Corona Beach? where is it?

tropics

It isn't H. My wife and I went to Le Saint Bonnet (per your advice), spent 6 hours there, ate like Vikings, drank 12 Dos Equis and it cost us 27 bucks including tip.

DON'T waste your money on Corona Beach excursion!!

Hello Tim,

Where is Le Saint Bonnet located from the Pier. I have heard several great things about this place. Was it a little more secluded than the Coroana Beach place? Appreciate any info.

Thanks Steve

Take the free shuttle from the boat to the Casa de Cultura. Walk a few blocks north to the Gulf, turn right on the malecon(street facing the ocean) and you'll see Restaurant St. Bonnet on the next corner. Great food and relaxing atmosphere! Or, at the malecon, turn left instead and go to Eladio's. Also great!

There is a great tradition in Yucatan known as 'botanas' - free snacks you get with drinks. Order your drinks and the snacks will start coming! Read our article here: http://www.yucatantoday.com/culture/eng-botanas.htm

Hello Tim,

Was it a little more secluded than the Coroana Beach place? Appreciate any info.

Thanks Steve

Corona Beach is on the Malecon (Main St.) right by LSB. If you want privacy you need to walk down the beach or take the tour to Reef Yucatan.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back today from a RCCL Cozumel & Progresso trip- The Corona Beach break is a total rip-off. It's located right next to the pier which is very active with commerical traffic - you can smell the diesel fuel from the passing tractor trailers. The "Beach" is not private and there were lots of complaints about aggressive sales people.

I also had a very bad experience with the Kayak Adventure tour. I did hear some nice things about a Chichen Itza tour.

• 2 weeks later...
So, from everything I've read. we should just walk to Corona Beach for a realxing day. Is that right? I'm looking foward to the 1$ Coronas. Do they also sell Margaritas? How much are they? Can you get a message on the beach there. I've ehard about the great 20 dollar massages.

teachin4cruisemoney, When will you be there?

We will be there at the end of april

Bob

So, from everything I've read. we should just walk to Corona Beach for a realxing day. Is that right? I'm looking foward to the 1$ Coronas. Do they also sell Margaritas? How much are they? Can you get a message on the beach there. I've ehard about the great 20 dollar massages.

I think that the Coronas went to $2 on the beach. There are some stores off of the beaten path that still have them for a buck. There are several eateries on the Malecon that can fix you a margarita, but I don't know the cost. The only mixed drinks that I had were at Reef Yucatan and it was an open bar.;) There were massages and hair braiding on the beach.

Archived