When you join a roll call do you read it from the beginning before you post?

Chrislynn55

When you've booked your cruise, then found your roll call on CC.... do you read the thread from the beginning before you post......or do you post and then go back and check out the earlier posts from your fellow cruisers...or do you just jump in and never read what was discussed in the roll call before you arrived?

I like to read the thread from the start, see who else is on the roll call, and get caught up on all the posts before I join in.

What do you do?

Kathy

For me it depends on how big it is...... if its 50+ pages then I tend to read the first 10 and the last ten. Most people who are posting in forums that big wouldn't remember what was posted 30 pages before hand anyway.

For me it depends on how big it is...... if its 50+ pages then I tend to read the first 10 and the last ten. Most people who are posting in forums that big wouldn't remember what was posted 30 pages before hand anyway.

So true! But, if it is not more than 15-20 pages, I always read the entire thread first.

Like others, depends on how long it is. If it is long, I will post to introduce myself, but then start reading from page one and catch up. I do not post questions or comments until I have read it, to make sure I am not repeating something already stated.

.....I usually book them so far out that either the roll call just started or there are only a couple of posts in there.

If by chance there was a roll call that had many pages, do to my cruising addiction, I would read all the pages.

Although, if I had joined my Miracle 2008 cruise roll call late, I'm not sure I would have had time to do that. We still post to this day. At the time we sailed, we had over 5000 posts.

:D

wasiii

If it's a bunch of pages, I will join and intro myself and then go back and spend some time reading and catching up!!

I love the roll calls - had a great one last year on the Dream and the roll call for our upcoming Legend cruise is starting to grow!!

Best thing is, I still keep in touch with many of the roll call members from the Dream last year!!

The Magic Roll Call for our next cruise is like 150 pages, because it's a CC Group Cruise, not just a regular roll call. So I didn't read the whole thing. Turns out I "know" a few people from the Glory roll call from last week, so I just kind of jumped right in.

Thanks for all the replies....looks like we all want to know something about the roll call before we post. I usually join almost as soon as the roll call starts because we like to book our cruises way ahead of time.....I find that chatting on the roll call really adds to the anticipation.:)

Kathy

I am usually one of the first ones to join but for other times I go back and read the whole thing and even take notes so I can remember things about other people

I do that too! I find it helps me remember who is who, especially in the beginning.

Archived