Royal Caribbean -New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

Elizanessie

DH will be buying the Beer/Wine package. He is a steady drinker, some days he could drink a little more than others. If he goes missing, I know where he will be............in bed fast asleep. I've no problem him drinking a 'few too many', he's a 'happy drunk', (very shy normally), quite funny, if, he can stay awake long enough. :D Me, Cognac and coke go down very well, or, cocktails but, I know when I have 'had enough'. It will be interesting to see just how many 'drunks' are on our next cruise. ;)

I found the best deal for me was the large Foster "oil cans" they are 25 ounces so the equivalent of 2 the standard 12 ounce bottles. $7.50, so if you are drinking 3 of them it's like 6 beers.

Also the US brewed Fosters is 5.5 percent alcohol, while the UK Fosters are only 4 percent. Don't know why the UK has less alcohol content.

Ann ... your post made me laugh ... :) it would be great if everyone was a Happy Drunk instead of those that become aggresive, it would be much more fun.

M & A ... Interesting point regarding the Fosters!

I wish they would just come back with the "Drink Cards" because my only issue is signing all those little papers and having so many receipts all the time. I'd love to be able to buy say 10 or 12 drinks (can't remember how many were on each card) at a time on one card and only have to sign once. When the card is used up, you just buy another one. Please RCCL, that was such a nice process, I don't know why you stopped doing it!

The prices of the Alcohol Beverage Packages have now gone up by $10 per day. They will be available again on the Indy from the 16th April sailing.

All guests in the stateroom have to purchase the package.

Photo ID will be required when ordering a drink.

The package will not be available on the 3 or 4 night short sailings - 27th April or 30th April.

We for sure won't be taking this package. Whilst I enjoy a glass of wine and a drink my husband is a non drinker.

Surely if all guests in stateroom have to purchase the package this is rather unfair to couples like ourselves.

So it will be soda package for my husband and I will purchase drinks as and when.

Barbara

The prices of the Alcohol Beverage Packages have now gone up by $10 per day. They will be available again on the Indy from the 16th April sailing.

The package will not be available on the 3 or 4 night short sailings - 27th April or 30th April.

We for sure won't be taking this package. Whilst I enjoy a glass of wine and a drink my husband is a non drinker.

Surely if all guests in stateroom have to purchase the package this is rather unfair to couples like ourselves.

So it will be soda package for my husband and I will purchase drinks as and when.

Barbara

Same goes for us also. :mad:

If it becomes available on all their ships we won't be purchasing it either! #1, the 2 of us don't drink that much and #2, seems like it's going to be more of a hassle having to carry a picture ID along with you for each drink you get. I still wish they'd come back with the drink cards!!! That made it so simple not having to sign and get a receipt for every drink you bought!

As I see it you have to buy the individual package because 1 person was buying for the whole cabin. They must have lost a fortune. If prices were lower more people would drink more, is it better to sell a lot for less $, or less at more $

My 19 year old Granddaughter who is sharing our Cabin on the Grandeur in July is a tea totaller and will not on any account drink alcohol. Will the fact that she is under 21 exclude her from having to purchase the drinks package if my hubby and I buy it for us.

• 1 month later...

I really hope RCI will put this program to all their ships.

We did the beverage package on our transatlantic on Celebrity Eclipse this spring, and it really payd off. We have of course one package each, hubby and I.

2 coffees in the morning (hubbys job to get me coffee on the bed)

a couple of glasses of wine around lunch

a bottle of water when sitting out in the sun

an umbrella drink after the bottle of water out in the sun

another bottle of water (because it is good for you)

a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner

a couple of glasses of wine for dinner

a drink after dinner

a drink after/during show

a glass of wine at the roulett table

a nightcap before bed....

a bottle of water to have on the nightstand

We do not drink more because of the package, but we are on vacation! No driving, and lots of fun. We even got some really nice wines by the glass in the speciality restaurants for the price covered in the package, so for us, really really good.

My 19 year old Granddaughter who is sharing our Cabin on the Grandeur in July is a tea totaller and will not on any account drink alcohol. Will the fact that she is under 21 exclude her from having to purchase the drinks package if my hubby and I buy it for us.

Taken from fact sheet sent to TAs:

What about families travelling with guests aged 18 - 20 years?

Once a waiver has been signed, these guests are able to purchase a package. The beverage package still must be purchased by all eligible guest’s in a stateroom. We would suggest that if you have a family where there is any 18-20 in the stateroom, that they have the option to take the waiver and the package, or just take the waiver. That way we are not stopping them from having the package and it is the parent's responsibility if they do so, but we are also not saying that they cannot drink at all unless they are unlimited! One other point, on a waiver; the person can order cocktails and spirits.

What about tee total guests?

For guests who do not drink alcohol, guest relations should uphold the policy. It is then up to the guests to decide whether they opt in for all guests or not.

Beware! I recently was on Celebrity Summit and they offered the drink package. They did not have all the wines listed in all the bars. Also, if a drink or glass of wine was more than $12.00 (a few martinis and champagne and finer wines were), they do not apply to the drinks package and you have to pay the full prices. Example - a premium champagne was $13.00 a glass. They charged you the $13.00 and disregarded the drinks package. It gets tricky.

My concern would be cruisers getting too drunk, with the belief that they want to get their moneys worth. Then again, at the price they are charging, perhaps the people that can afford the packages are probably a little better behaved socially.

My concern would be cruisers getting too drunk, with the belief that they want to get their moneys worth. Then again, at the price they are charging, perhaps the people that can afford the packages are probably a little better behaved socially.

Thomsons Topaz was only AI at £400pw including flights and cruise.

We did it twice and no sign of over the top excess IMO, yes plenty happy people but most end up sleeping it off in bed or by the pool.

Now all the UK based budgets(island,sun) are all TUI which offers AI the majors like RCCL(RCI,Celebrity,Azamara) have to compete in the UK with AI packages to attract that market.

Look at Thomsons prices, running(charter most) old ships they get better prices than the mains.

Are the prices shoen in $ or £'s

and what this fosters oil can

It's a larger than usual can, somewhere between 600-700ml can't remember the exact size. I think it's an American thing, as they have them on Princess as well.

If only one out of a couple bought say the $29 package how would they know if you bought yourself a Beer in one bar and wandered off around the ship and bought your partner a Glass of Wine in another bar! assuming you were on your own that is when you purchased them!

What a great idea! I'm gonna try it.;)

Archived