Cozumel resorts

carnival10

Well be on the legend May 15 stopping in cozumel on the 17.Can anyone recomend a resort, with a pool and nice beach? Thank you. carnival10

Welcome to CC... there are many places you can go... you haven't stated whether you want AI or not... I will post the link to the Cozumel boards you will find tons of info there... I personally love Nachi Cocum.. AI...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

If you do not want to spend the money for an all-inclusive check out Paradise Beach. New pool and changing rooms/restrooms, good beach with okay snorkeling, $2 loung chair rental (w/$10 minimum food/drink purchase), good drinks and bar food, and lots of available add ons (beach massage, hair braiding, parasailing, etc.)

Another non-AI choice, closer to town, with better snorkeling but no pool is the Money Bar. Good luck! :)

Mr. Sancho's isn't all inclusive, or it can be. They have lots of add on's, like tequila tasting, cooking classes, horse back riding, parasailing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and an aquatic park.

If you want an all inclusive that is low key Nachi is the place to be.(that wasn't intended to rhyme, haha).

Hope that this info and the above helps you out OP.

We just spent the day at Chankanaab, for $19 per person plus cab fare ( 10 each way).. you can rent snorkel equipment and see some of the most beautiful fish in the world, or sit on the beach and enjoy $5 margaritas, walk the botanical gardens, see a sea lion show, or maybe even purchase a dolphin 'experience'.

We loved it!! Not crowded, plenty of 'palapa' service to be had if you want it, showers, restrooms, locker rental if you want....

We are going in a few weeks. This is what we have our choices narrowed down to??

El Cid which is a hotel close to port with no taxi necessary. It is AI and is about $40 pp. There is a nice pool and you are on the ocean, but apparently it is only a small man made beach??

Ocean Beach Club resort which offers an AI for $40 pp plus cab fare. The price also includes a nice beach, pool, snorkelling, kayaks, a few water toys etc. Newer and not as popular yet.

Paradise Beach which is not AI and the menus/prices are available on line. A charge to rent chairs, water toys, equipment, etc. which are reasonable prices. I believe each person is suppose to spend a minimum $10 pp on food/drink. Plus cab fare.

We are going with the kids so are leaning towards an AI, and maybe save paradise for a time we have them. Just can't decide?? We have done Playa Mia in the past and it was crowded.

We went to Nachi Cocum in February and it was great! The food was delicious, the beach was gorgeous, the pool was perfect (with swim up bar!) and they had all different beer, mixed drinks, tequila etc etc and was more than worth the money. They only accept so many visitors per day, so it was most definitely not crowded! Definitely would go there again!

I'm trying to decide between Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sanchos...which one (or do either of them) have fun music playing? If we go to Nachi Cocum do we have to make reservations ahead of time? I might just want the freedom to decide the day we dock. Thanks!

I'm trying to decide between Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sanchos...which one (or do either of them) have fun music playing? If we go to Nachi Cocum do we have to make reservations ahead of time? I might just want the freedom to decide the day we dock. Thanks!

Music at Mr. Sancho's not at Nachi. You NEED to reserve Nachi in advance as they only allow 100 people...You CAN reserve Mr. Sancho's but you can just show up and pay for AI. If you reserve Sancho's online you save $5 pp.

Music at Mr. Sancho's not at Nachi. You NEED to reserve Nachi in advance as they only allow 100 people...You CAN reserve Mr. Sancho's but you can just show up and pay for AI. If you reserve Sancho's online you save $5 pp.

Thanks for the info. How many drinks and food orders would it take to make paying AI worth it at Mr. Sanchos? We don't eat a lot but if the drinks and food are expensive it might be worth it...just trying to decide which way to go is the best.

Thanks for the info. How many drinks and food orders would it take to make paying AI worth it at Mr. Sanchos? We don't eat a lot but if the drinks and food are expensive it might be worth it...just trying to decide which way to go is the best.

The drinks and food prices at Sancho's are comparable to Applebees or Chili's here. Since my husband and I drink a lot we know the AI is the way to go. We probably will get our moneys worth in alcohol alone. It depends on how much you plan to drink. You can do a google search and find photo's of Sancho's Menu with the prices listed, they are in peso's I think.

You must book Nachi ahead of time and they only take the first 100 guests per day.

I have booked many many times with Island Marketing Ltd. and they are very reputable.

The food is delicious and the service unbelievable. Ask for Carlos or Manual.

We have also been to Mr. Sanchos (which is located right up the beach from Nachi) and we prefer Nachi. Mr. Sanchos has more activities for kiddos - the trampoline in the water, etc.

Nachi offers at extra expense - snorkeling, etc. I think you would be pleased with either.

Compare it this way:

Nachi Cocum - very adult; but still a nice party (Palm Springs)

Mr. Sanchos - frat party (Las Vegas)

You must book Nachi ahead of time and they only take the first 100 guests per day.

I have booked many many times with Island Marketing Ltd. and they are very reputable.

The food is delicious and the service unbelievable. Ask for Carlos or Manual.

We have also been to Mr. Sanchos (which is located right up the beach from Nachi) and we prefer Nachi. Mr. Sanchos has more activities for kiddos - the trampoline in the water, etc.

Nachi offers at extra expense - snorkeling, etc. I think you would be pleased with either.

Compare it this way:

Nachi Cocum - very adult; but still a nice party (Palm Springs)

Mr. Sanchos - frat party (Las Vegas)

We like having music so it might come down to that. I like your comparisons - helps me to get an idea! Thanks.

We are going in a few weeks. This is what we have our choices narrowed down to??

El Cid which is a hotel close to port with no taxi necessary. It is AI and is about $40 pp. There is a nice pool and you are on the ocean, but apparently it is only a small man made beach??

Ocean Beach Club resort which offers an AI for $40 pp plus cab fare. The price also includes a nice beach, pool, snorkelling, kayaks, a few water toys etc. Newer and not as popular yet.

Paradise Beach which is not AI and the menus/prices are available on line. A charge to rent chairs, water toys, equipment, etc. which are reasonable prices. I believe each person is suppose to spend a minimum $10 pp on food/drink. Plus cab fare.

We are going with the kids so are leaning towards an AI, and maybe save paradise for a time we have them. Just can't decide?? We have done Playa Mia in the past and it was crowded.

El Cid is very close to the pier...and the man made beach may or may not have access to the water..I know the one near Pancho's backyard has no access.. and if you CAN get to the water, you are swimming very close to where all the boats come in..not sure if I want to mix boat engine smell/oil with my sunscreen if I can avoid it!!

MomnMeCruise0311008.jpg

I took this from the Inspiration.. that's the ElCid you're looking at.

MomnMeCruise0311023.jpg

Nachi!!!! A little slice of heaven on earth :)! FYI-- We took our kids there, too-- they were 5 and 3 at the time, so they were too little for all the water toys at Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach. It was GREAT with small kids b/c it was not crowded-- we could sit uder out palapas and watch the kids play in the sand a few feet in front of us without worrying about crowds (sorry to whoever's behind that is in the background of the pic!).

100_6467.jpg

VERY nice with young kids. Once the kids get a little older, I'm sure we'll have to go somewhere with all the water toys. --Katie

"Chankanaab, for $19 per person plus cab fare ( 10 each way).. you can rent snorkel equipment and see some of the most beautiful fish in the world, or sit on the beach and enjoy $5 margaritas"

So, does Chankanaab sell drinks and food?

"Chankanaab, for $19 per person plus cab fare ( 10 each way).. you can rent snorkel equipment and see some of the most beautiful fish in the world, or sit on the beach and enjoy $5 margaritas"

So, does Chankanaab sell drinks and food?

Yes. You have the option of eating in one of the restaurants, or they are constantly walking the beach with drink/meal menus in their hands. Its cash only however... I asked. Not sure if it is the same if you actually eat IN the restaurants, tho.

For what its' worth, If my teen daughters had been with me, they'd have LOVED snorkeling here..I never would have been able to get them out of the water....

We are on the same cruise as the OP and are going to Nachi. :D

Nachi was our first experience with Cozumel... we absolutely loved the food, the location, the drinks, the service!!! It's a great place to just chill!!!

We're going back in 2012... My first roll call had a blast there, and a bunch of us will be cruising again for my 25th wedding anniversary, with Cozumel and Nachi on the itinerary!

Archived