Formal Vs Semi-formal Vs Casusal

Hello Fellow Cruise Adicts!

I am having a hard time planning what to wear on the semi-formal night(s) on my updoming Millenium cruise to the Caribbean. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a lovely beaded cocktail dress and evening shoes and a matching beaded bag for the formal night but I am stumped about how to bridge the attire between casual nights and formal nights.

What do all of you ladies out there do?

Thanks!!!

Hi:) I am going on Century this Saturday:D so excited! I haven't sailed on the Millie but this will be my 5th cruise overall on Celebrity.

Everyone seems to have different opinions on all the clothing. Your dress sounds beautiful by the way. Normally there are 2 formal evenings.

For the other nights I still like to "dress" but that is just me. I have a pretty skirt with a black/silver/grey pattern on it I am wearing for one informal night. I have a silver top to match it and I have a pair of black sandels with a mid heel.

I have 3 pair of slacks~one brick silk~with a long sleeved knit black top. It looks like a twin set but it is one piece.

A pair of camel slacks~with a black sort sleeved top that has 3 colors of a small flower embroidered on the left shoulder. It is pullover, a light knit material.

A pair of black dress slacks~with a new purple v-neck. It is 3/4 sleeves with a wonderful light silvery glitter to it. It is in the lavender family rather than dark purple.

Some folks wear much more casual things that those items~but I love being dressed on a cruise. Makes me feel good:)

My formal clothing is formal. Very dressy pants suit and a black long crepe skirt with a glittery top.

And a new outfit I got about a week ago from QVC too! It is navy slacks with a beautiful Blue Jacquard jacket. That is for the first evening!

Hope this helps you a bit. And I hope you love Celebrity as much as I do:)

Oh, sorry, I totally forgot, I have a blue dress I am bringing too:eek: It is new and I will wear it on one of the informal evenings. It is calf-length and quite pretty...has a blue tonal pattern. With silver jewelery:)

I believe I have one extra outfit. I try not to overpack but to be safe I bring one extra~just in case.

Hope I can help. For formal nights you will see lots of long dresses or short sparkly dresses, or even flowing evening pants with very dressy tops. For informal think if what you would wear to your very best restaurant on a Saturday night, or what you would wear to a more dressy wedding. Casual is capris, lightweight slacks, nice blouses and tops, or sundresses.

For me and DH, we like to dress while on the high seas. I dress as though I were going to Carbones in Hartford or Ruth's Chris. Whenever DH and I go out to eat on the wkend, we like to dress even here in CT. I have no idea why most people do not dress anymore. It's so typical to see jeans at an upscale restaurant, and maybe I'm dating myself, but I don't care for it.

I take sundress or slacks and sweater sets for the informal nights aboard the ship.

Archived