION:

• were able to be in our rooms until 8:30 am

• Don't rush this! We waited in the Ocean Plaza, which was pretty much empty. It was a nice relaxing time before leaving the ship.