What is NCLs policy on price matching?

I have a cruise booked, paid in full that leaves in 5 weeks. I paid X dollars for an inside gty and have been assigned a cabin. Now there is a price drop to the EXACT same X dollar amount I paid to get an OV gty but NCL is saying they won't upgrade me to this category.

In all my 35 cruises I have never run into this on any cruiseline but am not familiar with NCLs policy on this matter. I am not asking for OBC as I know OBC for price drops after final payment date is not possible.

My question is why won't they upgrade my cabin category? My TA was on the phone will several supervisors, customer service and the revenue dept. for 20 minutes but they would not budge. He advised me to call him back in the morning and he would try again with the morning crew of NCL folks as he said he has never run into this either.

You're out of luck. After final payment, NCL will not automatically upgrade you because of a fare decrease. The price cuts are often made in last-minute offers to new bookings only in order to fill the ship. There are occasional reports from some CCers that it does happen, but it seems to be luck of the draw. Honestly, after final payment, you should just stop checking prices. You were happy with the price at which you booked, yes? Just go on the cruise and have a great time. Getting upset over a price cut right before the cruise just puts you in a bad mood, predisposed to have a bad time.

I have a cruise booked, paid in full that leaves in 5 weeks. I paid X dollars for an inside gty and have been assigned a cabin. Now there is a price drop to the EXACT same X dollar amount I paid to get an OV gty but NCL is saying they won't upgrade me to this category.

In all my 35 cruises I have never run into this on any cruiseline but am not familiar with NCLs policy on this matter. I am not asking for OBC as I know OBC for price drops after final payment date is not possible.

My question is why won't they upgrade my cabin category? My TA was on the phone will several supervisors, customer service and the revenue dept. for 20 minutes but they would not budge. He advised me to call him back in the morning and he would try again with the morning crew of NCL folks as he said he has never run into this either.

Don't worry, I'm not going to give you advice on how to live your life :rolleyes:

I've never been in a position to try this. But I have read time again here of it happening often enough that some seem to feel it's normal to get the upgrade if the prices match. But upgrading guarantee to guarantee might get sticky (?)

I think your agent has the right idea calling back during another shift. Modern business runs on skeleton crews with insufficient training.

Good luck, and let us know how it plays out.

You're out of luck. After final payment, NCL will not automatically upgrade you because of a fare decrease. The price cuts are often made in last-minute offers to new bookings only in order to fill the ship. There are occasional reports from some CCers that it does happen, but it seems to be luck of the draw. Honestly, after final payment, you should just stop checking prices. You were happy with the price at which you booked, yes? Just go on the cruise and have a great time. Getting upset over a price cut right before the cruise just puts you in a bad mood, predisposed to have a bad time.

I am not upset at all but never had an issue doing this on either RCL or CCL. It just seems funny if I spend any extra amount I can pay to upgrade to anything I want for as low as low as $25 per person for this cruise but not get a free price matching upgrade. We will see how it turns out tomorrow in any event we will enjoy our cruise across the pond.

Pretty basic business stuff.

You and NCL made an agreement. You agreed on a price.

Once you reach the FINAL PAYMENT stage, the deal is done. Final.

Now, as a business, they have some cabins left and trying to sell them at a discount to fill the ship. They are not looking to reduce the price to people that are already contracted.

Here is your choice in the future. You can always wait until a few weeks before the cruise and hope you get a better price. But, you might get a HIGHER price. Or the ship could be sold out. Your choice.

By the way, other cruiselines are doing this.

Now, as a business, they have some cabins left and trying to sell them at a discount to fill the ship. They are not looking to reduce the price to people that are already contracted.

Here is your choice in the future. You can always wait until a few weeks before the cruise and hope you get a better price. But, you might get a HIGHER price. Or the ship could be sold out. Your choice.

Not true CCL and RCL will let you upgrade to a higher cabin category either by paying for the extra $ or if the price of the upgraded cabin is the same as what you paid originally they both will let you have the upgraded cabin.

I just did this on both RCL and CCL last month on a B2B2B cruise on the CCL Imagination and RCL Majesty of the seas with no hassle whatsoever.

UPDATE: While the night shift would not give the upgrade from Ind. to OV even though the price was same my TA said he would call the next morning and talk to the day shift as they should be better versed on policies. Well guess what with 2 minutes they said no problem we do it all the time and I now have my OV cabin. They even went on to say maybe the balcony prices will drop and call us back if they do.

So no, NCL along with X, RCL and CCL still do it as I stated one just needs to speak to someone at the cruiselines who knows the policies. Ask 3 different people at the cruislines the same question and more often than not one will get 3 different answers.

Bottom line final payment date has NO bearing on my situation or paying to upgrade if one desires to an even higher category so the situation is far from final.

Good for you. May want to hang onto that TA.

good advise and yes, if you get an answer that doesn't always seem right in the evening or weekends, it often pays to try again during normal working hours. Usually those agents are more experienced. I am not saying agents who work night and weekends do not know what they are doing, I am just saying it pays to try again.

Nita

Archived