St. Maarten - 5 ships in port

lindsyb

Hello All,

This is our first cruise to the Caribbean and we booked just this week for an April cruise. It was a fairly last minute decision but one I am sure we won't regret. We are on the Ruby Princess and I just found out that there will be 5 other ships in port at St. Maarten the day that we are there.

I am reading as much as I can about excursions and things to do and am beginning to wonder if it will just be too crowded to do anything. It is just my husband and myself with one limitation - my husband has had several ear surgeries and cannot get his ears wet so snorkeling and most water activities are out.

I am looking for any advice on activities or things to do that we should consider. Thank you in advance for your help.

I booked a private tour with Bernard for our group of 18. There will be 5 ships in port the day we are there too. When I called to reserve with my credit card, I asked if that was a lot and he laughed and said "no". He said they can have 11 ships in port at the most and 5 is just "average".

Still, that's a LOT of people on one small island. No way would I go off on my own with a taxi or a rental car. I've been there before with only 2 ships in port and it was busy enough.

Archived