?? about rum runners

You was very lucky, because if they had caught you with rum runners, yourself and all the people in your party would of been told to leave the ship, end of holiday, there was someone on another forum that can vouch for this as he was caught, think about £5000 down the drain, expensive drink....

People get caught all the time and all they do is take the booze away. I've never heard of anyone getting denied boarding or kicked off the ship.

People get caught all the time and all they do is take the booze away. I've never heard of anyone getting denied boarding or kicked off the ship.

it does say in the contract they have the right to. Haven't heard of it myself, but I don't think it won't happen one day. It may depend on how you try to get it on as well as the quantity.

I am so proud of you. You got all your bozz on the ship. Now when you get back home why not take your Rum Runners to your bar and drink out of it instead of buying there drinks. I think RCCL should give big metals out to all of you that get your bozz on the ship this way. Maybe someday your kids will come home an tell you they just got all this stuff free from WalMart by stealling it. WAY TO GO. O also bring your own food with you as I hear that the ships food is bad.

I am so proud of you. You got all your bozz on the ship. Now when you get back home why not take your Rum Runners to your bar and drink out of it instead of buying there drinks. I think RCCL should give big metals out to all of you that get your bozz on the ship this way. Maybe someday your kids will come home an tell you they just got all this stuff free from WalMart by stealling it. WAY TO GO. O also bring your own food with you as I hear that the ships food is bad.

what the heck is a bozz :confused:

Just got off the Liberty and all 5 of our rumrunners made it through without a hitch. We packed them wrapped in towels and jeans on their side. Not a problem. I even put wine in one and pressed the air out as per the instructions and it stayed good until it was gone. The funniest thing abut this is we had all of the rumrunners in only one of our suitcases and all of our luggage EXCEPT that piece arrived within a few hours of departure. We were sweating bullets sure that we would have our first visit to the mysterious "naughty room". The ship had sailed so I really don't believe these stories about people getting kicked off the boat for bringing alcohol on. Tossed overboard maybe...?! :rolleyes:

In any case the funniest thing was the reason that bag was delayed to our room was that my DH had forgotten to put our stateroom tag on just that bag! Crazy! For anyone wanting to ***** at me for smuggling rest assured that we still spent plenty of money on drinks - wine packages and wine in Vintages along with daily drink specials and we were very sedate compared to some of the ridiculously drunk adults bellied up to the bar all day long. RCI didn't lose any money on us...

First, for those that wanna gritch about us doing it - trolls be-GAWN!!

Anyways...

First time I did it the DW and I didn't even go as technical as RR's. On advice from an AWESOME hotel bellhop we snagged a couple of plastic flasks (no camo or anything - OBVIOUS what they were) at a local hooch shop for the Crown plus a plastic flask of Wild Turkey. Added in a 3 liter of Coke and all of it went right into my checked duffel. They survived the checkin. Now, we did sweat it because that bag didn't arrive with the others but later found out my father had hidden it in his stateroom as payback for a practical joke earlier at the hotel. For the next cruse we may use some camo caps or RR's but the hooch will be traveling with us. I would recommend that if at all possible double-ziploc your bags for security and fill them in port instead of flying with them. The airport has a much greater chance of thorough screening.

Cruise before that, Princess let us on with it at a port. We were 30 minutes from departure and the security people told us to go on through. We declared the stuff and everything, so maybe when you re-embark could make a difference sometimes...

Not that I can be bothered to booze smuggle myself but I can sympathise until either RCI lower drinks prices (as they are too high) or implement the drinks packages fleet wide.

Just my honest opinion.

Don't make assumptions church lady. We packed 3 of them still full for the flight home. I think we averaged about 3 drinks per day which was far less than the drunks on the ship. We packed 5 because we had different things to choose from and they are very small.

100% fool-proof way to get the liquor onboard - tape a small rumrunner to the inside of your underwear.

Until they start strip-searching people boarding, you have no chance of being caught.

Also, security coming back from ports is pretty lax. So you can carry some empty rumrunners (not a prohibited item) and fill them up at a liquor store in port. Then slip them in your backpack and you are good to go. They do not even look closely at soda bottles so they will never see a rumrunner coming back from port.

Good luck, and you can stick the $500 bar bill on some other schmuck!

What do you pay for drinks in the UK?

I've found RCI prices are in line with what we pay at a good restaurant at home.

since when has a pool side bar, been a good restaurant?

You need to compare a pool side bar at a resort with a cruise ship.

Archived