Booking a cruise while on a cruise

bvhboat

Are there any benefits to booking this way? We are sailing to the Bahamas on the Pride in November & were thinking of booking a cruise to Bermuda for the summer of 2012. Will there be any Bermuda cruises out of Baltimore then? Thanks

We often book a future cruise while on our current cruise, and we have bought the Future Cruise certificates as well.

I would suggest that before you go, do some research on itineraries, ships, and cabins. This way, you will be able to better choose your booking and cabin, and not be trying to figure it all out when you to to the future cruise consultant. You will also usually get some sort on OBC incentive for booking while onboard.

I havent researched Carnival's FCC...but on NCL, you can buy a FCC for $250 which is good for 4 years (no need to decide right away), any cruise and is considered 'deposit in full'...AND you get a $100 OBC for each one....so, we usually grab atleast one each trip....(hoping Carnival's FCC program is about the same)

I havent researched Carnival's FCC...but on NCL, you can buy a FCC for $250 which is good for 4 years (no need to decide right away), any cruise and is considered 'deposit in full'...AND you get a $100 OBC for each one....so, we usually grab atleast one each trip....(hoping Carnival's FCC program is about the same)

Its the least like NCL of any other cruiseline. NCL you can get OBC on your current cruise.

If you book onboard, it goes to pay your deposit I believe, Iv only bought them to bring home.

Once home they dont even go toward your deposit!!! Nope, you pay a full deposit and then snail mail them to Miami certified mail.

Other than buying an FCC do not see the point of dealing with future cruise desk while on a cruise.

No value to book while on board.

I totaly disagree. We knew what we wanted for our next cruise..We booked the Miracle 8 day a few weeks ago for Feb 6th 2012 while on the Glory and we got a balcony on deck 5 (Not Obstructed) for a total of $1590.94 Taxes included plus a $100 OBC credit. We also paid in full due to the high Canadian dollar.This same cruise now with ES rate is Approx. $1850 witout a $100 OBC.

You can get a good deal while onboard but it is good to know what you want before you go to the desk and start looking and talking to the rep..

If you know when and where you want to cruise next, chances are, you're going to get a good rate if you book it when your there. If you don't know exactly where and when you want to go next, just buy the FCC. That way, you get money towards your next cruise and onboard credit. So, yes, it generally is a good idea, and now with FCC, it's just good sense if you know you're going to cruise again within the next three years.

I totaly disagree. We knew what we wanted for our next cruise..We booked the Miracle 8 day a few weeks ago for Feb 6th 2012 while on the Glory and we got a balcony on deck 5 (Not Obstructed) for a total of $1590.94 Taxes included plus a $100 OBC credit. We also paid in full due to the high Canadian dollar.This same cruise now with ES rate is Approx. $1850 witout a $100 OBC.

You can get a good deal while onboard but it is good to know what you want before you go to the desk and start looking and talking to the rep..

Rates either dropped or its the Canadian money ...you get NO discount for booking onboard. None. (just to be clear)

Rates either dropped or its the Canadian money ...you get NO discount for booking onboard. None. (just to be clear)

I did not say we got a discount!! You get a good rate and if you book early enough you get the early saver rate and the OBC. I am very happy with my price and thats all that counts.I am not a first time cruiser so I know how it works also..

You pay $250 now, get a certificate that is worth $250 in the future when you book a cruise. And on that future cruise you get $100 OBC in addition to whatever OBC they might be offering at that time? Is there an expiry date on the certificate? Is it transferrable?

Thanks,

Tony

No. you pay $100 for the FCC and at most its worth $200 if you take a 12 day cruise.

If you bring it home and send it in, the $100 you paid is applied to your final payment.

Thats why I emphasized when the other poster said their rate had gone up, it had nothing to do with having a FCC, and they responded they knew that ..they were saying they got a good rate (which has nothing to do with FCCs)

I'm used to the NCL program.

So you pay $100 and when you book your next cruise you send in the certificate and its worth $100. The bonus is the OBC on the future cruise and it depends on the length of cruise?

Is there an expiry and are they transferrable?

Can you buy 5 and apply them all to the SAME future cruise and get multiple OBC?

Thanks,

Tony

Did they drop the bonus certificates when you book on board?

Most everyone knows about the $100 you pay for the future cruise certificate comes off of you future cruise price and you get some OBC from $50 to $200.

If you book while on board in the past you received two bonus certificates that could be used by family or friends. That was or still is the advantage to book on board.

I'm used to the NCL program.

So you pay $100 and when you book your next cruise you send in the certificate and its worth $100. The bonus is the OBC on the future cruise and it depends on the length of cruise?

Is there an expiry and are they transferrable?

Can you buy 5 and apply them all to the SAME future cruise and get multiple OBC?

Thanks,

Tony

FCCs one per booking.

I have bought 5 FCCs, but to use one at a time. Same with any other carnival program its one OBC per booking, stock, etc.

Mine are good for 5 years, then they went to 4 years, and soon after now its 2 years they expire. New ones are only 2 years.

No they are not transferable.

Do you mean NCL allows 5 FCCs on one booking?? wow.

Other than buying an FCC do not see the point of dealing with future cruise desk while on a cruise.

No value to book while on board.

That's not true at all! The future cruise desk offers many discounted cruise specials. We booked our cruise for next October while on board last October. We got a fantastic price for the exact same room we stayed in last time, lower than I've seen and I do check prices. So far the price on the Carnival fare checker is way higher than the price we got by booking onboard.

We're proof that it DOES pay to go to the future cruise desk and see what bargains you can find!

Archived