Please check your cruise reservation!!!

Hmmmmmmm ........

I don't pay a thing for the site I use :confused:

The site I know that works currently charges $1 per cruise for email alerts but it can be checked easily for free. The old site never updated it's free software after the RCI website change. I'd sure like to know about a free site that contacts the users immediately when the price drops on all prices offered including special discounts.

Gina

Posting guidelines do not allow us to post recommendations.

Do a search on Google for "cruise price alerts". You'll find it.

Well I did the search as directed and the site came right up. I got all "signed" up and only after that when I tried to use it did I find out that you have to BUY the alerts! Boy was I stunned to say the least. Dropped the whole thing as there was no mention of this in the posters suggestion of site or that I saw on the website's opening pages. Had I known this I would not have wasted my time. I will say maybe this was not the site that the poster intended but it was the only one that came up when I typed in "cruise price alerts". So if you do not mine paying for your alerts then it may work for you but for me, no thank you, I'll pass.

RCI appear to have a very unlevel playing field where bookings are concerned! you guys cannot get the benefit of price drops after Full payment but we can in the UK! but you can get the reduction as OBC where according to RCI this last week we cannot and have to have it repaid to us!! ... :confused: it also seems that not many if any UK cruisers get OBC either from TA`s here.

Thanks Patti for the information. I have just booked my cruise.

Has RCI changed their policy for cruises booked after May 17 2010, where they no longer do adjustments (if before final payment) or OBC (after final payment)?

Thanks!

For cruises booked AFTER May 17, 2010, you are entitled ONLY to an upgrade (if available) after final payment.

RCI appear to have a very unlevel playing field where bookings are concerned! you guys cannot get the benefit of price drops after Full payment but we can in the UK! but you can get the reduction as OBC where according to RCI this last week we cannot and have to have it repaid to us!! ... :confused: it also seems that not many if any UK cruisers get OBC either from TA`s here.

We here in the US cannot get an OBC after final payment is made unless the cruise was booked prior to May 2010. We are entitled to (if available) an upgrade, though.

I didn't know this :confused: So you can get a price drop after final payment in the UK?

I don't know when the last time you had this applied but it appears this is now a thing of the past. Several times in the last couple of weeks have phoned and have been told New Bookings only! Not fair.

Well I did the search as directed and the site came right up. I got all "signed" up and only after that when I tried to use it did I find out that you have to BUY the alerts! Boy was I stunned to say the least. Dropped the whole thing as there was no mention of this in the posters suggestion of site or that I saw on the website's opening pages. Had I known this I would not have wasted my time. I will say maybe this was not the site that the poster intended but it was the only one that came up when I typed in "cruise price alerts". So if you do not mine paying for your alerts then it may work for you but for me, no thank you, I'll pass.

Sorry for the confusion, and your wasted time. I don't recall paying for my first alert, but perhaps (probably) did fork over the $1. After paying thousands for the cruise, it's a real bargain IMHO. And, I don't MIND paying $1 for my alerts. There are many days I don't have time to check. I just saved $680 :D:D: what a great return on my investment of $1!

It is clearly stated that it costs $1 on the opening page - so you shouldn't have been stunned :eek: to say the least.

Just trying to be helpful. Now I'll go pay my $1 for an alert on my NCL

cruise.

Sorry for the confusion, and your wasted time. I don't recall paying for my first alert, but perhaps (probably) did fork over the $1. After paying thousands for the cruise, it's a real bargain IMHO. And, I don't MIND paying $1 for my alerts. There are many days I don't have time to check. I just saved $680 :D:D: what a great return on my investment of $1!

It is clearly stated that it costs $1 on the opening page - so you shouldn't have been stunned :eek: to say the least.

Just trying to be helpful. Now I'll go pay my $1 for an alert on my NCL

cruise.

It used to be free!

We here in the US cannot get an OBC after final payment is made unless the cruise was booked prior to May 2010. We are entitled to (if available) an upgrade, though.

Not always true. I booked a September cruise through a warehouse club TA last July. The price dropped in August and I was given OBC (with the OBC the TA gave it was more than we thought we'd be able to spend so we upgraded.) During the cruise we found out we could get the OBC in cash on the ship. We still had some $ left in the account at the end of the cruise so we were able to get what was left in cash.

So, I have been watching prices, wondering if they will drop. i am looking at the end of April. When you do book, how long before the cruise date is your final payment usually due?

If you are looking at booking for this April you will be required to pay in full because you are within 90 days of the cruise departure. If you are looking at April 2012 then you can book when you want with a deposit and final payment is usually due 90 days before departure.

Not always true. I booked a September cruise through a warehouse club TA last July. The price dropped in August and I was given OBC (with the OBC the TA gave it was more than we thought we'd be able to spend so we upgraded.) During the cruise we found out we could get the OBC in cash on the ship. We still had some $ left in the account at the end of the cruise so we were able to get what was left in cash.

If I understand the new policy Royal Caribbean will not give out any OBC after final payment. Since you booked with a TA your TA probably gave you the OBC in addition to the original OBC given when you booked the cruise. My TA advised me not to pay in full before the final payment date for my Oct. 2011 cruise so that if there is a price drop I would be eligible for an upgrade or an adjustment (refund of difference) to my cruise fare. My TA told me that she could give me OBC through her agency but that Royal Caribbean will not offer it. Pretty much the TA's are willing to give up alot of their commission to keep us customers happy in regard to price drops.

I maybe read it wrong but I thought it said $1.00 per alert not per cruise. Please someone correct me if I misread it. You must buy in bundles of 5 alerts. As someone pointed out saving hundreds for $1.00 is a great deal but you could also pay the money and not save anything. Works for some and not for others, just how life goes sometimes I guess.

Archived