Guarantee Cabin ?

sidari

Does anyone know the answer to this ?

If you booked a Balcony Guarantee and paid in full at time of the booking and then price dropped due to cancelations or lack of bookings would RCI give you the difference back in OBC if you made them aware of it via your TA ?

Does anyone know the answer to this ?

If you booked a Balcony Guarantee and paid in full at time of the booking and then price dropped due to cancelations or lack of bookings would RCI give you the difference back in OBC if you made them aware of it via your TA ?

Yes - but it depends who you booked with in my experience.

After our first cruise 3 years ago which I booked with RCI direct, I enquired with the main UK highstreet travel agents if they would do price drops and was laughed out of town to be honest.....so I have continued to use RCI since.

I would say speak to your TA and see what they say. If you booked with RCI then yes you would, I booked an inside guarantee for my last cruise, September 2010, and got a nice £80 x 2 guests refunded (this was before the changes to OBC refunds). Your TA may have different ideas.

robinp ... we have used different TA`s but have booked at least 4 with the same one, we did get a price drop of sorts for our Oasis cruise last year when we moved from a D7 to a D1 for less than the D7 was costing and that was including the £35 pp Admin fee that RCI introduced for UK cruisers!

robinp ... we have used different TA`s but have booked at least 4 with the same one, we did get a price drop of sorts for our Oasis cruise last year when we moved from a D7 to a D1 for less than the D7 was costing and that was including the £35 pp Admin fee that RCI introduced for UK cruisers!

In that case yes speak to your TA, there is no rule, that I am aware of, to stop customers getting a price drop of guarantee cabins.

Good Luck. :D

Damn RCI are so Frustrating!! they have said we can go back to a Z Guarantee from the N we have been allocated at a reduced price of £200 in total but they cannot give the money as OBC ? does anyone know if this is the case ? or has anyone had this happen and had the price difference in OBC ?

Archived