Need tips and suggestions for Copenhagen

I'm hoping someone out there can help us with some of the details of our stay in Copenhagen

• We are booked on NCL’s Sun for a Baltic Sea cruise out of Copenhagen on July 1.Our flight arrives in Copenhagen at 1115 on Wednesday, June 29. Since we arranged the flight on our own and did not use the flight that was part of the tour/cruise package, the tour has said they will not transport us from the airport to the hotel.

-The travel agency will advise us at a later date, closer to the cruise date, as to which hotel we will be staying in on the night of June 29 and 30.

-What is the best and least expensive way to get from the airport to our hotel, probably in downtown Copenhagen?

-Which modes of transportation accept the VISA card?

• Our pre-cruise activities, arranged by the travel agency, include dinner the evening of June 29, a pre-cruise breakfast on June 30, a guided tour in the morning on June 30, breakfast on July 1, and then transfer to the ship for the cruise.

-It looks like we will be on our own for the afternoon and evening of June 30. What sights can we realistically see in that time? We are thinking of going to Tivoli Gardens and having dinner there.

-What is the best way to get around the city as we see some things in the afternoon, go to Tivoli, and then return to the hotel?

-We aren’t big on buying souvenirs, but we’ll probably need money for admissions and dinner. Any idea how much? Do most places accept our VISA card?

• Our cruise ship returns to Copenhagen early in the morning on Sunday, July 10. We have booked a tour of Norway’s fjords that begins from Oslo on July 12, so we are planning to take the overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. The ferry leaves at 1700 on July 10, so we will have a good part of the day to see more of Copenhagen.

-Where does the cruise ship dock and where does the ferry leave from? Same place? (Would be nice, but probably not)

-What can we do with our luggage during this day, from the time we disembark from the cruise ship to the time we board the ferry?

-What is the best way to get to the point at which we catch the Oslo overnight ferry?

Many thanks for any help out there.

The cheapest way would be to take the train or the metro, both will cost you 36 DKK for each person and with the Copenhagen Card its free.

All ticket machines accept Visa but remember to purchase the ticket before boarding the train/metro.

The metro will get you to the downtown area around Nyhavn, Kongens Nytorv and the eastern part of Strøget pedestrian street.

The train will get you to København H (central station) in this area you will find Tivoli, Rådhuspladsen (Town Hall Square) and the western part of Strøget.

I would take the canal tour from Nyhavn in the afternoon and then walk along Strøget until you reach Tivoli on the other side.

The price for entrance to Tivoli is 75 DKK (one day later and the price would have been 95)

The cruise and ferry terminals are located 20 minutes apart.

http://map.krak.dk/m/ISgN9

To kill the time you could take to the central station either by train or taxi and use the luggage storage.

The central statiion is very good located for walkings tour in downtown Copenhagen.

On the way back you can use bus number 26 to DFDS terminalen, not langelinie pier even though it is in the same direction but the bus splits up in 2 routes after Østerport station.

Or you can take a train to Østerport and take bus 26 or 20E to the terminal.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Østerport.pdf

I'm hoping someone out there can help us with some of the details of our stay in Copenhagen

• We are booked on NCL’s Sun for a Baltic Sea cruise out of Copenhagen on July 1.Our flight arrives in Copenhagen at 1115 on Wednesday, June 29. Since we arranged the flight on our own and did not use the flight that was part of the tour/cruise package, the tour has said they will not transport us from the airport to the hotel.

-The travel agency will advise us at a later date, closer to the cruise date, as to which hotel we will be staying in on the night of June 29 and 30.

-What is the best and least expensive way to get from the airport to our hotel, probably in downtown Copenhagen?

-Which modes of transportation accept the VISA card?

• Our pre-cruise activities, arranged by the travel agency, include dinner the evening of June 29, a pre-cruise breakfast on June 30, a guided tour in the morning on June 30, breakfast on July 1, and then transfer to the ship for the cruise.

-It looks like we will be on our own for the afternoon and evening of June 30. What sights can we realistically see in that time? We are thinking of going to Tivoli Gardens and having dinner there.

-What is the best way to get around the city as we see some things in the afternoon, go to Tivoli, and then return to the hotel?

-We aren’t big on buying souvenirs, but we’ll probably need money for admissions and dinner. Any idea how much? Do most places accept our VISA card?

• Our cruise ship returns to Copenhagen early in the morning on Sunday, July 10. We have booked a tour of Norway’s fjords that begins from Oslo on July 12, so we are planning to take the overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. The ferry leaves at 1700 on July 10, so we will have a good part of the day to see more of Copenhagen.

-Where does the cruise ship dock and where does the ferry leave from? Same place? (Would be nice, but probably not)

-What can we do with our luggage during this day, from the time we disembark from the cruise ship to the time we board the ferry?

-What is the best way to get to the point at which we catch the Oslo overnight ferry?

Many thanks for any help out there.

Hello

DV's expert advice is surely the way to go, especially the bit about the canal tour. It looks like this

and is the ideal way of seeing a few things and getting a few ideas for your return to Copenhagen on July 10. Also, since you will have presumably had a long overnight flight you won't want to be pounding about on foot much on June 29 :)

All the best, Tony

I definitely agree with Danish Viking and Tony's great advice.

We were only in Copenhagen for one day but it is a very easy city to walk around in. Most sites are located on a sort of central locale, but you will be tired from your trip so the walking part is up to you.

You said you are scheduled for a city sightseeing tour. From that, see what you might like to revisit and try that out for size in the time you have in Copenhagen.

If it were me, I would definitely do the Canal boat tour from Nyhavn. It is only an hour, but do try and spend some time in this area, it is most attractive. From there, as DV said, walk along the Stroget, grab something to eat, or just enjoy the the atmosphere, on your way to City Hall square where Tivoli Gardens is located. If I were to do Tivoli, you should do it after dark, as most say that is when it is the most attractive.

Here are a few of my pix of Copenhagen and some of her main sites

If you have a chance, try and visit Copenhagen's main site, the Little Mermaid./ She is about a 10 minute walk from Langeline Pier

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe212.jpg

The Nyhavn section of Copenhagen is a few blocks of wonderful buildings and jsut great atmosphere

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster248.jpg

Do go on the Canal boat Tour, for a completely different perspective of copenhagen

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster284.jpg

The Stroget is a 5-6 block pedestrian mall that should not be missed

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster303.jpg

The Town Hall of Copenhagen, which you can tour, if so desired

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe326.jpg

Then there is Rosenborg Castle where you can wander the rose gardens or tour the Castle and view the Swedish Crown Jewels

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe332.jpg

You will love Copenhagen, everyone does

Cheers

Len

• 3 weeks later...
The cheapest way would be to take the train or the metro, both will cost you 36 DKK for each person and with the Copenhagen Card its free.

All ticket machines accept Visa but remember to purchase the ticket before boarding the train/metro.

The metro will get you to the downtown area around Nyhavn, Kongens Nytorv and the eastern part of Strøget pedestrian street.

The train will get you to København H (central station) in this area you will find Tivoli, Rådhuspladsen (Town Hall Square) and the western part of Strøget.

I would take the canal tour from Nyhavn in the afternoon and then walk along Strøget until you reach Tivoli on the other side.

The price for entrance to Tivoli is 75 DKK (one day later and the price would have been 95)

The cruise and ferry terminals are located 20 minutes apart.

http://map.krak.dk/m/ISgN9

To kill the time you could take to the central station either by train or taxi and use the luggage storage.

The central statiion is very good located for walkings tour in downtown Copenhagen.

On the way back you can use bus number 26 to DFDS terminalen, not langelinie pier even though it is in the same direction but the bus splits up in 2 routes after Østerport station.

Or you can take a train to Østerport and take bus 26 or 20E to the terminal.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Østerport.pdf

Thanks for all the good info, Danish Viking.

My apologies for not replying sooner, but I'm just now back in the research mode for Copenhagen. With your suggestions and your map site, and a good map that I ordered via email, I'm learning a lot about Copenhagen. May I ask a few more questions? I'm showing my ignorance, but your good reply generated some more questions.

1. The Copenhagen Card. What is the cost and for what period of time? Where can we purchase this card?

2. Where does the Canal Tour begin? Can the tour be paid for by VISA?

3. You said that the cruise port and the ferry are 20 minutes apart. Is this by walking, or can it be walked easily?

3. When we return from the cruise on July 10 and have a few hours to explore before catching the Oslo ferry, will we need another Copenhagen Card?

4. Regarding the luggage storage at the central station, is this the train station? What is the capacity and cost of the luggage storage?

5. Finally, you talk about taking Bus 26 to DFDS terminalen. What is DFDS? Is this the point at which the Oslo ferry leaves?

Thank you!!!

Jerry (ColoTrvlr)

I definitely agree with Danish Viking and Tony's great advice.

We were only in Copenhagen for one day but it is a very easy city to walk around in. Most sites are located on a sort of central locale, but you will be tired from your trip so the walking part is up to you.

You said you are scheduled for a city sightseeing tour. From that, see what you might like to revisit and try that out for size in the time you have in Copenhagen.

If it were me, I would definitely do the Canal boat tour from Nyhavn. It is only an hour, but do try and spend some time in this area, it is most attractive. From there, as DV said, walk along the Stroget, grab something to eat, or just enjoy the the atmosphere, on your way to City Hall square where Tivoli Gardens is located. If I were to do Tivoli, you should do it after dark, as most say that is when it is the most attractive.

Here are a few of my pix of Copenhagen and some of her main sites

If you have a chance, try and visit Copenhagen's main site, the Little Mermaid./ She is about a 10 minute walk from Langeline Pier

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe212.jpg

The Nyhavn section of Copenhagen is a few blocks of wonderful buildings and jsut great atmosphere

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster248.jpg

Do go on the Canal boat Tour, for a completely different perspective of copenhagen

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster284.jpg

The Stroget is a 5-6 block pedestrian mall that should not be missed

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster303.jpg

The Town Hall of Copenhagen, which you can tour, if so desired

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe326.jpg

Then there is Rosenborg Castle where you can wander the rose gardens or tour the Castle and view the Swedish Crown Jewels

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe332.jpg

You will love Copenhagen, everyone does

Cheers

Len

Len (Giantfan13?)

I've been away from the task of planning for Copenhagen for a couple of weeks, but thank you very much for the pictures and suggestions. We'll definitely take the canal tour, since a number of people have suggested that. I've learned a lot by finding the places you suggested on the map of Copenhagen.

I had trouble finding Nyhavn, but I think I finally did. Is it a street, on the east side of the city, that ends at the canal? Is this where the canal tour starts?

Thanks again,

Jerry (ColoTrvlr)

Hello

DV's expert advice is surely the way to go, especially the bit about the canal tour. It looks like this

and is the ideal way of seeing a few things and getting a few ideas for your return to Copenhagen on July 10. Also, since you will have presumably had a long overnight flight you won't want to be pounding about on foot much on June 29 :)

All the best, Tony

Tony (Cornishpastyman1?),

Thanks for replying to my query regarding Copenhagen, and the youtube web site, very helpful.

Jerry (ColoTrvlr)

We are two 55+ ladies from Western Canada and have just booked the Norwegian Sun sailing on Sept 2

We are already aware that we will need to fly in to CPH a day early and depending on what return air we can find, maybe even stay a night post. Copenhagen has always been on my "bucket list" to see, I had a very good friend in Elementary School who was from Denmark and her traditions and her parents stories of home were always wonderful

I have so many questions, please feel free to tell me to take a leap, and will try and keep them to a minimum .... at a time! :D

Two laides with luggage ... how do we get from the airport to our hotel. The plan is to find a hotel in the Tivoli or Nyhavn area. Do hotels provide airport pickup service?

Getting from hotel to pier - according to the port website we are at Quay C254? Do we taxi and what would that cost

I will set up my debit card and credit card to allow International transactions so getting funds at an ATM when found will be easier. I also plan on getting USD, Euro and possibly DKK if it is recommended. Will I need DKK immiately at the airport for transport??

I think that's it for now - I promise not to abuse you, truly!

Thanks in advance

and Len ... Thank you so much for the pictures. You are adding to my excitement!

Laurey

Danish viking posted this link that shows that as of April 1 the DFDS Canal Boat Tour is included FREE with the Copenhagen Card. This is directly from the DFDS web site tanslated from Danish into English:

Rebates

- Per 1/4-2011 trip is free for holders of "Copenhagen Card" card.

I am very excited to see this as it really makes my decision to go ahead and purchase the Copenhagen Card! We will be in Copenhagen for a part day on May 8 and then for 2 full days and nights May15-17 and I am so looking forward to our visit!

Marguerite:)

We are two 55+ ladies from Western Canada and have just booked the Norwegian Sun sailing on Sept 2. We are already aware that we will need to fly in to CPH a day early and depending on what return air we can find, maybe even stay a night post. Copenhagen has always been on my "bucket list" to see, I had a very good friend in Elementary School who was from Denmark and her traditions and her parents stories of home were always wonderful. I have so many questions, please feel free to tell me to take a leap, and will try and keep them to a minimum .... at a time! Two laides with luggage ... how do we get from the airport to our hotel. The plan is to find a hotel in the Tivoli or Nyhavn area. Do hotels provide airport pickup service? Getting from hotel to pier - according to the port website we are at Quay C254? Do we taxi and what would that cost. I will set up my debit card and credit card to allow International transactions so getting funds at an ATM when found will be easier. I also plan on getting USD, Euro and possibly DKK if it is recommended. Will I need DKK immiately at the airport for transport?? Laurey

Hi, Laurey! Most of the cabs will take credit cards. Those cabs (and most other things) are costly in Copenhagen. With your luggage, I would suggest just taking a cab from the airport to central Copenhagen where you will stay. Your time is valuable and this lessens the waiting and worry about making the right connections. I would suggest getting a hotel near Tivoli and the City Hall. We stayed at The Square Hotel that is so super handy. Then, you can do a cab from your hotel to your cruise docking place.

This city is great for walking. Things are flat and many key areas are near water. See this Copenhagen: Why Walking Back to the Ship Is Super Great!!!!

posting with lots of pictures and added details.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975779

Hopefully, you will get spend at little time at Tivoli in the evening with the lights on, bands playing, charming architecture, etc. See some of my visual samples below.

Let us know your other questions and tell us more about what you would like to see and do in this super charming and wonderful city. It's great and grand!!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 36,680 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Copenhagen's new Opera House across the canal from a charming fountain:

1A-Copenhagen-OperaFountain.jpg

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “New” Harbor is actually old and charming with lots of outdoor dining options and nearby shopping:

Boat.jpg

A guard and statue in front of the current Royal Palace in Copenhagen:

1-CPH-PalaceonWalk.jpg

Copenhagen's historic 1695 Church of Our Saviour is a baroque church with its famous corkscrew spire as seen on the canal tour in the Christanshavns canal area:

CopenSpiralChurch.jpg

Tivoli has a wide variety of entertainment happening each day and evening. Here we enjoyed this super energized “BIG BAND” performance, including the Duke’s famed “Night Train” sounds.:

TivoliBigBand.jpg

Here is one of Tivoli’s most unique buildings “showing off” with its covering of spectacular lighting. Thomas Edison would be proud!

TivoliOrientNight.jpg

Thank you so much TLC - fantastic pictures! With all the sites to see I believe we will make up our minds to spend disembark day in Copenhagan as well.

You say "Expensive" for the cab - any idea how much a cab from the airport to the Tivoli area and a cab from there to the port might be ... won't hold anyone to it! ;)

I think we are going to get the cOPENhagan card. An evening walk sounds wonderful as well. Hope the weather in early Sept is as nice as it looked like in your pictures!

Thanks again

Laurey

have enjoyed reading this thread so far. We are on an Oceania cruise out of Copenhagen June 23rd. We are arriving 3 days ahead to enjoy seeing Copenhagen (I was there 20 years ago for a day). We will be staying at the Marriott. How centrally located is that to everything? I know that is a relatively broad question, but give me some idea as to its location.

We plan on doing the Hop on/Hop Off bus.

I don't see anything on their website that says it's free, only 20% off. I used a translation website to help me translate and still didn't find this offer posted.

Danish viking posted this link that shows that as of April 1 the DFDS Canal Boat Tour is included FREE with the Copenhagen Card. This is directly from the DFDS web site tanslated from Danish into English:

Rebates

- Per 1/4-2011 trip is free for holders of "Copenhagen Card" card.

I am very excited to see this as it really makes my decision to go ahead and purchase the Copenhagen Card! We will be in Copenhagen for a part day on May 8 and then for 2 full days and nights May15-17 and I am so looking forward to our visit!

Marguerite:)

Thank you so much TLC - fantastic pictures! With all the sites to see I believe we will make up our minds to spend disembark day in Copenhagan as well. You say "Expensive" for the cab - any idea how much a cab from the airport to the Tivoli area and a cab from there to the port might be ... won't hold anyone to it! Thanks again. Laurey

As I roughly re-call, it was around $40 some for the airport into the central downtown at The Square Hotel near City Hall and around $25 from the hotel to our ship docking place. With all of our luggage and "stuff" for a 15-day cruise, it was nice to let someone else do the driving and worry. Fortunately, Copenhagen is fairly compact and easy to get around (compared to Paris, London, New York and Chicago).

THANKS for the kind comments on the pictures! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 36,750 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

Len (Giantfan13?)

I've been away from the task of planning for Copenhagen for a couple of weeks, but thank you very much for the pictures and suggestions. We'll definitely take the canal tour, since a number of people have suggested that. I've learned a lot by finding the places you suggested on the map of Copenhagen.

I had trouble finding Nyhavn, but I think I finally did. Is it a street, on the east side of the city, that ends at the canal? Is this where the canal tour starts?

Thanks again,

Jerry (ColoTrvlr)

Jerry

thanks for the nice comments about the pics.

Copenhagen is just a great city, and you will enjoy yourself immensily. As for Nyhavn, just from memory, I don't think it's a street but more a section of the city. (I could be wrong here, maybe one of ther locals can help out a bit more)> If you dock at Langeline, you are a very short walk from the Little Mermaid, and continue walking along the harbor area, maybe 10-15 minutes you will come to Nyhavn. And yes, we used whichever canal tour company at the top of the canal, to do the Canal Boat tour. (Again, not exactly sure of the name, but they were just fine)

Cheers

Len

and Len ... Thank you so much for the pictures. You are adding to my excitement!

Thank you very much Laurey, for the nice comments on the pics. As I jsut said in the last post, Copenhagen is just a marvelous city, with so much to See and do, there just isn't enough time to see it all.

You will have a grand time there.

Here are just a few more pics to keep the excitement going

Sailing into Copenhagen Harbor, you will see all these wind machines in contrast with local sailing vessels. Try not to miss this

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster204-1.jpg

Not far from the pier, as many wonderful statues and monuments,a wash in flowers

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe221.jpg

If you have time, try and get to the Palace to view the Changing of the Guard ceremony.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe233.jpg

Everyone has their pic taken at the Hans Christian Anderson Statue in Town Hall Square

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe318.jpg

View some of the many wonderful churches, situated in picturesque landscapes

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe353.jpg

Cheers

Len

:D Len, you're killing me here ... I have way to many days to wait to see those fantastic places.

Thanks again for the help, I think $40 for a cab ride will be fine ... I have seen suggestions about taking the subway but I'm not great with schlepping my own luggage on a train and since it will be the first day of my vacation and I will have travelled many hours by plane .... $40 will be just fine for the ease and comfort!

We are looking at the Mariott but I'm still surfing and deciding. Interesting how there are so many widely different reviews on the same hotel property! I think some people just see the glass half empty all the time!

Thanks again, your pictures are awesome!

Laurey

I don't see anything on their website that says it's free, only 20% off. I used a translation website to help me translate and still didn't find this offer posted.

From the DFDS Canal Tours website (http://www.canaltours.com/pricelist/copenhagen_card)

"With a cOPENhagen CARD you have:

- Free entry to DFDS Canal Tours (Guides tours only)"

The listing on the Copenhagen Card website so far only covers the period to 30th March 2011!

From the DFDS Canal Tours website (http://www.canaltours.com/pricelist/copenhagen_card)

"With a cOPENhagen CARD you have:

- Free entry to DFDS Canal Tours (Guides tours only)"

The listing on the Copenhagen Card website so far only covers the period to 30th March 2011!

The DFDS included Grand Tour on the CPH card took effect as of April 1 2011. According to another post here, a CCer emailed the DFDS canal boat folks about the now included tours with the Copenhagen card and they replied: "Only the Red or the Yellow lines are included. You get 1 roundtrip on the 24 hr. card, or 3 roundtrips on the 72 hr. card (one pr.day)." WOO HOO!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

If you are up for it, might want to try Khun Kuk Oriental, a Thai place that Michlin has overlooked. A bit on the pricy side, but all resturants are. Check out the web site @ http://www.khunjuk.dk/english/index_english.html

Might want to include Rosenborg in your sightseeing, well worth the admit price, but if you hace the CPH card, I think there is a break. There is a small cafe by the west entrance, if you can get a table, it is worth it.

Don't forget Christenhaven, but be wary of your pocketbook, and if you have kids, may not be a great place to go.

Really, you need several days to do the city justice.

As I roughly re-call, it was around $40 some for the airport into the central downtown at The Square Hotel near City Hall and around $25 from the hotel to our ship docking place. With all of our luggage and "stuff" for a 15-day cruise, it was nice to let someone else do the driving and worry. Fortunately, Copenhagen is fairly compact and easy to get around (compared to Paris, London, New York and Chicago).

THANKS for the kind comments on the pictures! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 36,750 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

TLC we are thinking of staying at The Square prior to our cruise at the end of June. How did you like the hotel? How long of a walk was it to Tivoli, and Central Station. I loved your pictures...can't wait to go.

TLC we are thinking of staying at The Square prior to our cruise at the end of June. How did you like the hotel? How long of a walk was it to Tivoli, and Central Station. I loved your pictures...can't wait to go.

Appreciate much the nice and kind comments on my pictures. All of the credit goes to the beauty and charm of Copenhagen.

From The Square Hotel to Tivoli and the Central train station is only one of two blocks away. Very close and handy!!! As you're walking those short distances, there's lots to see and observe on the "pulse" of this charming and interesting city. Below are a few more of visuals for Tivoli, City Hall across from this hotel, nearby sights and sites, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,580 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

Next to Copenhagen City Hall is the famous statue of Hans Christian Anderson. People like to take pictures of their children placed on the "lap" of this author. You can see the "wear" from the heavy use with this statue.:

CPNHansChrAndersonStat.jpg

A different angle for the architectural details on Copenhagen dramatic City Hall on its main, central square.:

CPHCityHallDetails.jpg

Bike riding in Copenhagen is super big and busy in the Danish Capital. You need to keep an eye out, especially during the early morning later afternoon “rush hours”. Folks are on the way to work with an “intensity”.

CPNBikeRiders.jpg

At Tivoli, their main gate is lighted in a spectacular and welcoming manner.:

TivoliGateNight.jpg

Lots of outdoor dining options in Tivoli:

1A-Copenh-TivDining.jpg

This is the exterior of the main art museum in Copenhagen that was funded by the Carlsberg beer fortune and is nearby to City Hall and The Square Hotel.:

CPNArtMuseum.jpg

Archived