All things Dream!

a3593

4. Entertainment -- Dancing in the Streets was very good. Get Ready was energetic but just never connected with the audience. We enjoyed listening to the Blackjack Band most evenings while having a few drinks. The piano bar guy, and I can't stress this enough, CANNOT SING. I am not kidding. Just walking past him was painful. Every.Single. Night. The comedy was very good, much to my surprise -- I'm kind of a snob about the standup that I like.

Thanks much for sharing your thoughts! Just curious, do you remember if Rick Yerkes was the piano bar guy? John Heald has him listed but not sure when he starts. My hubby loves the piano bar and when I gooogled him I wasn't that impressed lol wondered if it was the same guy.

Sorry to do this to you but here's the youtube:

Thanks much for sharing your thoughts! Just curious, do you remember if Rick Yerkes was the piano bar guy? John Heald has him listed but not sure when he starts. My hubby loves the piano bar and when I gooogled him I wasn't that impressed lol wondered if it was the same guy.

Sorry to do this to you but here's the youtube:

Wow, watched the you tube video and maybe with a few drinks under my belt he'll sound OK.:rolleyes: Dreaming Nov 16th.

Thank you everyone for the updates on the Dream.

Does anyone have any recent Eastern Fun Times? I found some older ones, just wondered if they had changed.

I was spoiled by Ron Pass on the Breeze when it comes to the Piano Bar. Couldn't stand to be in the atrium on the Paradise when the Piano Bar was open. It wasn't just me, our group of 16 had to get up and leave the first night we went.

Thank you everyone for the updates on the Dream.

Does anyone have any recent Eastern Fun Times? I found some older ones, just wondered if they had changed.

I was spoiled by Ron Pass on the Breeze when it comes to the Piano Bar. Couldn't stand to be in the atrium on the Paradise when the Piano Bar was open. It wasn't just me, our group of 16 had to get up and leave the first night we went.

I'm also interested in the Dream, Eastern Iten. as well....Anyone?? Just 4 weeks left till we sail and trying to read whatever I can!!! TIA!!!!:D

Edited by missouri_chick

9. Miscellaneous -- FWIW, unlimited internet is available, not limited to a certain amount of minutes per day or per cruise. Also, my 14 year old son, who is 2 months away from turning 15 was able to get into Club O2 with his cousin. Just made a polite request during the registration process. No problem. Both teens really enjoyed the club -- it runs VERY late into the night. There were certainly lines, and the pool deck on sea days was packed, but it was manageable. I was always able to find someplace to sit and read a book out on deck. Hot tubs were lukewarm tubs, and always seemed to be crowded.

How much was the internet...... wondering how much my "habit" will cost me :o

Internet for the length of the cruise was $145, I think. Per day, it was $35. Connection was slow, not a complete crawl though. You could catch up on news, scores, check email without too much trouble. But you couldn't stream a movie or anything.

I'm also interested in the Dream, Eastern Iten. as well....Anyone?? Just 4 weeks left till we sail and trying to read whatever I can!!! TIA!!!!:D

Hey, Tammy!

Looks like we'll be cruising together - WOOOOOOT! :D

Can't wait! :cool:

Yes, it was Rich Yerkes. The youtube clip is better than what he sounded live.

WOW! I never would've thought that possible LOL! Thanks for the warning, I'm sure hubby will want to at least check him out so I'll just sit quietly and let him make that call :p He's a music aficionado so it probably won't take long for him to judge.

Edited by wannago35

Thanks everyone for great info and advise on the Dream.. This is my 4th cruise but first time on the Dream .. I am just as excited about this one as I was for my first cruise on the Fascination back in 2010.

I’ve read many reviews on the Dream and on a photo I saw on one of the reviews was of the buffet area and it looked like the lineup for the Pasta Bar was up some stairs, is that correct and is that the only way to get there ??

I started a thread about cove balconies and should of just ask here:cool: anyways how many times have you had the door lock? and then someone said they put your table and chairs in your room if it is lock? we will have 4 people in our room so I was wondering if this was true? thanks for this thread I have learned a lot and cant wait to go on the Dream:)

I’ve read many reviews on the Dream and on a photo I saw on one of the reviews was of the buffet area and it looked like the lineup for the Pasta Bar was up some stairs, is that correct and is that the only way to get there ??

No. Deck 10 is where most of the casual dining takes place, but the Pasta Bar is on Deck 11. There is a set of stairs from the main buffet area on 10, but you could also just take the elevator to Deck 11

I started a thread about cove balconies and should of just ask here:cool: anyways how many times have you had the door lock? and then someone said they put your table and chairs in your room if it is lock? we will have 4 people in our room so I was wondering if this was true? thanks for this thread I have learned a lot and cant wait to go on the Dream:)

We had a cove last December and they closed up the balcony only one day for a little while to hose down the balconies (I think it was a port day) because we had had some rough seas and they were covered in salt. I do believe the chairs stackable) and table (small) were brought into the room but it was only for about an hour if I'm remembering correctly and we just kept them near the door and out of the main room's way until the balcony was opened back up.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

We had a cove last December and they closed up the balcony only one day for a little while to hose down the balconies (I think it was a port day) because we had had some rough seas and they were covered in salt. I do believe the chairs stackable) and table (small) were brought into the room but it was only for about an hour if I'm remembering correctly and we just kept them near the door and out of the main room's way until the balcony was opened back up.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Forums mobile app

Thank you!!

The ship stays on Eastern time. They give many, many reminders over the ship's PA that people should NOT rely on their phones for the time while off the ship in port, because many phones will automatically switch to the local time.