Where to check how full a ship is?

dmart82

Where would I find out how full the Carnival Dream ship is for April 9,2011 trip.:o

Not available info. If entire Categories start showing as Soldout, that's a clue; if you go thru and check individual sub-categories (4A, 4B, 4C) and a lot are showing less than 10 cabins available, then that's a clue. As departure date nears, Carnival will offer better and better deals to fill the remaining cabins. ken

I was curious about this, too, so last night I went thru the booking process and just counted available cabins... I just kept clicking back through the edit and went through aft mid and forward and all the categories.. time consuming and I am on the Fantasy, much smaller than Dream..(Incidentally there were still about 80 cabins showing as avail for next months sailing, but I was wondering if they still have cabins that might not "show" as avail, as other travel sites may have blocks of them unviewable on Carnival's site..if anyone knows this I'd love to know) I'd imagine doing a small "sampling" might give you an idea of how many cabins are available on your sailing?

I was curious about this, too, so last night I went thru the booking process and just counted available cabins... I just kept clicking back through the edit and went through aft mid and forward and all the categories.. time consuming and I am on the Fantasy, much smaller than Dream..(Incidentally there were still about 80 cabins showing as avail for next months sailing, but I was wondering if they still have cabins that might not "show" as avail, as other travel sites may have blocks of them unviewable on Carnival's site..if anyone knows this I'd love to know) I'd imagine doing a small "sampling" might give you an idea of how many cabins are available on your sailing?

If there are less than 10 cabins showing for any sub-category, then you're probably getting a decnet count. If 10 cabins are showing, that's the max number Carnival displays for any sub-category, so you don't know if it's 10, 20 or 50 cabins for that sub-category. ken

Ah! Good to know, thanks Ken :) My curiosity comes from wondering what my chances might be for an upsell call.. I am going on my 5th cruise and since I have never looked at OV rooms, either because I had a balcony or could only afford an inside, they really were never a consideration but now that I have seen that they are (at least on Fantasy) as big as what a balcony room would be... well .. keeping my fingers crossed..something new I learned from this cruise

By the time the ship sails it will be full. They will sell the cabins locally real cheap to fill the cabins and make money on you when you are onboard.

Oh, yes, I know they will sail full, but often they will try to upsell people already onboard and then resell "my" cabin, at a higher rate than I paid for. I paid a pack and go rate (329, rate is back to 399 now) I doubt it will go lower than that to anyone..local or not...I had one successful upsell call before, going from an inside to a balcony for only an extra 200 total for a 7 day...either way I am happy with what I paid :) but ever optimistic!

I'm selling on the Dream on 3/19 and I was curious what was left too. I used Carnival's website to see what was left....10 rooms (not including suites). I couldn't believe it was almost sold out. :eek:

I'm selling on the Dream on 3/19 and I was curious what was left too. I used Carnival's website to see what was left....10 rooms (not including suites). I couldn't believe it was almost sold out. :eek:

I am surprised it isn't sold out but will probably be by the end of the week.

I called my PVP and asked how full the ship was. He told me 60% (or whatever it was at that time) and I let him know I'd be interested in hearing from the "upsell fairy". Once he stopped laughing at my name for the promotions department he said he's pass my my name and number along. Got the call next day and went from and OV to an Ocean Suite for $200. So my advice is to just call them, if they know you have money you're willing to spend and they have space, you'll get the call.

Archived