What to do?

callmebetty

We are about to book a 7 day cruise on the Jewel. We have not been on NCL in years and years, and we normally do an 8-9 day cruise on other lines. For the extra $400 should we take a Penthouse? Now that I have the penthouse idea in my head, I don't want to not do it, but I fear this will ruin my cruising on balconies in the future...of course my thought right now is that any cruise is a good cruise, but will I feel that way after having a "suite" experience? They had me at the phrase "pillow menu" lol

Also, would we be able to host a party in our room for other people we know on the ship? We are thinking about surprising our family that is going on the cruise and not telling them we are on board until the ship sets sail...

With that being said, is it a bad idea to pack disguises to really throw them for a loop?

Thanks for the helo...I know my questions are a bit random!

I had the experience of a brother and sister in law surprising others in their family on board the Dawn. They somehow found us in an elevator and got on in the front and turned their backs to us and then started making wise cracks to rile us up. When they turned around and removed their wigs, it was a great show for all!!

Do it!!

Can't say about the Penthouse, but i think that the perks and the cabin itself make it worth the $400. You can host parties and your butler will do it all.

Here is a pix of the simple disguises

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_WtUAT0LDTDo/R955pDE9LCI/AAAAAAAAA0E/nrqFYZdA8vA/s512/PICT123900.JPG

We were in a penthouse in the Gem and loved it, there is more room in them. On our last cruise we were back in a Balcony cabin and had no trouble making the adjustment, If you are going to party in your room please remember the people in the rooms around you and wathc your noise levels.

I am super excited! the bunch we are surprising is not a wild and crazy one...once the initial shock is over, we will be a very quiet group!

I am wondering if we would be able to tip the butler really well and have him deliver a note to the cabin of the unsuspecting relatives...would that be too much? Something along the lines of a free tour and cocktail sort of note while the child is at the kids club...then we could really surprise our nephew by picking him up later :)

I am super excited! the bunch we are surprising is not a wild and crazy one...once the initial shock is over, we will be a very quiet group!

I am wondering if we would be able to tip the butler really well and have him deliver a note to the cabin of the unsuspecting relatives...would that be too much? Something along the lines of a free tour and cocktail sort of note while the child is at the kids club...then we could really surprise our nephew by picking him up later :)

The concierge might do that and the butler would serve you in the cabin.

Archived