When is best time to book cruise for Nov 2011

JRockey76

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the best time would be to book our cruise? We are planning on the southern caribbean on the summit on Nov 12 2011. I was wondering if anyone knows of any special offers celebrity runs at certain times of year, such as reduced deposit, etc. We want to book a concierge balcony so I want to make sure we don't wait to late and then cannot get a balcony room.

If you read through the threads there is a lot of discussion about people who are very unhappy about price drops after final payment date since Celebrity does not grant adjustments for such changes any longer - the only exception being an upgrade if a higher class cabin is available at or below the amount you have already paid.

Of course waiting to book at such a late date runs it's own risks in terms of flight costs, availability and cabin selection and the potential for cruise prices might go up or even sell out.

Personally, if we've decided to book a specific cruise and are happy with the current pricing then we'll just book it. I'd rather have everything set in advance than take a chance on our vacation plans falling apart because we were waiting for a last minute deal that never materialized.

The bottom line you have to decide if you'd rather lock in everything now knowing you won't be able to get price adjustments after final payment date or if you're flexible enough that you'd prefer to wait until the cruise is very close so that you can take advantage of any last minute deals in the event they do occur.

Larry, I'm still confused about the new changes for pricing. What happens to my price if I book now and it goes down next month $200? Will I still get the price adjustment since it is prior to final payment or do I only have a certain window to work with for any type of adjustment? I think I get the rules for after final payment, no more OBC, just an upgrade.

Larry, I'm still confused about the new changes for pricing. What happens to my price if I book now and it goes down next month $200? Will I still get the price adjustment since it is prior to final payment or do I only have a certain window to work with for any type of adjustment? I think I get the rules for after final payment, no more OBC, just an upgrade.

I am sure that you can still get the price adjustment up until final payment.

Are you a Captain's Club member? Celebrity is offering the Nov. 12 Summit sailing (and a few others as well) at $125 off Conceirge Class cabins. Need to book by March 31. Savings Code: JAON.

Can this be used if not a captains club member, and with an online TA? This will only be our 2nd cruise, the first with Royal Caribbean.

As far as I know you can always get any price reductions, other than those marked specifically for new bookings only, such as the Tuesday specials, up to final payment date. Of course this might not be true if you have a bad TA who also charges their own cancellation penalty or if you live in a country where there are always cruise line cancellation penalties.

Can this be used if not a captains club member, and with an online TA? This will only be our 2nd cruise, the first with Royal Caribbean.

No, but sometimes the same cruise have other promotions that a TA might be able to find for you. Keep in mind that Celebrity only allows one Celebrity provided discount or OBC per cabin. Since they are not combinable the Captains Club discounts are not always the best deal.

Archived