Should I bring tennis shoes?

kmflutist

We are going to Nassau & Freeport -- will not be doing a lot of walking. We're just catching a cab at the port in Nassau to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal to the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim and aren't planning to leave the ship in Freeport. We're also not doing the Behind the Fun tour (for which I hear you have to wear comfy closed-toe shoes).

Anyone know of any other reason I would need to bring tennis shoes? Trying to avoid it if I really don't need them. :)

ME, either...never brought tennis shoes....I can walk just find in flip-flops/sandals! Now, if I was planning some strenuous hike on uneven ground, I'd bring something sturdier, but that's never my plan!!!

If you wish to use the gym, you should have appropriate footwear for that.....something else I don't plan to do!

In the south I only take my running shoes if I really think I'm going to have time to use the gym, any walking in ports or around the track I do in my walking sandals or my water shoes. I am planning on taking a pair on our upcoming Alaska cruise for cooler weather/rain.

Thanks! I won't bother taking them -- one less thing to pack!

Sadly, there's no zip line in the Bahamas (think it's too flat) because that's something I've always wanted to do. Maybe next time. ;)

I think I brought sneakers once and that was on my 1st Alaskan Cruise.

Never bring them when I sail to the Caribbean. And to be honest, the next

2 Alaskan cruises I went on I did not bring them with me. I do know

gals that workout regularly so their tennis/sneakers go with them wherever they go.....different strokes for different folks:)

I always wear them on board and pack my sandals to save on space. I like to use the gym and run so tennis shoes are a must for me.

I always bring them too. I wear them on the plane and use them in the gym or for walking on the track.

If you want something lightweight, closed-toe, and good for walking -- but you're not a tennis shoe person --- check out the Lands End Trekker Mary Janes. (I might have that name a little wrong.) My daughter and I both have a pair, and they are wonderful. They're so light they feel like nothing, yet they provide some protection for your feet. They're great with shorts, but they're also cute enough for a very casual tee-shirt type dress.

Mine had heavy use last summer and are still in perfect condition; my daughter's had hers two years and she's rougher on them -- she needs a new pair.

Obviously, these aren't for runners; they don't provide enough support for that. And I don't think I'd take them on a zipline excursion, but they're perfect for a typical heavy-on-the-walking excursion.

I've been known to over pack :rolleyes: and for sure did not need to bring the few pairs of sandals and flippies I brought last year. I ended up doing most of my walking in a pair of inexpensive, slightly heeled (but closer to flats), & casual sandals. Sort of like these...

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/libby+edelman+wonder+sandal?prodId=212787&category=dsw12cat550002

Same style, but solid black and lower heel.

I just bought the cutest, comfiest shoes from Zappos!

http://www.zappos.com/propet-travel-walker-navy-mesh

They have the feel of a very lightweight tennis shoe, but don't look like you should be running in it! I plan on wearing them to tour. They are low profile and slim, not big and clunky like a runner.

Oh, the best thing is they come in 10 colors!!!! Awesome!

Archived