Will I have Enough Time?...

heels_fan

My flight is set to land at MIA at 11:50 and I have arranged transportation via the Carnival shuttle (or whatever you call it) to the POM. Ship is set to sail at 4:00, so I think that means I need to be onboard by 2:30. I was thinking I would have plenty of time, but other posts I have read are making me nervous! Any input? Thanks in advance! :)

Plenty of time if the plane lands on time. I would cancel the Carnival bus and grab a taxi. The taxi stand is just outside of where you pick up your luggage. Sometimes you have to wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves, taxi would be quicker and less money.

Plenty of time if the plane lands on time. I would cancel the Carnival bus and grab a taxi. The taxi stand is just outside of where you pick up your luggage. Sometimes you have to wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves, taxi would be quicker and less money.

^^^ Ditto on the taxi.

I prefer to arrive after 2:00 PM because I can walk straight to the check-in desk, straight onto the ship and straight to my cabin to drop my stuff without having to stand in line like a bunch of cattle trying to get to the hay bunk.

Just hope you don't have any delays, though.

I was thinking I would have plenty of time....

What made you think that? Honestly, not being sarcastic here... this is way too tight IMO. But you've obviously made your plans already. If your flight is not late for any reason and there is not a traffic jam between MIA and POM, you probably have a chance of making it. The way I see it there are way too many variables in this situation which are out of your control. If you want reassurance, I cannot give it to you. But it seems you don't have a choice if you've already booked this flight, so I will say, best to you.

Our flights always need a connection so I would never risk it. Plus, we come from the cold snowy north which can often lead to flight delays. If you are on a direct flight from somewhere ice-less you should be fine.

Ditto on the taxi.

Direct flight... Charlotte to Miami... And of course I have a choice, I can always change flights - that's why I'm asking now! :) Sure, it will cost a little more, but if it's worth, it's worth it... But I don't want to fork over the cash to change flights, only to stand in the line & be herded at the port. I guess it's like everything else, it just truly depends on A LOT of variables & we make a decision & hope for the best!

Direct flight... Charlotte to Miami... And of course I have a choice, I can always change flights - that's why I'm asking now! :) Sure, it will cost a little more, but if it's worth, it's worth it... But I don't want to fork over the cash to change flights, only to stand in the line & be herded at the port. I guess it's like everything else, it just truly depends on A LOT of variables & we make a decision & hope for the best!

If there is any way you can change this flight, CHANGE IT!

I'm assuming you are flying US Airways because it is a direct flight and CLT is a USAirways hub.

That said, snowstorms in the winter and thunderstorms in spring to summer will shut down air traffic all up and down the eastern seaboard delaying thousands of flights.

Your best bet is to come in a day early if night, get the first flight to Miami of the day.

You've left yourself no room for a backup plan. The next flight after yours that gets into MIA doesn't arrive until 1:45 and it would be impossible to make the ship from that flight.

Flying American Airlines... Next flight out leaves at 10:15 & lands at 12:25. I originally thought I had plenty of "wiggle room," because Carnival books transfers for flights that land as late as 2:00. It's going to cost A LOT to change flights & opinions are varied. Seems I have some thinking to do. I greatly appreciate all of the input, though!

Flying American Airlines... Next flight out leaves at 10:15 & lands at 12:25. I originally thought I had plenty of "wiggle room," because Carnival books transfers for flights that land as late as 2:00. It's going to cost A LOT to change flights & opinions are varied. Seems I have some thinking to do. I greatly appreciate all of the input, though!

Oops! Yes, MIA is an AA hub.

I really do think you'll be fine. I've just been too close a couple of times (not cruise wise) so I'm a worry wort.

Archived