Back to Back

TJM001

We are considering a 14 day back to back cruise on the Grand leaving from Fort Lauderdale. We will have the same cabin for both parts of the cruise. Can anyone what the procedure is when arriving in FLL after the first leg of the cruise? Do we have to disembark in FLL? What else can you tell us about the process.

Hi There

Everyone one has to leave the ship,

you have options, go on a day tour,

or wait on board and all b2b will be taken off in a group through passport

control and back onto the ship, then you are free to do your own thing.

you get off with your old cruise card and use your new one to board

which is sent to your cabin the night before.

yours shogun

Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to know. One more thing. Can you leave your luggage on board when you get off for passport control?

You leave everything in your cabin....no need to pack up. It is all very simple and well explained in advance.

Hi There

Everyone one has to leave the ship,

you have options, go on a day tour,

or wait on board and all b2b will be taken off in a group through passport

control and back onto the ship, then you are free to do your own thing.

you get off with your old cruise card and use your new one to board

which is sent to your cabin the night before.

yours shogun

Unless the previous port was St Thomas or St Croix.

My DW and I are doing a one day following a 7 day Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. Should we do something to inform them that we are on both or will they know anyway?

They should know. I would make sure the cabin steward is aware of it. You don't want your stuff thrown out.

My DW and I are doing a one day following a 7 day Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. Should we do something to inform them that we are on both or will they know anyway?

I always verify that the Purser's desk does have that information in their records.

If they do not know:

o You will not get the cruise card for the second segment

o Your charges will be closed out at the end of the first segment and not carried over to the 2nd segment.

o If you are in traditional dining, you may not get the same table and waitstaff assignment for the 2nd segment.

We were on two B2B caribbean Cruises last year-we had our first week charges carried over to the second week and our credit card was charged at the end of the :otwo week cruise.

You can request same seating in Traditional dining if you let the Matre D know in advance-he will try to accommodate-no guarantees

Yes you will recieve a new cruise card second week.

We were on two B2B caribbean Cruises last year-we had our first week charges carried over to the second week and our credit card was charged at the end of the :otwo week cruise.

You can request same seating in Traditional dining if you let the Matre D know in advance-he will try to accommodate-no guarantees

Yes you will recieve a new cruise card second week.

On our b2b's, the maitre 'd has always come by towards the end of the first leg and asked if we wanted the same table for the next leg.

On our b2b's, the maitre 'd has always come by towards the end of the first leg and asked if we wanted the same table for the next leg.

That has been my experience on Princess as well.

From my viewpoint, Princess has always strived to make the B2B transition as smooth as possible. Royal Caribbean on the other hand, not so much. One more reason we prefer Princess! ;)

Archived