All things Dream!

a3593

Any suggestions as to the best time to hit the waterslides to avoid crowding? I'm pretty sure the lines will be long on sea days between about 10 and probably 4 or so. What's been your experience? We may pick one of our ports and stay on the boat so we can really enjoy the ship for at least one day with less crowding.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 6207 on the Dream?

It is a handicap cabin. I found on one site that it is listed as having a steel railing but by looking at pictures of the ship it seems that it has a solid steel wall on the balcony and it looks as though it is a bit higher than the normal railings on the cabin beside it. It doesn't seem like you would have a clear view of the ocean from your room like the other balcony cabins on this deck and would have to be standing up and on the balcony to see the ocean.

It also looks like it has no partition on the top part of the balcony facing the front of the ship. Since this cabin is the first balcony cabin forward on this deck it seems like there would be a wind problem.

Thanks

Duane

Does anyone know what day the Chef's Table is held on the western route?

I've made a reservation at the Steakhouse as well and I hoping I have not made it for the same night as the Chef's Table.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 6207 on the Dream?

It is a handicap cabin. I found on one site that it is listed as having a steel railing but by looking at pictures of the ship it seems that it has a solid steel wall on the balcony and it looks as though it is a bit higher than the normal railings on the cabin beside it. It doesn't seem like you would have a clear view of the ocean from your room like the other balcony cabins on this deck and would have to be standing up and on the balcony to see the ocean.

It also looks like it has no partition on the top part of the balcony facing the front of the ship. Since this cabin is the first balcony cabin forward on this deck it seems like there would be a wind problem.

Thanks

Duane

From pictures of the exterior of the Dream it looks like there is a solid steel (wall) partition, on the balcony of this cabin and a partition to help block the wind. It seems that if this is indeed a handicap cabin, like some other posts say it is and you are confined to a wheelchair, then you will not be able to see anything but a wall on the balcony of this room. It is listed as obstructed on carnival's web site.

On the sister ship, Magic, 6207 is not listed as obstructed on the deck plan. I have no pictures of the exterior of the Magic but the artist rendered art work shows that the exterior deck six forward has been re-designed on the Magic and this cabin now has a balcony with glass/plexiglass and a wood top rail like it's neighboring cabin.

In any case, we have room 6207 on the transatlantic on the Magic and hope we won't be spending 16 days looking at a solid wall on our balcony. Perhaps my travel agent can find someone at carnival who would know.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what day the Chef's Table is held on the western route?

I've made a reservation at the Steakhouse as well and I hoping I have not made it for the same night as the Chef's Table.

Last week, we did the Chef's table on Tuesday night. AWESOME!

(If I remember I will post our menu.)

We were told they do the Chef's table twice

with a maximum of 12 guests per night.

Sunday and Thursday were elegant nights.

Try the Pasta Bar! It's easy to miss. You have to go to the back of the buffett and look for the staircase behind the dessert bar. Go up and you can order anything made your way.

So what's the charge for that? We're going on the Dream for a family Christmas cruise in December.

Can someone please tell me if there is a cost to use the serenity facilities?

Thank you

Absolutely no charge for the Serenity area. But make sure to get up there early if you want a hammock or clam shell to lounge on, otherwise there are plenty of lounge chairs.

Hey Everyone! Thanks for all the amazing Dream info! I was wondering does anyone know where the "hidden" coin is on the ship? For some reason Im obsessed with finding it!

OK, I'll bite...what is the hidden coin?

The Coin is a shipbuilding tradition that goes back thousands of years. The Greeks and Romans put coins under the ship's mast, before it was stepped (installed) to appease the gods and, hopefully, bring smooth sailing to the ship. It was a tradition that continued through the heyday of sailing ships and even to the present day.

Every Carnival Ship that I know of has one....I could be wrong though...

Last week, we did the Chef's table on Tuesday night. AWESOME!

(If I remember I will post our menu.)

We were told they do the Chef's table twice

with a maximum of 12 guests per night.

Sunday and Thursday were elegant nights.

The menu at the Chef's table last week on the Dream was identical to that posted for the Legend in January.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1364683

anyone stay in room 2221? How big is it? Its a PT room and im wondering if its narrower and smaller than a regular room. I looked it up on a few sites that have pics but couldnt find any of this room.

Great info. I cruise this Saturday and can't wait.

Couple questions:

- Where is the best spot to get a decent breeze near the pool (i've heard serenity (adults only area) gets real hot because of the lack of breeze)?

- How early do you need to hit the pool area to get some lounge chairs? The last two cruises we had to put placeholders on chairs around 8am if I remember correctly otherwise we didn't have a place to lounge during the day without walking all over the ship.

Thanks.......

Great info. I cruise this Saturday and can't wait.

Couple questions:

- Where is the best spot to get a decent breeze near the pool (i've heard serenity (adults only area) gets real hot because of the lack of breeze)?

- How early do you need to hit the pool area to get some lounge chairs? The last two cruises we had to put placeholders on chairs around 8am if I remember correctly otherwise we didn't have a place to lounge during the day without walking all over the ship.

Thanks.......

Chair hog alert! Chair hog alert! :eek: :D