Soccer in the Basketball/Tennis Courts

RBAlbany

My family and I sail on the Jewel this summer. I have seen goals in some pictures, and a video on You Tube. My sons and I play. I assume this is possible. Do they provide a ball? Is there any place where a schedule or announcements are kept for the usage of the space?

The schedule will be in the dailies. They will always provide the equipment for their events, so no need to bring a soccer ball. You may want to pack your Sambas though if this is something you're looking forward to. :) I've not sailed this specific ship, so I can't comment on whether this is something they do every trip or just in their brochure pictures.

On every other sea day, they would have a soccer "tournament" in the BB court for about an hour. We played...Very low-key...just for fun. Like Mike said, watch the sched in the Freestyle daily. If you don't see it, ask one of the Cruise Director's staff to set it up.

Some played barefoot and had some serious blisters from the BB court surface....so bring shoes. :)

Archived