Please reassure me re:Ecstasy/Elation

prattmom

I'm kinda bummed about the move of Ecstasy from NO to Florida... I had finally adjusted to Galveston losing the Ecstasy, but at least I could drive to NO... no way I'm going to PCL... will the Elation be a good replacement?

And how crazy to move the Ecstasy to NO only to move her to PCL... why not just send Elation to Florida....

I'm kinda bummed about the move of Ecstasy from NO to Florida... I had finally adjusted to Galveston losing the Ecstasy, but at least I could drive to NO... no way I'm going to PCL... will the Elation be a good replacement?

And how crazy to move the Ecstasy to NO only to move her to PCL... why not just send Elation to Florida....

Elation did not get the waterworks but probably will during the drydock.

Ecstacy has the balcony additions that I am sure they will not be doing to the Elation.

Elation did not get the waterworks but probably will during the drydock.

Ecstacy has the balcony additions that I am sure they will not be doing to the Elation.

Elation will only get a 2 week drydock. All they'll have time to do is scrape the crud off the hull and squirt some WD 40 on the prop shafts. No balconies.

Elation will only get a 2 week drydock. All they'll have time to do is scrape the crud off the hull and squirt some WD 40 on the prop shafts. No balconies.

Elation had a major facelift when it came to Mobile. We liked the Elation better than the Triumph. We have been on the Elation twice since December. It used to be in San Diego and was my best friend's favorite ship (4 cruises) and my brother was so sad to see it go (2 cruises). BTW, my best friend is waterballerina, she is silver and will tell you what she thinks.

We were in an OV cabin on the Elation, one thing I can't forget was the life jacket box that was in the corner of the cabin by the foot of the bed. Meant that you could not get around the end of the bed without climbing over the box. Most irritating when having to make a run in the middle of the night.

I had been looking forward to the Ecstasy going to NOLA, had a couple of trips planned but I wouldn't waste my time for the Elation. Now the Conquest is another matter.

We were booked on the Ecstasy out of NO on Nov. 5, now it's the Elation.

Phone calls today with Carnival assured us that they ARE NOT adding the balconies to the Elation so we worked up an upgrade to a suite with a balcony.

Worked for everyone and we are still sailing on time.

A few tense moments today but really no big deal.

Very sad to see Mobile lose it's only ship to Port Canaveral. :(

I don't get why Carnival had to replace the Ecstasy with the Elation and send the Ecstasy to Port Canaveral. Seems like it would be easier to just send the Elation to Port Canaveral and keep the Ecstasy in NOLA. That way, even though Mobile would still lose it's ship, NOLA wouldn't lose it's balconies or be affected by the changes.

I don't get why Carnival had to replace the Ecstasy with the Elation and send the Ecstasy to Port Canaveral. Seems like it would be easier to just send the Elation to Port Canaveral and keep the Ecstasy in NOLA. That way, even though Mobile would still lose it's ship, NOLA wouldn't lose it's balconies or be affected by the changes.

Yeah, that's the part I really don't get....

I don't get why Carnival had to replace the Ecstasy with the Elation and send the Ecstasy to Port Canaveral. Seems like it would be easier to just send the Elation to Port Canaveral and keep the Ecstasy in NOLA. .

That would have certainly saved them, and us, a lot of headaches, phone calls and paperwork!

We feel the same. Ecstasy has been a favorite of ours. We thought we'd just go to NO when we want her, as it is just a couple extra hours drive, but sadly, there is no way we will ever be on her again once she gets to Florida. Ironically, we are already booked on her during what has become one of the few weeks she is going out of NO, so it will be our last Hurrah on her.

A lot of people love how pretty Elation is. I dont have pictures, but sunflowers come to mind and a lot of that color. When you first board and go into the buffet you will say how pretty.

I think peacocks.

We would gladly take the Elation back in California.

Ecstasy is leaps and bounds a nicer ship than Elation. Ecstasy is the absolute nicest Fantasy class ship in the fleet. Sending Elation to New Orleans is a slap in the face from Carnival. Elation was good enough for Mobile, just as Holiday was, but in a larger market, it's going to be an eye soar. Alas, I don't book 4 or 5 day cruises anyway, so I'll be sailing on Conquest.

Ecstasy is leaps and bounds a nicer ship than Elation. Ecstasy is the absolute nicest Fantasy class ship in the fleet. Sending Elation to New Orleans is a slap in the face from Carnival. Elation was good enough for Mobile, just as Holiday was, but in a larger market, it's going to be an eye soar. Alas, I don't book 4 or 5 day cruises anyway, so I'll be sailing on Conquest.

That was my fear... oh well. Gives me a chance to try out the Triumph.....

That was my fear... oh well. Gives me a chance to try out the Triumph.....

Fear not as every one of the ships we have been on has had someone think it was terrible and the worst ship ever to set sail.

All of them have been great, different, but great none the less.

The ship is merely the vessel, the cruise is what you make of it.

If it was up to me I would bring back "The Big Red Boat".

Fear not as every one of the ships we have been on has had someone think it was terrible and the worst ship ever to set sail.

Thanks for the perspective :)

• 2 months later...

And since Elation has NONE of the upgrades that MOST Fantasy Class ships have had, AND since Ecstasy has even MORE Upgrades than ANY other Fantasy Class ship, It IS a slap in the face to take Ecstasy away...

Archived