Aft corners on Radiance class

Can someone confirm for me that 8168 has the over-sized balcony? Looking at the deck plans on RCI's web site, it doesn't look any bigger than the other aft balconies. But, looking at the picture that Patti posted, it looks like it is triangular and bigger than the others. Is there room for two loungers out there?

Yes we were in 8168 on the Serenade in July. Extra big balcony. Awesome cabin plenty of room for two loungers.

Only complaints, toward the end of the cruise the toilet clogged and flooded. Not a nice thing. Cabin attendant seemed unfazed when we reported it, like it happened all the time. I had wondered why the bathroom smelled funny when we first boarded. Definite flooding problems with the toilet.

(For example, the final morning we could not use the toilet, not cool.)

Also the TV was old. It had not been replaced with the flat screen version yet. The picture tube was basically shot. We didn't watch it much, but when we did it would black out at times so not cool.

Yes we were in 8168 on the Serenade in July. Extra big balcony. Awesome cabin plenty of room for two loungers.

Only complaints, toward the end of the cruise the toilet clogged and flooded. Not a nice thing. Cabin attendant seemed unfazed when we reported it, like it happened all the time. I had wondered why the bathroom smelled funny when we first boarded. Definite flooding problems with the toilet.

(For example, the final morning we could not use the toilet, not cool.)

Also the TV was old. It had not been replaced with the flat screen version yet. The picture tube was basically shot. We didn't watch it much, but when we did it would black out at times so not cool.

Not good news! We have this cabin booked for our Jan/12 cruise. Was looking forward to a corner aft (and our first aft balcony) but now am having second thoughts. Maybe someone else can report if there are still problems with the plumbing in the corner?

We booked Serenade for next March. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. When we booked, 9256 was not available so we booked 9258. I kept checking RCI's web site to see if 9256 might free up and it did! I called my TA right away and had her switch us to 9256. It pays to keep checking the web site.

I originally could not get 9256 when I booked our August 2012 Alaska cruise on the Radiance way back in March when they first released bookings (not even posted on the

website yet) but were available by phone call to RCI rep. Was only 3 days into booking

and my favorite cabin was already gone! :eek: :(

She told me she would put me on a "wait list" for the cabin...I thought..."oh yeah...right...that that will work"...

But just last month I got a call from RCI that the cabin was available now and would I like

it! Yes! Changed from 8168 to 9256.

No sure what the deal was with that cabin suddenly being available, but apparently RCI

does call you when you book direct also. :)

We were able to book 9256 for our Sept 7 2012 cruise on Radiance. I called C&A at 9:02am on the day the cabins opened. The person I spoke with said that I was the third caller to book that cabin for the Alaska cruises-LOL! We had 9276 (I think) on the Rhapsody-corner aft wrap around for our Alaska cruise in Sept 2010 and loved it! That might not be the correct # but anyway, the cabin was large for a D1 and we were so pleased with the balcony! We usually try to book JS's but found the D aft cabins to be spacious too. Alaska is so beautiful, can't imagine seeing only one side of the scenary. Aft cabins rock!!

We had 8168 booked on Radiance for November Australia to New Zealand. One day I was in the RCI website and saw 9256 had become available. Reserved 8168 in April for a November cruise and on June 6th cabin 9256 became available. I would not have known about these afts if I hadn't read it on Cruise Critic. We booked it and then June 21st a price drop came available on 9256 and we got $800 pp credit. We cannot wait to go on this trip.

• 1 month later...
I originally could not get 9256 when I booked our August 2012 Alaska cruise on the Radiance way back in March when they first released bookings (not even posted on the

website yet) but were available by phone call to RCI rep. Was only 3 days into booking

and my favorite cabin was already gone! :eek: :(

She told me she would put me on a "wait list" for the cabin...I thought..."oh yeah...right...that that will work"...

But just last month I got a call from RCI that the cabin was available now and would I like

it! Yes! Changed from 8168 to 9256.

No sure what the deal was with that cabin suddenly being available, but apparently RCI

does call you when you book direct also. :)

Two good times to look for prime cabins are about 30 days after bookings open up and right around final payment. Alert travel agents often grab them for group bookings, only to give them up when they can't sell them. And every now and then somebody has to cancel but holds on to the cabin until final. We had that happen on Jewel in 2007 - got 1100 for our Baltics cruise.

• 11 months later...

We had originally booked a family Ocean View for Serenade next Oct Venice ! on the day booking opened.....about a month later 1600 became available so we grabbed it !

Never had a balcony before ...never mind an Aft one ...so really excited !

Problem is I never seem to read too many reviews about 1600 it is always 1100 !!

Have I boobed in booking 1600 ?.....

Sandra

Archived