Window Suite

furluvcats

We actually decided to upgrade today to a ws...love the suite amenities not offered in a mini...so thought we would give it a try...surely we will miss the balcony, but I think the trade off will be pretty decent! Any thoughts on past experiences in a WS???

We actually decided to upgrade today to a ws...love the suite amenities not offered in a mini...so thought we would give it a try...surely we will miss the balcony, but I think the trade off will be pretty decent! Any thoughts on past experiences in a WS???

Golden or Caribbean Princess?

I've not sailed in the Window Suite but I did see them while on the Golden last year. I love the location, you are just a step away from the aft pool area. We were in a mini suite on the Emerald deck and I found myself going aft in the evenings to watch some incredible sunsets while sailing on the Pacific. You'll have the pool and hot tub right at your finger tips.

It is a trade off but I don't think you'll regret your decision and I agree the amenities are "suite"!

I don't know what MYCRUZ has been drinking but the closest pool to the WS is Deck 12 and the Window Suites are on the Fiesta Deck which is Deck 6??

If you go farther back on this site there are quite a few threads regarding the WS category. GREAT LOCATION< GREAT CABINS. I feel one of the best perks is SABATINIS for breakfast. Enjoy your cruise we will be doing the first Alaska cruise of the season in WS 305. :)

Golden March 16

You'll love the ones on the Golden, the jacuzzi tubs really work, on the Carb. they don't have any pressure just a few bubbles. FYI F301 is the smallest WS, so the room is not as long and the mail box is also a little shorter. A coffee card is a must since it is only one deck down to the coffee bar. And it is only one flight up to run outside if you want to see something outside.

I don't know what MYCRUZ has been drinking but the closest pool to the WS is Deck 12 and the Window Suites are on the Fiesta Deck which is Deck 6??

If you go farther back on this site there are quite a few threads regarding the WS category. GREAT LOCATION< GREAT CABINS. I feel one of the best perks is SABATINIS for breakfast. Enjoy your cruise we will be doing the first Alaska cruise of the season in WS 305. :)

You're right! The coffee was pretty strong this morning. I was thinking of the new suites that were built on the Golden in drydock last year that are on the Sun Deck.....I'll try to be fully awake next time I answer a post.:o

We are in WS305 as well! I'll take good care of the room for you! =)

We booked a Window Suite on Golden twice when the price was about the same as an AA mini.

The full suite perks make it well worth it when the price is right. We really enjoyed the breakfasts at Sabatini's and double mini-bar set up (for elite).

We enjoy a balcony and the freedom it gives -- especially sipping wine at sail away. The two WS cruises were our only cruises without a balcony. We felt the trade-off was worth it.

P&J

It sounds like a lovely room, I really like the bathroom...there are many suites still available in higher catagories, and we sail in less than 2 weeks. I am wondering if we will be given an upgrade to a suite with a balcony? Guess we will find out when we get to port!

It sounds like a lovely room, I really like the bathroom...there are many suites still available in higher catagories, and we sail in less than 2 weeks. I am wondering if we will be given an upgrade to a suite with a balcony? Guess we will find out when we get to port!

Since it seems that only outsides get upgraded to WS. It may also be that only Balcony cabins get upgraded to Suites with Balcony, But you never know. Just make sure your booking isn't marked "no upgrade"

We will be very happy with our chosen room, if we are not upgraded. This is generally a cold, windy, and rough crossing, with balcony usage limited to when we are in Hawaii...and we keep those island days FULL! Since we actually PAID for a full suite, I would hope that an upgrade would come to us, before a balcony guest...but you never know how it is going to turn out! I really like the newness of this room, and would prob. only accept an upgrade if it was to one of the other new suites on the 15th deck. =)

Will keep my fingers crossed that you receive an upgrade to the other suites. It only seems fair that they would upgrade you first but you never know their thoughts. I suppose they want as many people as possible to see how great the suites are in hopes they will book one on their next cruise. Let us know if you get an upgrade.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you receive an upgrade to the other suites. It only seems fair that they would upgrade you first but you never know their thoughts. I suppose they want as many people as possible to see how great the suites are in hopes they will book one on their next cruise. Let us know if you get an upgrade.

Thank you very much, and I will for sure let you know what we end up with =)

Can you share what are the suite amenities? Havent sailed on Princess yet, but keep hearing great things about the line. We sail royal caribbean and book grand suites. Ready to try different lines and different itineraries! Thank you for your input to help us decide our next trip!:)

Suite Amenities:

In-Room Amenities: Luxury mattresses

Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

Luxury bathrobes

Luxury towels

Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

Facial mist (choice of scents)

Complimentary slippers

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up

Combined DVD/CD Players

DVD Library - each vessel has a 100-title DVD library available to suite passengers

Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity Upgraded room amenities, including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag

Complimentary Princess tote bag

Umbrella for use during the cruise Services:

Expedited embarkation process

Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations

Personal shore excursion reservations

Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

Complimentary shoe polishing service Dining Services:

Welcome glass of champagne at embarkation

Extended room service menu (extended breakfast, lunch, dinner offering)

In-suite afternoon tea service

Passenger's choice of deluxe canap?s, delivered daily Onboard Activities:

Complimentary internet access in onboard Internet Cafes (wireless internet connection not included).

Private portrait sitting

Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Emerald Princess, Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess). Passengers who travel in mini-suites will also enjoy the luxury of special bed linens, and upgraded amenities.

Don't forget breakfast at Sabatini's! That is one of the BEST "perks". We sure loved our morning mimosas, bloody mary's, and specialty coffee, plus excellent service and food. It is a fantastic way to start the day!

Can someone show some pics of the WS. Can't find any on Princess web site. Didn't even know about them until I saw it on CC. That's why I like these boards so much. Been cruising for years and I still learn something new from all of you. Thanks Liz :D

Don't forget breakfast at Sabatini's! That is one of the BEST "perks". We sure loved our morning mimosas, bloody mary's, and specialty coffee, plus excellent service and food. It is a fantastic way to start the day!

Many may disagree but 7 days is more than enough for me.. Don't get me wrong, we loved the food, the service was outstanding but it takes about over a hour and if you are going into port ( for us late sleepers) it means we have to set the alarm. I know there are many things to order but we usually don't eat a large breakfast. On our last 14 day cruise, I was ready to skip it the last couple days.

I can think of a few other perks I'd like.

On our first cruise ever we took the Alaskan cruise on the Golden we were upgraded to the new WS loved it, we got hooked:D

Archived