Which deck is used for boarding?

ck8mom

Which deck do we enter when we board the Nieuw Amsterdam?

Florida weather is gorgeous today and the rest of the week...sailing will be awesome on the 13th! Yesterday's sailing was rainy and windy!

If you are asking about when you board the ship for the first time no one can tell you the official deck of boarding. The Signature and Vista ships have multiple breaks in there hull on different levels for the gangway for boarding. Most of the time it has to do with the position of the shoreside gangway and also the condition of the tide. Through the many times that I have boarded a ship in Fort Lauderdale and even disembarked a ship you won't know until the gangway is official tied to the ship. I have seen during the day where they have changed the deck because of the movement of the ship.

The only thing I will tell you is that you are getting on a nice ship and enjoy your cruise.

I returned from the NA yesterday. We boarded on deck 3. Disembarked on deck 2 in FLL.

I believe we always went to deck A for the Carib ports but didn't keep track of those ports.

Same thing for us - back to the op - asking honestly -what difference does it make, :confused: the way it is set up is that you arrive on the ship and then hit the elevator or stairs to get to your room.

always on a main deck so there is room, but just wondering what the concern is or are you just excited ;)

I like to figure out the embarkation deck to know if I need to go up or down to get to lunch in the MDR. I'm not big on the Lido embarkation lunch.

got it! I'm not a fan of the Lido lunch either. From what I have been reading, the rooms should be ready as soon as you board - so you will probably want to go there first to get rid of your carry on's and then go to the MDR:D

Archived