celebrity liquor on board

maal1980

I agree with your sentiments, however, I will be purchasing the beverage package for my upcoming Eclipse Cruise, let you know how it works out!

Well isn't that special!

Love South Florida!Really,save yourself $800-$1200 and simply fill 750 litre empty water bottles with your favorite clear alcoholic beverage.If you enjoy wine,Black Box Reserve Merlot $25 and Malbec $20 will provide you with ample wine for you and companion to carry a nice big glass to dinner each evening (NO CORKING FEE REQUIRED):D

The wine travels excellent in checked luggage and the water bottles just walk on with each of you during embarkation.Anyone with an IQ above 50 makes practice of this and done so probably since those ridiculous policies were created by the cruise lines.

The cruise lines are well aware of what is going on and if anyone has ever been inconvienced by having luggage searched then they shouldn't be consuming alcohol anyway.

Have a great cruise on Equinox!BEST STATEROOM ON "S" CLASS is 2157....totally private,largest verandah in C1 Class....simply the best!

I believe my IQ is above 50, whatever that has to do with smuggling and not smuggling, but I don't spend a lot of time sitting in my SR drinking, so I buy the drinks at the various lounges and bars, and I order a glass or so of wine at the MDR. The 'ridiculous policies' set up by the Cruise Lines are the same policies set up by almost every restaurant and holiday venue I've been to.

I could care less if you smuggle your booze - go for it. But please quit trying to portray those that don't as stupid or out of touch. You've given your reasons to smuggle and there are rational reasons not to. Leave it at.

And yes, I've not finished a glass of wine at the Elite Lounge and walked into the MDR with it. Heck, at the end of the Elite Lounge time, I was finishing my glass when the waiter went to refill it. I told him I couldn't finish it in time and was heading to the MDR, he shrugged and told me to take it with me. I did. And yes, I broke the rules and am using the waiter as an excuse. Not a big deal, at least for me, but I also understand I was 'breaking the rules' but I don't have to rationalize it away by putting down those that would not do it.

Enjoy your cruises, paying for your drinks and/or smuggling. Whatever. Personally, I'd feel a bit silly sitting at home pouring booze into a water bottle as if I was back in HS or College, but then maybe my IQ is below 50.

Den

These supposed "violations" are conducted by nearly everyone!Don't bother preaching anymore.If you choose to waste your money durting thes economic times,feel free to do so.I like to think that the rest of us as "thrifty" and intelligent cruisers.

You must be kidding.:eek:

These supposed "violations" are conducted by nearly everyone!Don't bother preaching anymore.If you choose to waste your money durting thes economic times,feel free to do so.I like to think that the rest of us as "thrifty" and intelligent cruisers.

Pinot Noir - Not to be all polly anna but rules are meant to be followed. Sure we could all save a few bucks by bringing on our own alcohol but eventually those dollars saved will just be put back into Celebrity via their increase in rates (if you don't make money selling drinks you make up that money on room rates..its a business afterall). You can break the rules all you want but if you must feel the need to tell people about it then you should know that those of us to follow the rules will judge you. For me the amount of worry I'd have wondering if my bottle was going to be discovered far outweighs the dollars I would save. I have a very guilty conscience!!

Are you kidding,Carnegie was my neighbor!And its fun BYOB!I don't the term smuggling,sneaking or other bad words!Lets not get too carried away with the IQ comment,however if the shoe fits,wear it!:D

For having such a high IQ, you would think you could type a sentence that makes sense :p

B.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone... didn't want to start a new thread for this question did a search and found this one... so here it is..

My father is cruising on the Equinox this weekend on the 11 day... first time on Celebrity... he is going to get a bottle of scotch from the beverage program.. but was wondering if you could order more once on board? Allso are the bottles 1 litre?

I know on Carnival they will deliver a bottle through room service.. is it the same on X or must you purchase all before sailing??:confused:

Thanks for all your responses:)

Hey everyone... didn't want to start a new thread for this question did a search and found this one... so here it is..

My father is cruising on the Equinox this weekend on the 11 day... first time on Celebrity... he is going to get a bottle of scotch from the beverage program.. but was wondering if you could order more once on board? Allso are the bottles 1 litre?

I know on Carnival they will deliver a bottle through room service.. is it the same on X or must you purchase all before sailing??:confused:

Thanks for all your responses:)

Found my answers elsewhere.. no need to respond

[quote name=KruznKelwas wondering if you could order more once on board? Allso are the bottles 1 litre?

I know on Carnival they will deliver a bottle through room service.. is it the same on X or must you purchase all before sailing??[/quote]

Additional bottles can be ordered at Guest Relations Desk once onboard, and will be delivered within a couple of hours by room service. Same charge as preordered online (which I believe is $80, with nuts & 6-pack of soda included).

Our friends' Gin was a 750ml...not sure about Scotch. Assume its the same.

Kind of wish you'd started another thread.....hate reading about smuggling and IQ's and all that fun stuff any thread on drinks seems to evoke! Ha!

Hope he enjoys the cruise!

Den

Archived