Popular Cabin Categories

MissKIA

I'm also thinking handicap cabins since there tend to be a very limited # of these. Fortunately, I don't have a need for one, but know people that do...They tend to book their cruises REALLY early to ensure they get exactly what they need because it's hard to find one last minute.

Other then that, I think it depends on the cruise line, what the intinerary is, the length of the cruise...etc..

Recently I had a TA who specializes in cruises and has sold them for years and years told me that typically (although certainly not always) the cheapest (lowest category insides) and the most expensive (larger suites) go first. This sure looks to have been the case with my last couple of cruises, as when we got to just a few weeks prior to sailing, ocean views and standard balconies were all that was available.

I've always heard that the cheapest and the most expensive go first. I think that certain specific cabins that are discussed OFTEN and in great detail here on CC are also in demand and go as soon as they are opened. These would include the 3 inch larger balcony on Caribe deck etc;).

I have been in balcony, oceanview, obstructed oceanview, conceige level balcony (last min. great deal transalantic), and inside. Each believe it or not had good points and of course bad points. Each time we cruise -- we decide what we need, how much we want to pay and if a balcony will get full use or if oceanview for light will do. Each trip is different set of circumstances. And yes we do go from category to category balcony to inside. If you get a choice, then I find it does not bother me to go with a "lesser" cabin. I think most of the time I would rather have more cruises than larger cabin.

Archived