Bringing non-alcoholic beverages onboard

I am hoping someone can help as I'm seeing conflicting info on this topic. We are cruising 3/13 --woo hoo!-- and I've seen many people talk about carrying on cases of water or pop.

However, the cruise docs I printed out say no beverages can be brought onboard.

What's the deal? I'd love to be able to bring on some water/pop and not buy their overpriced packages.

Many would like to save money and not buy these or other beverages offered by the ship. I imagine it must be terribly convenient to have these beverages in your cabin, when you want them. These items are not allowed, but generally RCCL will look the other way. At some point, when RCCL sees cases and cases of soda, they will crack down. A few cans should not be an issue until folks bring cases of beverages. If you do bring a case, please remember to count it as a piece of luggage and tip the porters accordingly.

M

We havn't tried to bring soda pop on board, but we have brought cases of bottled water no problem and they don't mind at all (I brought a pack of 12 water still in its plastic wrapping during embarkation and carried it around under my arm with me on the ship for a couple of hours until we had access to our rooms as we had boarded a bit early; we ran out of water mid-way through the week and so when we stopped at St. Maarten we picked up another 6-pack of large bottled water and brought it by hand back to the ship no problem! The key is that the water cannot look opened - you will have no problems if you leave the water still in its pack wrapping. They were pretty strict during our cruise of enforcing that any water bottle that appears to have been opened must be discarded before reboarding or at security....

IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

I have never had a problem carrying on a case of bottled water. I stack it on a collapsable luggage carrier and wheel it right onto the boat. 21 cruises and counting, 17 with Royal Caribbean.

We usually bring water (a case onboard). However things are changing. We usually bring a 24 pack and put duct tape around it and place a luggage tag on the top. In the last 5 years we had only had problems during Spring break getting the water. But last month on the Liberty they held the water and would not release it. It was only water no liquor.

I believe some ships are not enforcing the rule as much as others. We are planning to cruise on the Allure in March and will not bring water with us.

The problem as I see it - is that the rule is not enforced equally by every ship. My suggestion is - if you are willing to lose the money (cost of the water) and want to try it, you are risking only the cost of the water. But I don't think it's wise during Spring Break.

For us we'll buy a couple of bottles in the ports. I don't think it will be as much of as issue.

Archived