All things Dream!

a3593

Room Service will gladly deliver a caraffe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is probably a reply to my question about an in-cabin coffee maker....

Thanks, but I'd rather make my own, it'd be nice and hot, and I could make it when I needed it. We hardly ever use room service just because the food is generally cold, and I believe they say the delivery is plus or minus about 30 minutes. You don't know me, but I GOTTA have that coffee in the morning! :eek:

Edited by PaperSniper4

While you are certainly correct that the new cruiser should keep an eye out for potential time changes when crossing time zones, I have not heard of the Dream changing times. ....

In fact, we cruised the Eastern route during the daylight savings switch in November, and we did change ship time for the daylight savings switch. Had we not, we would have been equal to St Thomas & St Maarten. But because we switched, we had a 1-hour difference.

I referred to cruises on which the CCL Dream might be tasked, for instance, in the Mediterranean or other itineraries outside the Caribbean where long distances are sailed east to west or west to east. I don't know, maybe the Dream has only done these short Caribbean cruises? But eventually I suspect she may be home ported elsewhere. I know the Carnival Liberty on which we did a Med cruise a few years ago did change time zones to keep in step with the local time.

This is probably a reply to my question about an in-cabin coffee maker....

Thanks, but I'd rather make my own, it'd be nice and hot, and I could make it when I needed it. We hardly ever use room service just because the food is generally cold, and I believe they say the delivery is plus or minus about 30 minutes. You don't know me, but I GOTTA have that coffee in the morning! :eek:

On my one cruise on Dream we did not have a coffee maker in our Balcony stateroom. I don't think you can get one so the closest coffee is up 2 decks to Lido.

No coffee makers in the cabins, room service or hike up to the Lido deck. I did this every morning to get our coffee. The Dream is an awesome ship.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Thanks ya'll. On some ships I found a source for coffee closer to the Lido deck....sometimes in a "24 hour" café. Not sure if there is one on the Dream.....I will check it out.....or try room service......or just resign myself to a hike before having my morning cup on our balcony. BTW, we always bring those plastic coffee cups that hold around 10-12 oz - they are insulated, and perfect if I have to do the hike.:cool:

We've just returned from the Dream and had a great time! On the first night we had dinner in the Chef's Art Steakhouse. At the end of the meal I commented to my husband that it could have very well been the BEST meal I have ever had in my life without a doubt. We ate in the Steakhouse on the Magic last year (the Dream's sister ship), and it was really good, but nothing compared to this experience. We had a 6:00 PM reservation, and it was so very quiet - only about 3 other tables with diners at that time. More people didn't start showing up until around 7:00 PM. It was a fantastic way to end our first day on the ship. You also receive a free bottle of wine if you dine in there on the first night. And no - there are no coffee makers in the cabins. We've sailed on CCL, RCCL, PCL, HCL and X and we have never had a coffee maker in a cabin. But since we almost always book an aft cabin, the Lido is a straight shot up on the elevator to grab some coffee.

Our only negative for this cruise was the logistics of getting to/from Port Canaveral. We flew into MCO and rented a car to drive to the port since it was HIGHLY recommended on here because of the price. I waited in line 45 minutes just to return the car (Budget Rental Car). There was only one line for returns AND rentals. It was a mess. Since we didn't want to endure that again when we got ready to drive back to the airport following the cruise, we opted to cancel our return rental and used the cruise ship's transfer. I realize that I'll be flogged for this on these boards, but it was so worth it! We just stepped on the bus and were dropped off at our airline. If we ever sail out of PC again, we will either use the ship's transfers or use a shuttle service.

Any other questions about the Dream? Just ask!

Edited by LHARTWICK

We've just returned from the Dream and had a great time! On the first night we had dinner in the Chef's Art Steakhouse. At the end of the meal I commented to my husband that it could have very well been the BEST meal I have ever had in my life without a doubt. We ate in the Steakhouse on the Magic last year (the Dream's sister ship), and it was really good, but nothing compared to this experience. We had a 6:00 PM reservation, and it was so very quiet - only about 3 other tables with diners at that time. More people didn't start showing up until around 7:00 PM. It was a fantastic way to end our first day on the ship. You also receive a free bottle of wine if you dine in there on the first night. And no - there are no coffee makers in the cabins. We've sailed on CCL, RCCL, PCL, HCL and X and we have never had a coffee maker in a cabin. But since we almost always book an aft cabin, the Lido is a straight shot up on the elevator to grab some coffee.

Our only negative for this cruise was the logistics of getting to/from Port Canaveral. We flew into MCO and rented a car to drive to the port since it was HIGHLY recommended on here because of the price. I waited in line 45 minutes just to return the car (Budget Rental Car). There was only one line for returns AND rentals. It was a mess. Since we didn't want to endure that again when we got ready to drive back to the airport following the cruise, we opted to cancel our return rental and used the cruise ship's transfer. I realize that I'll be flogged for this on these boards, but it was so worth it! We just stepped on the bus and were dropped off at our airline. If we ever sail out of PC again, we will either use the ship's transfers or use a shuttle service.

How was the dining each night? Service, food, etc. We are sailing on the Dream in March!

How was the dining each night? Service, food, etc. We are sailing on the Dream in March!

We had anytime dining (Crimson restaurant, Deck 3). We ate there 4 out of the 7 nights (first night was in the Steakhouse; other two nights had been port days and we were too tired so we ate at the casual option areas). The first night in the dining room we were finished in about an hour's time. Our wait staff was fantastic, so we asked for that team again the following nights. The Head Team Waiter was Reynaldo and the Asst Team Waiter was Atom - both just wonderful! They always called us by name and we were waited on and served efficiently. The chocolate melting cake was always great, of course. The Chateaubriand and prime rib were both VERY good! Side items were all good as well. We were very pleased. We always arrived at the restaurant a few minutes prior to opening time - 5:45 PM. The line was always long, but once the doors opened we were at our table in just a few minutes. Unlike PCL, you can not make reservations in the Anytime Dining room. Just my observation, but it looked like if you didn't arrive when it opened, you would have to wait a while for a table. I can't confirm since we always arrived early.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sailing on the Dream leaving Jan. 18 and I am booked in 2501 which is a OV room under the dining room. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in that room and what it is like. I must be excited for my cruise because I read all 52 pages on this thread!!!

I just want to reinforce your decision to use the Ship's shuttle service! You are right- people will flame you because you spent a few dollars more to use the shuttle, but it is very painless and stress free. I can't think of better value for the money! When I cruise I always look at ways to simplify and hit the easy button. When I take the Ship shuttle, I am "on vacation" as soon as I board the bus at the airport. None of that driving on unfamiliar roads, messing around at rental car counters,et al. Everybody - try it next time!

I just want to reinforce your decision to use the Ship's shuttle service! You are right- people will flame you because you spent a few dollars more to use the shuttle, but it is very painless and stress free. I can't think of better value for the money! When I cruise I always look at ways to simplify and hit the easy button. When I take the Ship shuttle, I am "on vacation" as soon as I board the bus at the airport. None of that driving on unfamiliar roads, messing around at rental car counters,et al. Everybody - try it next time!

Agreed! We always fly in a day or two before our cruises, but we ALWAYS book Carnival Transfers to the airport post-cruise. Our experience has been just as you stated, "painless and stress free". We book afternoon flights so we don't have to stress about time. :p

Your hotel in Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach may have shuttles to the port as well. We are staying at the Radisson at the Port & shuttles run all day for $6/person.

We have never found any free shuttles to port from Orlando, but certainly many available from Cocoa Beach hotels to port. We always fly into Orlando the day before, stay at a nice airport hotel that offers the free shuttle back and forth between airport and airport hotel , and then take the Carnival Shuttle day of cruise - so easy!

But back to original subject. We love the Dream; best class of Carnival ship as far I am concerned. We always try and get a balcony room on Lido Deck (have one again this month). The Lido deck location is very convenient and accessible (for bathroom breaks and refilling the drink glass) since we spend most of our days on the pool deck and we eat breakfast and lunch in the Lido restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

We're renting an SUV for $50 from budget using a coupon code. For a family of 5 that saves us big bucks in transfer fees. We'll return the rental early so that we won't have to worry about time. I have used transfers from Mao to port and I remember waiting forever for that too. For me it's a horse a piece. No matter what your waiting around for something. That's the nature of the beast when you travel. On my roll call quite a few people have rented cars to PC with no issues. I'll give it try. Can't be worse than our last experience with transfer company.

We sail in 78 days!

We're cruising on the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream. Where is the Seaside BBQ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the deck 5 lanai, near the Oceans Plaza doors, starboard side. It's not immediately out those doors, and other doors can be used, but these are the most popular doors, and you can't miss it.

What is a Cov Balcony

Cove balconies are down on deck 2, very close to the water. The balcony is cut out of the hull itself instead of the typical way of sticking it on the outside of the hull. I like the feeling of being within the hull, and I definitely LOVE being so close to the water. I've been in a higher up balcony and in a suite about midway up and in a cove. The coves win over all of them, and is probably the only balcony I would ever be willing to pay very much extra for. We didn't see any dolphins or flying fish or anything else, but many others have. The only downside is that some of them are under the galley/kitchen, which can get noisy. Ours wasn't. Under the dining room is best. Some people don't like that the coves don't get sun, but I don't plan on working on my tan on the balcony, so I appreciate the shade.

I'm new to this thread- I see you're 50+ pages in! Wow! I'll try not to rehash, but I'm sure I can't read them all...

We love the dream! We are sailing on her for our 3rd time in April for the repositioning. We're sad to see her go as we live in Florida. We love the cloud 9 spa!! This will be our 2nd time in a spa cabin. I can't wait! Last year we also did the mud room, that was fantastic as well! (Planning on booking it again!)