To Sabbatini or not to Sabbatini - that is the question?

winncruiser

We were just on the Grand for two weeks with two other couples we convinced to join us on their first Princess cruise.

We have done the Steakhouse on every cruise (twice on this one) and one of the couples wanted to try Sabatinis. I have never been tempted to go there because I just can't sit that long.

The ended up going by themselves one evening and they loved it! We met them when we lived in Naples, IT and they have always enjoyed Italian food.

But - they did say it took a bit longer than 2 1/2 hours which isn't my cup of tea.

We were at Sabatinis once and likely won't return. I'm not much of a seafood fan and that probably explains my opinion. My wife, who loves seafood, thought it was interesting, but otherwise was not terribly impressed. As noted previously, it is a lot of food. We went the first night because our AMEX platnium card paid the up-charge for that night.

Love Sabatini's!! This last time on the Grand was just excellent - and yes, the seafood is the best! I have found that you do not have to eat every bit of it all - just tastes. The whole experience is very leisurely and pleasurable. (A special night!)

I always prefer it to the steak/grill restaurant. We can get some excellent meat here and hubby grills a much better steak than I can get out and perfectly med. rare!!:D

On the CB, we had the mustard encrusted seared chilean seabass and it was the most delicious fish dish! We requested no meat, poultry, or shellfish and there were plenty of things to eat, which was a delight. The service was excellent (we ate at around 8:30), very attentive and friendly, yet not intrusive. We drank a nice Prosecco but I don't remember the name.

Hi User Error

Just tell your waiter at the start of the meal and they will help you out,

while there is a lot of sea food DW will not touch any however neverbeen

an issue, still need a fork lift truck to carry us out.

yours Shogun

As others have posted..too much food but certainly yummy! We have had dinner in Sabatini's several times..favorite time on the Ruby TA looking out the window with a glorious sunset..so if you go ask for a window table and wear loose comfortable clothing!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

We were at Sabatinis once and likely won't return. I'm not much of a seafood fan and that probably explains my opinion. My wife, who loves seafood, thought it was interesting, but otherwise was not terribly impressed. As noted previously, it is a lot of food. We went the first night because our AMEX platnium card paid the up-charge for that night.

We visited Sabatinis the first time for the same reason...AMEX paid, so why not? Our feelings were similar to others on this thread, i.e., it was OK, but nothing special. We prefer the MDR with our always (so far anyway:)) great waitstaff.

On subsequent cruises we "conveniently" don't get around to making reservations until very late in the cruise when all seatings are booked. Then, Princess simply credits our account for the upcharge.

We ate at Sabatini's twice on the Grand and have to say it was wonderful.

First time we did not know what to expect and ate most of the bread/breadsticks, when they came to take our order we were told we got everything on the menu:eek:.....lesson learnt.

2nd time we went very hungry & only had a nibble at the bread, still very filling though.

The service was superb and could not be faulted, Adrian a waiter from Romania made the evening so much fun, it was a great experience and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Give it a go....

Archived