Summit to Bermuda- tell me about it!!

cruisinleelee

Our 1st family cruise was on Century and we were hooked!! We have since cruised other lines- RRCL x2 Princess X2 (most recently 2/2011) and NCL way back when. Kids are grown and DH and I are ready to revisit Celebrity and we are considering Bermuda and Summit. Tell me about it- the good the bad and everything in between. I am concerned about rough seas and we are looking at August..:rolleyes:

Would you be concerned that it is hurricane season and the peak time for hurricanes is from mid-August to mid-September? The captain will not go into a hurricane but take evasive action like doing New England instead; would you be OK with that?

But you don't need a hurricane to make the seas rough. The trip to Bermuda can be calm or otherwise. What you think as rough, I may consider calm. I've been seasick :( on 2 of my Bermuda cruises but that would not keep me from going again.

SBtS

Would you be concerned that it is hurricane season and the peak time for hurricanes is from mid-August to mid-September? The captain will not go into a hurricane but take evasive action like doing New England instead; would you be OK with that?

But you don't need a hurricane to make the seas rough. The trip to Bermuda can be calm or otherwise. What you think as rough, I may consider calm. I've been seasick :( on 2 of my Bermuda cruises but that would not keep me from going again.

SBtS

I am aware that it is hurricane season. I was asking more about the waters in non hurricane weather. Bonine is my friend for sure but I'm trying to determine if a land vacation is better for Bermuda. Thanks for your help. I guess I just answered my own question:D!!

I am aware that it is hurricane season. I was asking more about the waters in non hurricane weather. Bonine is my friend for sure but I'm trying to determine if a land vacation is better for Bermuda. Thanks for your help. I guess I just answered my own question:D!!

If you have any problems with seasickness or rough seas, I would suggest

you get a prescription patch from your family doctor. They are much more

effective than bonine or dramamine. My wife had a problem after a Bermuda

cruise and swore she would never cruise again. She tried the patch and has

never had even a hint of a problem in our 5 cruises since.

we were on Summit last Sept 5th to Bermuda after a hurricane came up the coast & missed us in NY.. the ship was delayed about 5 hrs getting to pick us up b/c it was a diff itin & had evaded the storm up in Canada--

many on that prior trip were very, very seasick.. our embarkation was awful due to the delay but Celebrity did what it could to make the long wait (5 + hrs) in the small terminal better! They posted a delayed dep & served a buiffet lunch portside,. but the place was really a zoo!!!

we had smooth seas the whole time & mostly sunny weather in Bermuda--had a great time..the week after our trip .. another hurricane--it's just the luck of the draw.. the anxiety about the hurricane was a bit much for us so we would not cruise there again in Sept. maybe Aug is better thean Sept???

The ship itself is aging & much in need of update..but nicer than Century in our opinion.. the staff, service & food were excellent.

Archived