2013 cruises

dukemha

You don't say what cruise "season" you are interested in, but the Europe 2012 just came out this week. If you are looking for Caribbean Winter 2012-Spring 2013, you are probably talking Sept, Oct, or Nov of this year.

We have a Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver cruise booked for April 2012 and we were able to book it this time last year. We were surprised at being able to book it over two years out.

You don't say what cruise "season" you are interested in, but the Europe 2012 just came out this week. If you are looking for Caribbean Winter 2012-Spring 2013, you are probably talking Sept, Oct, or Nov of this year.

Where do you see the European cruises for 2012? I haven't found them?

We have a Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver cruise booked for April 2012 and we were able to book it this time last year. We were surprised at being able to book it over two years out.

Repo cruises and Grand Voyages seem to be the first to show up, as they have to get the ships there before they worry about the regular routes. We booked our last repo cruise 19 or 20 months prior, on first couple days they were available.

Do you still get the OBC if you don't pick out a cruise on ship?
Because the amount of the OBC depends on the length of the cruise and the class of cabin, you get just a letter with a Future Cruise Deposit ID number and then when you do book the specific cruise you get the appropriate OBC.

I'll book a future cruise deposit this trip at least and take it from there. Do you still get the OBC if you don't pick out a cruise on ship?

Yes, you can plop down a FCD for an unspeicified cruise. You then have (theoretically, and this may be changing based on some recent posts) 4 years in which to book a cruise.

The first ones posted each year are the Jan-March Caribbean, obviously because those are the first ones each year. Because of job scheduling, we book way in advance. I just checked, and we booked our Maasdam Feb. 6, 2012 cruise on Sept. 1, 2010.

Dave

Thanks to all for your responses. I should have stated that I'm looking to book a winter 2013 cruise to southern Caribbean. It sounds as though those cruises will be unveiled sometime this fall. If I can wait for 24 months to actually take the trip, I can certainly wait another 8-10 months to book it (though I wish I didn't have to wait so long - a cruiser's lament.).

Future cruise deposits a still good for four years (or at least they were on February 10 when I purchased a deposit) -- and there is still an on board credit attached -- varies with the length of the cruise that you ultimately book.

Archived