Booked our 1st one!

tinman47

Must start out with a big thanks to you all...all this information on these threads has really boosted my confidence before putting my foot in the bucket for the first time. We are on Carnival, Port Galveston, Nov 12, for a 5 nighter. After absorbing as much info as I could stand, I booked an early fare, midship inside room. This whole cruise is an exploratory adventure to see if we can really enjoy this type of vacation; and, I am trying to spend less than I would for the cruises that really appeal to me (us). And taking much advice on packing, and what to expect on the ship, and insurance, and motion meds, and Port Galveston, and Carnival Triumph. Will post after-cruise, to helpfully aid others to make better decisions, too. Going to drive down two days early to enjoy Galveston. Is registering on Roll Call a really useful thing to do?

Each Roll Call is different. Some have been a waste of time. But on others, we have made life-long friends. We have learned alot about ports. We have been on some great private tours. So, yes, they are worth joining.

Cruising isn't that much different from any other vacation...that's what it is...a vacation!

Pack what you'd pack for any time in that climate....

If you enjoy meeting others, then, by all means, do the Roll Call. Otherwise, skip it. It will not make or break your vacation! This is not summer camp! It's a time to do what interests YOU!

Congrads on your first cruise booking.:):) If you don't want to join the roll call right off, you can peak and see what others are saying, than decide if you would like to join. Just a warning...for some of us, cruising has become an "addiction".;)

Must start out with a big thanks to you all...all this information on these threads has really boosted my confidence before putting my foot in the bucket for the first time. We are on Carnival, Port Galveston, Nov 12, for a 5 nighter. After absorbing as much info as I could stand, I booked an early fare, midship inside room. This whole cruise is an exploratory adventure to see if we can really enjoy this type of vacation; and, I am trying to spend less than I would for the cruises that really appeal to me (us). And taking much advice on packing, and what to expect on the ship, and insurance, and motion meds, and Port Galveston, and Carnival Triumph. Will post after-cruise, to helpfully aid others to make better decisions, too. Going to drive down two days early to enjoy Galveston. Is registering on Roll Call a really useful thing to do?

We've done several cruises out of Galveston. Remember it's a vacation and enjoy!

I have found Roll Calls a mixed bag, but the ones that have been good have been great. This wouldn't likely be true for a 5 night cruise, but an advantage I've found on a couple of Roll Calls was the ability to arrange private tours when in various ports.

And, as others have said, it's a vacation, so do what you want and mainly enjoy!

Archived