***GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!! A "Springbreakers" Review of the Destiny***

We both had baked alaska for dessert. Neither of us had ever had baked alaska, and only ordered it because of the computer game The Sims. For those of you that dont know, when your Sim learns how to cook, baked alaska is the hardest thing to learn. It looked good on the computer, so I figured It must be good in person.

LOL!!!

That was the same reason I tried the baked alaska on my first cruise. It looked good on the sims game.

LOL!!!

This is the first review that I have read that truly kept my intrest.

You made it interesting and funny to read.

How will we know when that book you will write will come out? Make sure you come back to cc and let us know. If we are still alive God willing.

Make sure you do another review on your next cruise.

Best wishes to you.

We set our alarms to 7:30, but woke up before they went off. It was odd to look out the window and see "non-tropical" land. I took my phone out of airplane mode to check our flight time, and we weren't leaving until 1:30 from FLL. So idk why Carnival said we had an early flight, but oh well. :confused: We quickly got dressed, and packed everything in our carry-ons and headed up to the lido around 8. Before we left the room self assist, and zone 1 had been called. As we were headed to the elevators zone 2 was called.

The elevators were a mad house (like embarkation day in reverse). :eek: If you recall, we just walked up the steps to the lido on day one. So I said "let's just take the steps again." We started up, carrying about the same load as embarkation day and were tired by the time we reached deck 5. I guess all the food we ate caught up with us. Eventually we made it, and there was no one on deck. We walked straight up the the buffet, got bacon, ham, and potatoes, and then ordered our omelets. On our way to the drink machine zone 3 was called and by the time we sat down zone 4 was called. By the time we finished eating, around 8:45, they were on zone 6 or 7. We took the elevator down to deck 3 (stopping at every floor with people trying to get on) and met the line right after we got out of the elevators. They instructed us to have our S&S cards ready, so the line was moving very fast. We were off the ship, had our bags, and thru customs by 9. The customs woman asked if June was my boyfriend, and if this was our first trip. I responded yes to both questions, and then she asked if he "behaved" on the trip. I said yes, he did very good, and she said that she could've found some reason to detain him if he didn't. LOL.

We had called SAS when we got off the ship, and after customs as instructed. Once again we waited and waited in the spot they told us to, and after about 15 minutes they showed up. This time our van was completely full. It was June and 1, and then two large families who had apparently had an altercation on the ship. It created an awkward tense silence all the way to FLL. By the time we checked in, and made it to the gate it was about 10:30. We played angry birds on our phones, called our family, looked through pictures, played cards, and it was only noon. Then we got something to eat from a grill, June got a bacon cheeseburger, which he said sadly tasted nothing like carnivals, and i got a grilled chicken pita, which was yum. Then June went to the bathroom, and I watched our bags so I could go next. While he was gone they started boarding for our plane. I wanted to make my trip to the bathroom so I wouldn't be stuck going on the plane, but June was nowhere to be found. I tried calling him, and then realized that he had left his phone in his coat that I was holding. GRRRR. :mad: Finally he comes leisurely walking around the corner, and I jogged up to him and told him to go watch the bags, and left him looking rather confused. I made it back just as they had called our zone and away we went. :rolleyes:

We slept the whole flight home, and got to DTW a little after 4. June's brother picked us up, dropped me off at my cousins so I could play with my new puppy, and then they went home. I loved playing with my puppy, but I was so tired that I fell asleep. When I woke up, he was sleeping on my back. I guess we were both tired!

Here is my little Louie.

IMG_0200.jpg

And that brings this review to a close! Thank you all for reading and being patient with my busy schedule. I've paid my seat deposit for law school, June and I found our first apartment together, and can't wait to move may 1st. June has fallen in love with cruising, and we are hoping to go again next year! I'll still be checking the post if anyone has more questions or comments. :D

-Brittany

Congrats on both of the acceptance letters!!! I am highly enjoying your review. I will be sailing the Destiny OCt 17th to celebrate my 30th bday!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

Thank you! Enjoy your trip!

Oh my God that was awesome. I got a kick at the part when you boyfriend was buying the necklaces. Great Review. We are from Chicago and plan on going in April. Thanks alot.:)

I wish I could go again in april. I miss it already.

LOL!!!

That was the same reason I tried the baked alaska on my first cruise. It looked good on the sims game.

LOL!!!

I knew I wasn't the only one!

This is the first review that I have read that truly kept my intrest.

You made it interesting and funny to read.

How will we know when that book you will write will come out? Make sure you come back to cc and let us know. If we are still alive God willing.

Make sure you do another review on your next cruise.

Best wishes to you.

Thank you! I will definitely do another review. I really want to do either the Valor or Liberty next March! June isn't on board yet because of the price of airfare, but we will drive if we have to. Turn it into a road trip. ;) The book is a long long way off. I have to survive law school first. :eek:

Thoroughly enjoyed your review!! I started it Sat. evening and couldn't stop until I had read through all the pages, about midnight. My husband was wondering what I was doing!! We are going on the Destiny with my daughter's family in December. I loved all your pictures. We will be doing the 5 day itinerary to Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Am so looking forward to it. Thanks again! And best of luck at Law school!

We set our alarms to 7:30, but woke up before they went off. It was odd to look out the window and see "non-tropical" land. I took my phone out of airplane mode to check our flight time, and we weren't leaving until 1:30 from FLL. So idk why Carnival said we had an early flight, but oh well. :confused: We quickly got dressed, and packed everything in our carry-ons and headed up to the lido around 8. Before we left the room self assist, and zone 1 had been called. As we were headed to the elevators zone 2 was called.

The elevators were a mad house (like embarkation day in reverse). :eek: If you recall, we just walked up the steps to the lido on day one. So I said "let's just take the steps again." We started up, carrying about the same load as embarkation day and were tired by the time we reached deck 5. I guess all the food we ate caught up with us. Eventually we made it, and there was no one on deck. We walked straight up the the buffet, got bacon, ham, and potatoes, and then ordered our omelets. On our way to the drink machine zone 3 was called and by the time we sat down zone 4 was called. By the time we finished eating, around 8:45, they were on zone 6 or 7. We took the elevator down to deck 3 (stopping at every floor with people trying to get on) and met the line right after we got out of the elevators. They instructed us to have our S&S cards ready, so the line was moving very fast. We were off the ship, had our bags, and thru customs by 9. The customs woman asked if June was my boyfriend, and if this was our first trip. I responded yes to both questions, and then she asked if he "behaved" on the trip. I said yes, he did very good, and she said that she could've found some reason to detain him if he didn't. LOL.

We had called SAS when we got off the ship, and after customs as instructed. Once again we waited and waited in the spot they told us to, and after about 15 minutes they showed up. This time our van was completely full. It was June and 1, and then two large families who had apparently had an altercation on the ship. It created an awkward tense silence all the way to FLL. By the time we checked in, and made it to the gate it was about 10:30. We played angry birds on our phones, called our family, looked through pictures, played cards, and it was only noon. Then we got something to eat from a grill, June got a bacon cheeseburger, which he said sadly tasted nothing like carnivals, and i got a grilled chicken pita, which was yum. Then June went to the bathroom, and I watched our bags so I could go next. While he was gone they started boarding for our plane. I wanted to make my trip to the bathroom so I wouldn't be stuck going on the plane, but June was nowhere to be found. I tried calling him, and then realized that he had left his phone in his coat that I was holding. GRRRR. :mad: Finally he comes leisurely walking around the corner, and I jogged up to him and told him to go watch the bags, and left him looking rather confused. I made it back just as they had called our zone and away we went. :rolleyes:

We slept the whole flight home, and got to DTW a little after 4. June's brother picked us up, dropped me off at my cousins so I could play with my new puppy, and then they went home. I loved playing with my puppy, but I was so tired that I fell asleep. When I woke up, he was sleeping on my back. I guess we were both tired!

Here is my little Louie.

IMG_0200.jpg

And that brings this review to a close! Thank you all for reading and being patient with my busy schedule. I've paid my seat deposit for law school, June and I found our first apartment together, and can't wait to move may 1st. June has fallen in love with cruising, and we are hoping to go again next year! I'll still be checking the post if anyone has more questions or comments. :D

-Brittany

He is just too cute! What breed is he/she?

That was a really good review!

Thanks for taking the time to write it!:)

Thank you! && You're welcome! :D

Thoroughly enjoyed your review!! I started it Sat. evening and couldn't stop until I had read through all the pages, about midnight. My husband was wondering what I was doing!! We are going on the Destiny with my daughter's family in December. I loved all your pictures. We will be doing the 5 day itinerary to Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Am so looking forward to it. Thanks again! And best of luck at Law school!

Thank you! I've been stuck reading reviews like that to. It's fun to pretend you're on vacation again. I even re-read my own review. LOL

He is just too cute! What breed is he/she?

Thanks, he is a Maltese. He's a handful, but I love him to pieces.

I'm glad I read your review about the Carnival Destiny. I was reading mixed reviews and this is a older ship. So I was a bit scared of booking. But Carnival is a fun ship and you make the best out of your cruises. Thanks. Glad you and June had a great time.

I'm glad I read your review about the Carnival Destiny. I was reading mixed reviews and this is a older ship. So I was a bit scared of booking. But Carnival is a fun ship and you make the best out of your cruises. Thanks. Glad you and June had a great time.

I actually booked before I found Cruise Critic. I started reading the reviews and I got really nervous! I didn't want June's first cruise to be a bad experience. :eek: I can say that everything wasn't perfect, but I didn't expect it to be. I think most people have some odd sense that reality ends while you are on vacation. Some people would have been appalled by the leaking ceiling, and never would've sailed Carnival again. We had a good laugh about it. Life, and vacations, are what you make them.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review! DW and I will be cruising on Destiny's Western Caribbean loop in late June for our 1st anniversary. It's my first cruise, and her 3rd, and I'm sure I'll be pretty confused with what's going on. I'm super excited for this cruise (just have a couple months and a business trip to get through!!!).

We've been to Dunn's River Falls one day on a mission trip to Jamaica. That craft area is crazy. Luckily, we had someone with us who knew how to handle the guys, and did all the haggling for us. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we would have paid way too much for that stuff. And it's all the same stuff at every stand!

What a great review! Loved the picture of your funship drink! You had me laughing with June's 1st time cruiser comments!:p I'm actually looking into a friends getaway on this ship next June. I'm hoping during it's drydock they will add a serenity deck. Looking forward to finally sailing a Carnival ship that has one. I teach 8th graders so you hopefully will understand my need for any and all adult time I can get. Again great review & loved your pictures!

what a great review !!! I have done 3 cruises. Was nervous booking last one in 09 as I had my one grandson with us. doing another one next june 2012 and I am VERYY nervous because we will be taking the 2 youngest ones TOGETHER !! So yes we all still get jitters booking. especially when there oare others who depend on us involved.

And proud of all you have accomplished !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed this review. My cousin from MI wants to do this cruise in Nov., 2011 and I am having touble deciding if I want to go. This review has made me think it's very possible I will decide to go if my sister wants to. We live in NC. Thanks for the great revies and congrats on all your accomplishments.

College cruiser....I just want make sure the IC Hotel is the one on Choppin? I'm looking into lmt to book this hotel also. Thanks

sorry for the late response! yes, its the one on chopin. i hope you booked it! best hotel and location i have had in a while.

I thoroughly enjoyed this review. My cousin from MI wants to do this cruise in Nov., 2011 and I am having touble deciding if I want to go. This review has made me think it's very possible I will decide to go if my sister wants to. We live in NC. Thanks for the great revies and congrats on all your accomplishments.

thank you. and being on a cruise trumps work anytime.

Archived