Orlando 11:55 AM flight?

39august

Is it reasonable to book an 11:55 flight from Orlando after debarking Freedom? My only other option is 6:30 PM.

It would be way too tight for me. I don't know how you plan to travel to MCO, but it would take a minimum of 1 hour if going by shuttle and maybe 1½ hours by rental car. To check in at the airport safely, you should allow 1½ hours. This means disembarking your ship not later than 9 AM with absolutely no safety margin for traffic, accidents or adverse weather conditions...or even making a wrong turn somewhere. If it were me, I'd get a rental car, stop somewhere along the way to see something (you can research this yourself) and take the later flight.

I would do it, but would skip the rental car and have a car service or shuttle ready to go; carry your bags off the ship and you can be on the road earlier than 9:00. As long as you are in the check-in line at MCO by 10:25 you should be fine. :cool:

Your other option is to rent a car and make a day of it in Orlando, and then take the 6:00 PM or a later flight. Good luck! :)

Take the later flight. Enjoy Florida for one more day. Go to the Kennedy Space Center, check out the beach, art museum, science museums, Leu Gardens, etc.

What if the flight gets moved up?

You gain an hour too, so flight still gets in at a decent time CST - IF all of the following: your flight isn't delayed, you don't have a stop, and live near the airport :-)

Archived