Just returned home from the Millennium

mari10

We arrived home last night at 6:30PM. I briefly want to comment about our trip.

We were a group of 8, all first time cruisers except myself. Being in the industry I have cruised quite alot, but could never get my husband of 24 years to go with me. Finally he agreed to go with this group. Well all I can say is that he is hooked! We booked another cruise while on board and so did the others in the group.

We arrived at the pier around 11:15, and it took us about 5 minutes to board th ship. We were greeted with Champagne, and proceed to deck 10. We had a welcome drink and at noon at lunch. After lunch we went to check out our cabins, and they were ready. Our luggage arrived very quickly. We were unpacked and having another drink before we did the lifeboat drill. The drill lasted about 40 minutes. We were then off to the Ocean Grill (aft) for the sailaway. After sailaway, I confirmed our reservations at the Olympic for Tuesday night, and check out where our table was at the Metropolitan.

The ship is in excellent condition, the food was very good, the music was excellent. I can't comment on the entertainment because we never made it to the Celebrity theatre. Our entertainment was the aft grill and the Martini Bar!

My husband played golf at 3 ports, and really enjoyed it. The golf pro is a great guy. We hit rough seas on the last formal night, there was a sudden storm. We were all fine, the ginger pills and the bonine really work.Otherwise the weather was perfect.

The crew couldn't have been nicer. Smiles all around, and as helpfull as can be. Out of the seven days, there was only one minor glitch. On the last formal night three at our table asked for surf and turf. We wanted a small piece of prime rib with the lobster tail. No problem our waiter said. When we got our dinner there was only the lobster on the dish. I asked our waiter assitant about the prime rib, and he said that the Maitre d' didn't want it on the same dish. So after we ate the dinner they brought out the beef. We didn't bother to eat it.During the week we asked for and received multiple dishes without a problem. One word about disembarking, very smooth until we arrived outsdie and tried to get to the airport. Our porter mislead us into taking a shared van. Loing story, but I will never do that again. Anyway, it was a great vacation, wonderful ship and since I'm still swaying I guess the magic lingers on. Sorry for any and all miss spells, am very tired. I only averaged 5 hours of sleep a night, was having alot of fun...

Mari

Thanks for the review Mari!

Our cruise on the Millennium is getting so close, just 3 months away now, I remember when it was a year!!

It's great to hear that she is in fine shape too. We actually have had that same experience on other cruises with the surf and turf requests. I would imagine that hundreds of people make that same request...they should just put it on the menu and make it easier on those of us who love their lobster with a little beef!

Hi Magie,

Last year on the Infinity, I ordered a small portion of the beef with the lobster tail, and that's how it came all on the same dish. I just assumed it would be the same way on the Millennium. If the waiter would have mentioned to us that we would not have our beef and lobster together, we just would have ordered the lobster. Next time, I'll ask.

Margi

WELCOME BACK MARI!!!! :)

Congratulations you got your hubby hooked. When/where are you booked for next?

Did you have the chocolate souffle for me?

On a few cruises our waiter has told us that they have to bring up an entire dinner the way it is prepared and not just an extra piece of something. I guess if that's the worse thing that happens on the cruise then so be it.

Glad you had a wonderful time and that my Millie is in good shape.

Now go get some rest.

Love,

Anne Maria

Thank you Mari for taking time to let us know how the Millennium is doing...esp. after reading a few "bad" comments from people!!! Very glad to know that you and your party had such a wonderful time!!!!!! We are leaving in 3 1/2 weeks!!!!!! We have been on both the Constellation and Summit, and now we just KNOW the Millennium will be just as great!!

Hi Anna Marie,

Thought about you many times during our week. Gary had the chocolate souffle and I had the Grand Marnier. Both were to die for.

Do you remember the good looking Maitre D' at SS United States? Well he's now on at the Olympic. That alone was worth the visit. He even gave us a tour of the kitchen. Wow!

Infact a lot of the crew from last year's Infinity trip were on the Millennium.

The ship is in tip top shape. We have only praises to sing.

We are booked on the Constellation for next February, but I'm thinking that's too much in the future. Will try for another cruise this year.

Take care,

Mari

Mari,

I'm so glad you and your group had a great time. That's wonderful you had some of the same crew from our cruise last year. They were a terrific bunch. I think that was overall the best service I've had on a cruise ship.

Come to Alaska with us in July on Summit!!

Have you talked to Shari lately?

Talk to you soon.

Anne Maria

as we are planning to sail Millie next. I laugh at how a large group of folks can be on the identical sale on the sme date, same ship & every single one will write a totally different review. After all the bad press, it is good to read a true review of the Celebrity that we know & love.

Archived