***GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!! A "Springbreakers" Review of the Destiny***

College Cruiser I'm so enjoying your review. My family of 7 will be on the Destiny 6/4. I'm planning on having so many laughs with the "cruise virgins". I'm sitting here rushing the day when I can sit in the Atlanta airport headed to Miami.. But.... It's coming LOL.

I can't wait to read even more!! :D

Thank you! They are good for laughs. It's funny how they don't get cruising at first, but once its over they are the first ones ready to book again.

I absolutely love your review can't wait to read the rest!!!

Thank you! I'm working on some more now!

Wow I have to say this is really the Best Well Written Review Iv'e Seen!! Lovin it and cant wait to read more...It made me smile and laugh so keep it up :)

We too recently are off the Destiny I posted a review as well overall we had a great time and My kids well they will ONLY Cruise for now on...LOL they are 16 and 12...

We will be headed on the Liberty you should check that ship out as well going to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman!!

That was actually my first choice, but that itinerary on the Liberty isn't offered during my spring break time. I think Im going to book the Valor, 7 day Western same ports.

If your review is this interesting so far, I can't wait until the ship begins to move. Keep it coming!!!

Thank you! I see why these reviews take so long to write now. Gosh I need to get moving!

OMG.....your writing style is simply awesome!!!! I have never been so focused on reading a review. I can't wait to show this to my family for our July cruise. Everything is just so awesome!!!! Do you have more pics on your facebook??? I would love to see those also.

Thank you! Like I said I LOVE to write. I really want to write a book one day. Its a dream of mine. I put the best 190 pics on Facebook. If you don't mind telling me your name I can add you as a friend. I have some pretty strict privacy settings because my ex bf is CRAZY! LOL. Otherwise you can see all 400+ pics on photobucket. my user name on there is brittlas07.

Oh I am loving the pics cuz some of the are EXACTLY the same as mine - ha ha ha (okay I didn't dare balance a drink on the railing when I got my Miami skyline picture).

And it is fun hearing June and his 'cruise virgin' comments! Must have been very entertaining :D:D

I Just started reading your review! Its great. I read your other one as well! And June got even more interesting at dinner in the MDR. I'll get there soon

This has nothing to do with the review, but I've been telling everyone who would listen anyway.

I JUST GOT MY FIRST LAW SCHOOL ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!! YAYAAYAYAYAY!

Ok, moving on. So it was a little after 1:30, June and I had frozen yogurt in hand, and were headed to our cabin.

You know what Carnival really needs? SPRINKLES!! That would make the ice cream perfect. I always put sprinkles in the bottom of my cone before the ice cream because it helps the bottom of the cone not get as soggy when the ice cream melts, and because i love sprinkles. I think I should talk to John about that.

Sorry I'm eating ice cream as I type. Our cabin was #2200. I picked it because I was worried about June getting seasick and I heard you feel less movement when you are lower and midship. Also, I figured it was a super easy number to remember, and because 22 is my fav number. This cabin location was a WIN WIN WIN. It was also located right next to one of those doors in the hallway that close in the event of fire. This was good because I still had difficulty remembering my cabin number (I kept ending up at 2220 LOL), but bad because every time someone would roll a bag over the metal strip where the door would close it was really noisy. Thankfully this only happened on the first day. We were also close to the elevators.

Before I continue, those of you with Androids should download a free app called shipmate. I used it all cruise to check deck plans and I didn't have to look like a dork carrying a map. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

https://market.android.com/details?id=shipmate.carnival&feature=search_result

and here is a not so good picture of our room. Its the only one I took, and I snapped this one as we were about to walk out our door on debarkation morning. Thats why June has on a sweatshirt, headed back to the lovely Michigan weather.

2011-03-03074349.jpg

So once we arrived at the room we dropped of my backpack full of shoes and my purse (which are both ironically in that picture) and flipped through the funtimes.

P2260533.jpg

Our bags weren't there yet, not that I expected them to be, and then around 2 I told June we were going to the "Secret Deck." When you say something is "Secret" people instantly get excited and want to go right away. Soooo off we went, up the deserted elevators to deck 7. We walked all the way forward and eventually came across the door that led out to the open forward deck. Now on deck 7 you can't see much if you're really short (me), so we walked down the stairs to deck 6. And gosh it was windy there! See my hair!

P2260593.jpg

If you are wondering whats in my cup its a mix of Carnival's way too bland ice tea and way too sweet lemonade...

and here is that "titanic moment" picture. you cant go down there, crew only.

P2260589.jpg

We hung out here for about a half hour, and not a single soul came out to join us. Then we headed back about 2:30, and our bags were there! GREAT! So i unpacked, and June did what he does best -he fell asleep- after announcing that he was going to live out of his suitcase for the trip. I wasn't having that, so I unpacked all his stuff while he was sleeping and stored our bags under the bed. I also took advantage of my snoozing boyfriend to take these pics. hehe

P2260539.jpg

P2260536.jpg

Then I got bored, so I fell asleep to. We were awoken by our cabin steward, bringing our bucket of ice. He had one of the strangest guys I "met" on the whole ship. I put met in quotes because he never introduced himself. He came in, scaring the crap out of us since we had dozed off, June and I told him our names, then he sat down the ice, and left. Odd fellow. Then about five minutes later we heard the announcement for muster drill.

Dont you all love muster drill? We left our room, started down the hall and up the steps to deck 4. Thats when I realized I forgot to look at the map on the back of our door to see where muster station F was located. So back down to deck 2 we went only to be turned around by a carnival employee who wouldn't let us get to our cabin. Then it was back up to deck 4 to stand and look confused like all the other people who forgot to look at the map. We went to one side of the ship, no F there, and then the other. Finally we found it, and after getting turned around all those times we were still among the first people there. I was getting worried because it was already a quarter to 4 and the drill hadnt begun and I didnt want June to miss his first sailaway. The drill finally started about 3:55 and ended at about 10minutes after 4.

As soon as the drill ended there was a mad dash for the lido deck! Being small I was able to squeeze thru people and get to an elevator pretty fast. Silly me, I forgot June is tall, and left him in the pack of people. So I back tracked a little, got accused of leaving him AGAIN, and we headed up to deck 9 together!

I haven't asked you all a question in a while! Here's a new one. Have you ever tried to skip the muster drill?

I really dont think they are that bad... but how many times can you hear someone ask if you want ketchup with you MUSTARD drill before you get fed up?

Sailaway coming up soon!

I am sooooo loving your review!! Can't wait for more. You should definitely pursue that writer thing :)

Thank you! I plan to, sometime between saving the world by day and partying at night. :D

I will check out your photobucket when I get off work. I will do it then because my children are really excited about our first cruise!

Great! The pictures are a little out of order because I used 3 different cameras to take pictures. -_- worst idea ever.

Congrats on your acceptance letter!!!!!!! I am lol'ing at the Sparten guy.. that rivalry is viciously fun isn't it? My daughter has an AWFUL Tshirt regarding UofM and she is honestly the sweetest person in the world (when not discussing UofM vs State that is)

I Just started reading your review! Its great. I read your other one as well! And June got even more interesting at dinner in the MDR. I'll get there soon

Thanks!....and I can't wait to hear more about June's 1st cruise experience! (are we allowed to ask why June and not Carl!!:eek:)

Loving the review. I'll be there in 21 days!! Can't wait and cruising with several Newbs so it should be interesting.

Also, congrats on your acceptance

On the drill question, didn't try to skip. I mean like you said it's not that bad. LOL

Can't wait to read more!

AUGHHH!!'

MY EYES!!!

:p

you Spartans are just so darn adorable. the little brothers i never had. ;)

This is so cool...I love cruzin with newbies. Really reminds you why you love it so much

Thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance letter!!!!!!! I am lol'ing at the Sparten guy.. that rivalry is viciously fun isn't it? My daughter has an AWFUL Tshirt regarding UofM and she is honestly the sweetest person in the world (when not discussing UofM vs State that is)

Yea, I was forced to apply to State's law school, we will see what happens with that. LOL

Great review! Such a fun read!!

Thank you!

Thanks!....and I can't wait to hear more about June's 1st cruise experience! (are we allowed to ask why June and not Carl!!:eek:)

Well June aka Carl is actually a Jr. So in the many years I've known him he went from being called Carl Jr. to C.J to just Jr. and then June. :rolleyes:

How exactly do you get to that "secret" deck on the Destiny? Leaving in a few days - was curious.

Very simple. Just head to deck 6 or 7 and walk forward. You will see a door that has a window, you can see outside thru it. Here, I made you a map. Take the elevators with the black dot over them, and walk to where I put the arrow. After that last cabin, there is nothing on the deck plan, but there is a door in reality.

DEUPPER22.jpg

Loving the review. I'll be there in 21 days!! Can't wait and cruising with several Newbs so it should be interesting.

Also, congrats on your acceptance

On the drill question, didn't try to skip. I mean like you said it's not that bad. LOL

Can't wait to read more!

My granddad has been on 9 cruises and hasn't attended a single muster. BAD GRANDDAD! Guess he figures we wouldn't leave him behind. :confused:

We made it to the lido and ended up finding a cozy spot on the port side of the ship, right under the whale tail. After about 5 minutes the deck was ridiculously crowded. It was about five after 4 and we weren't moving yet because another ship was headed out first. Can anyone identify the line this ship if from?

P2260544.jpg

Up next, was the Liberty, going the wrong way. She turned around and headed out behind us later.

P2260546.jpg

They did the usual line dances and when i looked over the edge of the railing, I noticed that we were no longer attached to the gangway.

P2260551.jpg

YAYAY WE WERE CRUISIN'! Then we heard the "Carnival Horn" and we were officially on our way.

P2260521.jpg

Next I heard the sound machine two person band sing the "HOT HOT HOT" song. I LOVE that song, and so does my mom, so I made one last phone call so she could hear it. I liked the "band" my only problem was that they played the exact same songs each time I heard them. I wish they would've mixed it up a bit. Even June had "ole ole ole ole its getting hot hot hot" stuck in his head.

Sailaway was exciting as always, but pretty uneventful. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves here.

P2260557.jpg

Goodbye Miami

P2260559.jpg

After those couple of pics, the things we were seeing on the portside of the ship started to get pretty boring. So we switched sides and in glad we did.

P2260569.jpg

What's this coming up?

P2260574.jpg

Its South Beach!!! Hello fellow Wolverines that are Springbreaking there.

P2260576.jpg

Getting further and further away!

P2260579.jpg

P2260578.jpg

and here is the last piece of land we would see for a couple days. Now it's just water as far as the eye can see.

P2270606.jpg

At this point it was sometime close to 6 because the lido deck started to clear out. I guess people were getting ready for dinner. June and I weren't hungry yet, so we decided to head back to cabin 2200. June fell asleep AGAIN and then I got bored and fell asleep AGAIN and we were woken up by our cabin steward AGAIN! then we talked about going to dinner and sometime before actually getting out of the bed we dozed off AGAIN and we were woken up by our cabin steward AGAIN!

We were really exhausted! Remember my essay fiasco Thursday night, so I only got an hour or two of sleep, and about five hours Friday night in Miami. June, he just sleeps all the time. The last time we were woken up I grabbed my phone to check the time and almost had a heart attack! I jumped out of bed and searched for my fun times! It was 8:55 and I was certain that dinner in the MDR ended at 9 (we had anytime dining). I was so upset that I was going to have to eat pizza for dinner instead of a 3 course meal. Turns out dinner end at 9:30, so I dragged June out of bed and away we went.

some notable quotes from june up to this point were:

Entering the atrium. June:"so when will we really be on the boat?" me: "we are on the ship dear." june:"really, this is the boat??? It doesn't look like a boat at all!! Wow! *takes photos* me: Ummm... Yea what were you expecting...

Arriving on the lido deck. June: "hey... Look we can still see miami" me: "duh, we haven't gone anywhere yet." june. "why aren't we moving yet"

me: "maybe because people are still boarding" june: Yea that makes sense." *takes photos of miami*

rofl.....rofl

Archived