All things EARTH...

Like I always say...until you see it IRL...it's impossible to say. I think it's worth a look. The model has rich coloring (I don't know if it's EARTH or ICE though) and it doesn't seem to fight... The jewelry seems to be gold... I'd give it a try if the return policy is favorable.

On my monitor, it looked pink. However, I've noticed that if you line up a things sometimes, you will find that some colors are decided cool, while some are definitely warm. Many are in between. I think this could be an in between color?

As Anita says, it may need to be seen in real life. It looks like a great wear everywhere kind of shirt.

One of the things I like in In Style magazine is their spread of a celebrity in what the magazine considers their "best" ten oufits. I was looking at these photos of Jessica Alba, who I always presumed would be an ICE, but now I'm not so sure since my favorite is the peach mermaid gown! That color looks very EARTH to me. Look at her skin, how gorgeous it looks. It's so beautiful I can't even be jealous.

alba4.jpg

Alba3.png

Alba2.jpg

Alba1.jpg

So, here is the dress I wore last week to the benefit. It is a knit with a black jacket and the dress itself is sleeveless, in black, brown, gold, and olive green plaid. I was experimenting with other things from my closet to wear with it instead of the black jacket. Tell me what you think. I have to say that fit-wise for me the black jacket is the most flattering to my figure and the other two were not as good.

I wore this with black tights and black platform heels, and my citrines. I was still more colorful than 90% of the people there!

dressversion1.jpg

This is a gold faux suede shirt that I've worn both by itself and as a jacket. I'm thinking that the shape is too unstructured for this dress, and too casual, but the color is nice:

dressversion3.jpg

The color seems to match IRL but I'm wondering if the lighting is picking up a sheen in the brushed cotton jacket that makes it not work with the knit for some reason. Still not convinced about the proportions, either, and also that this is a more traditional look than the longer jacket. To me it says pearls rather than black eyeliner. :) The jacket definitely looks more dark chocolate IRL:

dressversion2.jpg

Any ideas?

BTW I have no idea why these pics won't rotate, since I fixed them in my editor and again on PB. Sorry.

In Hollywood, your hair isn't the same color two days in a row. Then they layer on the makeup....

In my opinion, I really think Jessica Alba is an earth like us. She just glows in those last two dresses. The shorter rust colored dress? I have searched over and over for a dress in this color. She really is beautiful, and for the most half, a really classy dresser.

I love that dress, Margaret. I would love to see you find something other than black to wear with it. I think the style is the issue with the other jackets.

I do have some clothes with a small amount of black in them, but I have nothing solid black other than one pair of pants that aren't worn that much. They fit nice and they are still in good shape. I'm trying very hard to be on the lookout for the basics we need in other colors.

Now, this is off topic, but the story leads up to something that relates to all of this....

I had to have a colonoscopy this week. My doctor recommends the first one at age 50 and I'm a few years shy of that. However, I have 4 older siblings that all had polyps removed with pre-cancer cells found. My brother, in particular, had a lot. My doctor decided it would be good for me to have mine early. The test itself is really nothing - they knock you out and then you wake up a short time later, like nothing happened. The prep, however, is nothing to look forward to. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat though, because I'm really trying hard to take care of myself. I'm proud to say that I had no polyps or anything whatsoever. The doctor said everything was great.

Since I was thinking I might be uncomfortable, I wore these brown yoga pants I found that are made by Gloria Vanderbilt. Brown!!!! They were nicely fitted, great fabric, with a boot leg cut. I found them! Brown!

That's the moral of my story. I found brown yoga pants. Aren't I being silly today?

Seriously though, as much as having a colonoscopy is nothing to look forward to, I'm glad I didn't put my health aside and went ahead and had it done.

By the way, the gold jacket looks to be a great color match. I agree with you that the unconstructed style throws the outfit off though.

I would get a lot out of that jacket otherwise. I bet a basic knit top with a scarf, jeans and booties would look great with that jacket!

By the way, the gold jacket looks to be a great color match. I agree with you that the unconstructed style throws the outfit off though.

I would get a lot out of that jacket otherwise. I bet a basic knit top with a scarf, jeans and booties would look great with that jacket!

I am so happy to fit into that gold top again, and the brown one too. I used to wear them often and they are still in good shape. Kudos to you for finding brown yoga pants! Where oh where did you find them? I am always disappointed in workout clothes that there is so much black.

I am two years overdue for a lot of medical maintenance, including a colonoscopy and a mammogram. My doctor retired three years ago and I honestly don't know how to go about finding a replacement. He was the best combination of good medical doctor + open-minded about my relationships with my nutritionist and chiropracter. Not always easy to find. Laurie, you've inspired me to make some calls tomorrow, so thank you.

My big fashion event of the week was to go through my workout clothes and purge. I bought some new bras (a cup size down, yay) and long pants. I have lots of shorts and capris but now the weather is cold and I wanted some long ones. I also really like this top from Target, though it is in dubious colors and on clearance so not long for this world:

http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-duo-dry-endurance-tank-assorted-colors/-/A-14541914#prodSlot=large_2_4

It does the job for me so that's important. It's hard to find a tank that covers me enough up top and yet is wide enough for my belly, and long enough to not ride up when doing arm work.

And now for a totally OT question, but you ladies may be able to help me. Does Walmart sell cut flowers, or flower arrangements? We don't have one here, so I can't check it out.

Margaret, isn't it a thrill when something fits again? For a while there, it was a thrill for me if something "still" fit, lol.

I just got my red dress (the long one) back today. I had the shoulders adjusted, which I really could have done myself, along with having it hemmed, which I really could have done myself, and the sides taken in, which I really could have done...never mind. You get the picture.

I love to sew, but I get petrified if it comes to something more expensive, or made more complicated. The whole dress was lined, and the lining is actually sewn to the dress at the hemline as well.

Anyway, it fits so nice! I really should take another picture of me in it so you can see the difference. I will try to make sure I do. Isn't it funny how when you really like something, and it fits right, you get that confidence boost? I have that right now from that dress. Hopefully, I will still feel the same when I see it on.

I can't believe I'm only a week and a half away from my cruise. I look forward to seeing Miami for the first time as well.

Walmart does carry fresh flowers, I believe. I have one very close by, but Target is close by also and I tend to go to Target first.

I got the brown yoga pants at Bon Ton, of all places. They are really nice, but they don't have the spandex you would want for a heavy workout. I noticed that they also came in a skinny version, so to speak. They have some spandex, but they aren't all spandex, or mostly spandex. They keep their shape well.

Here's off topic for you...I really miss my dog when we go somewhere. I'm going to miss him when we are on our cruise. This little guy makes my day. I think you can see why from his expression:

photo_zps7fc78e17.jpg

Margaret...about your lovely dress. I really like that tartan pattern! Fun colors to play with.

I think you made the best choice for wearing it to your benefit. I do think that the black seems to be the most flattering in style. However, I like that gold color with the plaid the best. I think you could wear that shirt with the dress in a more casual way. Button it. Belt it. Wear tights and boots. Maybe even add a green scarf? I think that would be another way to wear the dress.

I can see a hint of why that brown might look like it goes IRL...there's a color that is created in the overlapping colors of the plaid, but it isn't a "true" color...it's just the impression of the color and when I study that, the brown picks up that color a bit. But my guess is that there isn't enough of that created color in the plaid for the brown to be a good match on film.

Oh! I finally painted my nails that color that I bought a bit ago...the SFO OPI collection color called "First Date at the Golden Gate." In the bottle, it appears to be a shade of red rust...but after painting my nails, I can tell you...it reads RED. And it is the most perfect and beautiful shade of EARTH RED. But the fantastic thing about it...you look at it and just think RED. Not brick red. Not rust. Not any modifier to the simple color red. So if you need/want a red...go get it!

Yes, my pups is a bit of a ham! I just love that little guy to pieces. And to think, I thought I would never want a dog...

I have a cat too, but all her flying fur, as we like to call it, really creates issues with my asthma. I can pet her, walk away and wash my hands. That is it. Her fur also irritates my eyes and so forth. She's a sweetie though, and there are others in the house to give her the attention she needs.

I plan to get a manicure today, if I go the route of a gel manicure because they last so long. It's a short cruise, but ever since this one cruise I took where the mani didn't last at all, I've been paranoid about a regular manicure that has to last more than a day or two.

My plan was to have my daughter go with me, because she LOVES manicures. We had it all planned out. She went to work today, but wasn't feeling all that great so I'm not sure if I want to wait and see if she is better tomorrow, or what. I'm also hoping I don't get her cold, because I certainly don't want to be sick on the cruise. Besides, I was just starting to feel better and I worry that having another cold so soon after my last one will really take it's toll on me. I was so sick last month that it scared me!

all my clothes are out and ready to pack. My husband still has to decide on a thing or two, then I will probably go ahead and get things in the suitcase. We leave at 7:30 on Thursday morning!

We had our first snow today. Laurie, you're getting out of Dodge at the right time!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, full of fun and relaxation. From the previews we've gotten, I know you'll be the best dressed. :)

Bon Voyage!

Thank you all! I'm just finishing up some odds and ends tonight so I am ready to go! Can you believe I got another cold? I certainly can't. I do think it is one of those passing things though, in that I won't be sick all during my vacation. At least, I better not be!

I hope Laurie is having fun!

I was in Michigan this weekend for my dad's 75th surprise party. I got inspired by this photo that I posted a while back:

AlfaniPurple.jpg

So, I wore a purple top with my mushroom pants, and got these awesome shoes to go with. The color is called navy but they are more like a denim blue, and the iridescence makes them look a bit like peacock. I also wore a set of ten stretch bracelets in the same iridescent blue:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/madden+girl+getta+metallic+pump?prodId=dsw12prod4860029&cm_mmc=CSE_GPS_MaddenGirl_dsw12prod4860029&mr:trackingCode=555ACC60-D30C-E311-86F0-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=27721787264&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=42007110517&adtype=pla

I would never have thought to put these things together on my own. It was fun! BTW the shoes are the exact same style as my nude pumps that were a staple of last year's cruise wardrobe. They come in a whole new array of colors this fall.

I'm back!!! What a wonderful trip. I was not all that great about taking pictures, but I do have a few to share with you.

This is my favorite, from formal night:

ce74fe06-a3b9-4048-af27-8d1d4c5de142_zps0236062b.jpg

This is a casual, no make up shot. I don't do this often, but when you are going to the beach and it's 85 degrees, it doesn't make sense to fuss too much.

Majesty9001_zps64f2f976.jpg

Now, it takes a lot for me to post this picture, in a way. We are what we are. I can't promote feeling good about yourself and accepting yourself for what you are, then say "gee, I look too fat in this picture, so I won't post it...so here goes!

Majesty5001_zps21528377.jpg

Here is an interesting shot. My husband matches the background great. I like the picture a lot, but the background washes me out a bit, I think. It even makes the brown dress seem cooler in tone than what it is.

Majesty2001_zps1672e524.jpg

I was just looking at the picture I posted from Cococay without makeup, and I think you can see that I was getting over another cold. Fortunately, it was all in the nose and the doctor called in a prescription for a great nasal spray that helped me!

This picture here shows that I really was not up to par for sail away. However, I wasn't sick-sick, if you know what I mean. By the next day, I was 100% better.

112_zps7bb974e9.jpg

Look Anita, I remembered my sun screen! Remind me not to get that icky greasy stuff again. I must admit, it did a great job but it was kind of gross.

143_zps0decbfcb.jpg

This isn't a clothing picture, but I think it sums up our trip perfectly!

164_zps6c734de3.jpg

A picture of me in my formal while still in our room. I really love this dress.

179_zpscdc4a085.jpg

A very random shot from Senor Frogs in Nassau. Oh my, that place is just wild. You can see the shirt a little, but not a lot.

192_zps2672eb6f.jpg

I will post more as I get settled in to my routine again. This may have been a short little trip, but well worth it. We had such a great time.

I ended up wearing my red dress the last night, but I was bloated up...again! Just like the last time I wore it! I was so frustrated. I tend to retain a lot of water as a cruise goes on. I have a picture, but I will post it later on since it's still uploading right now.

I hope you all are doing well! Margaret, I will check out those links regarding your outfit. It's was 23 degrees when I left for work this morning, and much too cold for me.

WOW Laurie! If I stare and study...I can see what you mean about the no make up beach photo...but seriously, Laurie...I think you look fabulous in that photo! I love the casual-ness of it with the sunglasses on your head and your hair falling in waves...and your skin looks so clear and lovely.

I think that shiny fabrics sometimes have a tendency to look a bit cooler in photos. I'm not sure why and maybe that's why you feel washed out a bit in the brown formal photo. But I can see your golden skin tone clearly in that shot...I would say you are a healthy pale, KWIM? And not really washed out...I mean, you definitely look more at home with the sunset formal picture... And I think you are stunning in that red formal dress.

I'm so glad you had a good little vacation! Your poor nose in that one photo! I'm glad you were more on the road to recovery though...

I love your brown sandals! Are they Merrell's?

23 is WAY too cold...OMG.