Fuel Supplement

ashkir

What is the likeness that we'd be charged the 10 dollars a day per passenger for fuel? The website says if the price is more then 65 dollars a barrel it may be charged. It's been over 65 dollars a barrel for years! But recently it has been int he 100s, the highest ever.

We're taking a 7 day cruise, for all of us it would be 480 dollars extra!

What is the likeness that we'd be charged the 10 dollars a day per passenger for fuel? The website says if the price is more then 65 dollars a barrel it may be charged. It's been over 65 dollars a barrel for years! But recently it has been int he 100s, the highest ever.

What? Is this the 10th post about this in the past week?

I say this to be helpful, not to be a pain in the butt... :)

Towards the top of the page is a button called "Search this forum." It is a great way to do a little bit of research to get the answers you need, especially if there are already current and active threads on the topic.

Actually it is the first time TODAY that someone has asked....:eek:

I wouldnt have mentioned it if you hadnt

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1371075

just this morning

..but it doesnt matter, since most every question has been asked before and will continue to be asked if its a question people want to know.

They'll add it if/when it becomes necessary...and nobody knows at this time. I'm sure they have a target cost in mind and if/when they start losing money on the deal, they'll do it.

We all know that when we book...so plan for the best but be prepared for the worst. If they bring it back, it will affect all of us for sure....

I'm wondering if they have not added it yet because the fares have gone up so much in the last year or so. Perhaps the higher fares have let them avoid instituting this unpopular surcharge.

Nevertheless, they won't do it arbitrarily and I'm sure great thought will go into it before it's added.

It won't stop me from cruising in any event. Just like 3.50 a gallon doesn't keep me from driving.

It won't stop me from cruising in any event. Just like 3.50 a gallon doesn't keep me from driving.

The crazy gas prices in California certainly make me drive less. When they get super high' date=' I only do essential driving and don't make any unnecessary trips. A cruise is different as it's only for a short time. But here in the summer, it can get TOO high. It [i']does[/i] change my habits.

1) it says $70/barrel

2) its $9/day

3) its not the highest ever

4) no one knows

5) try using the search tool

Archived