Should I Rethink This Itinerary?

MrsZee

We are considering the Carnival Dream in September and will be porting in Nassau. According to the "which ship is in port which day" sites, these are all the ships that will be there the day we are....

Carnival Dream

Carnival Imagination

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

NCL Norwegian Sky

Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

This seems like a nightmare... can Nassau accommodate this many people comfortably? (We've never been) I also am not fooling myself into thinking we have a chance at a day pass at Atlantis with these many people in port at once.

So... is there a less populated attraction we should look for or skip this itinerary all together?

(cross posted to the Bahamas board, but thought I might get info faster on this one)

Well the Carnival Imagination, Majesty OTS, and Norwegian Sky are all the smallest (or of the smaller) ships in their respective ships. However, the Carnival Dream and Oasis of the Seas being the biggest (and the Oasis being a monster) may cancel that out. Overall, I would estimate that there will be about 18,000 people in port that day.

Can Nassau hold that amount of people? Certainly, otherwise it wouldn't have allowed that many ships to dock all in one day. Will it be crowded? Yes. However, there is a lot to do in Nassau so it may not be too bad.

Typically, Nassau and Grand Cayman (I find) have the most ships, usually at any given time. Anytime you go, they will likely be crowded or of the more crowded ports.

Bottom line, I wouldn't change itineraries if I were you. The other ports that itinerary visits (St. Thomas and St. Maarten I'm guessing) are supposed to be amazing (hope to get there myself). Nassau isn't too special anyway in my opinion.

We are considering the Carnival Dream in September and will be porting in Nassau. According to the "which ship is in port which day" sites, these are all the ships that will be there the day we are....

Carnival Dream

Carnival Imagination

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

NCL Norwegian Sky

Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

This seems like a nightmare... can Nassau accommodate this many people comfortably? (We've never been) I also am not fooling myself into thinking we have a chance at a day pass at Atlantis with these many people in port at once.

So... is there a less populated attraction we should look for or skip this itinerary all together?

(cross posted to the Bahamas board, but thought I might get info faster on this one)

The way I look at it is...

the more ships in port, the less time you have to say

"no thank you, just looking";)

Plus, my wife would do it just to get to see Oasis in person.

We did see it once, but it wasn't close at all.

We were in Calica and it was in Coz.

Imagination will be departing as you arrive, having spent the night there. I would forget the daypass...You depart at 2pm, would need to be back to ship by 1:30p, which means leaving Atlantis at ??? Short stay for the money...EM

I didn't even notice that we leave at 2pm. That is a short stay in port. Yeah, Atlantis is out. I did want to see the aquarium though... maybe we can see the aquarium and then just go walk around near the ship.

Another consideration is that Dream is in Nassau on Sundays and most of the stores are closed. The flea market is open though. When we sail on Dream we end up staying on the ship in Nassau. Too short a time there to do much of anything.

Archived