balcony neighbors from ****

Jenn24101

We are just off the dream (3/5 sailing) and we had the WORST balcony neighbors. That being said, we still had a wonderful trip and really enjoyed our time on this beautiful ship :)

I dislike cigarette smoke, and of course, we were sandwiched between two smoking occupants. The neighbors on the left weren't out much when we were anyway, and while you can smell the smoke, it was not strong enough to be irritating to me, you could just tell they were smoking.

The neighbors on the right, well....I can't even figure out why they went on that cruise.....EVERY time we were in our room, they were in theirs...alternating between chain smoking and having long loud conversations with the f-bomb being every other word, and screaming at their children with appalling language. Which, in case anyone is unaware, those walls are very not soundproof, and my DH and I had running jokes at the neighbors expense....our favorite was telling the other person to "go have a good f-ing time then" every time we parted ways...after a particularly spirited discussion we couldn't help overhearing early on in the trip.

So, this is not really a review or complaint, but just an assurance that even with a worst case scenario neighbor, it's possible to have a great time and just laugh about it....oh and we didn't bother to complain, it was like our own personal trailer trash soap opera every time we walked into the room. I did make good use of my iphone with headphones when I was enjoying the balcony and wanted some quiet time though!

So, this is not really a review or complaint, but just an assurance that even with a worst case scenario neighbor, it's possible to have a great time and just laugh about it....

That's the spirit! ;)

When I'm in a situation like that, I try to remember how much worse it could be if I was actually somehow related to them, and had to "enjoy" their company more often!:p

Did you ask your "bad" neighbors to quiet down a little? Or did you call guest services and ask them to speak with the loud neighbors?

This is what I would have done....

Sorry your balcony experience sucked!!!

For the smoking issue this is why we always book an end cabin. So if possible worst senerio...we only have one smoking neighbor and not two..

We are just off the dream (3/5 sailing) and we had the WORST balcony neighbors. That being said, we still had a wonderful trip and really enjoyed our time on this beautiful ship :)

I dislike cigarette smoke, and of course, we were sandwiched between two smoking occupants. The neighbors on the left weren't out much when we were anyway, and while you can smell the smoke, it was not strong enough to be irritating to me, you could just tell they were smoking.

The neighbors on the right, well....I can't even figure out why they went on that cruise.....EVERY time we were in our room, they were in theirs...alternating between chain smoking and having long loud conversations with the f-bomb being every other word, and screaming at their children with appalling language. Which, in case anyone is unaware, those walls are very not soundproof, and my DH and I had running jokes at the neighbors expense....our favorite was telling the other person to "go have a good f-ing time then" every time we parted ways...after a particularly spirited discussion we couldn't help overhearing early on in the trip.

So, this is not really a review or complaint, but just an assurance that even with a worst case scenario neighbor, it's possible to have a great time and just laugh about it....oh and we didn't bother to complain, it was like our own personal trailer trash soap opera every time we walked into the room. I did make good use of my iphone with headphones when I was enjoying the balcony and wanted some quiet time though!

Its very simple book a spa cabin.

Congrats on your attitude.

We learned on our Dream cruise that the walls are paper thin compared to the other ships....whatever it is, we heard quite a bit from next store.

Not much *****....but TV, and muffled conversations regularly. We made the best of it attitudinally......but YOU did better !

Boy and I thought our neighbor who left their balcony light on all night,every night was bad!! What's worse, we never saw or heard them outside and whenever the light was off, we hoped that it would remain off, but that wasn't to be.

I'm sorry you had to suffer through the unacceptable behavior of your neighbors but i'm glad you still had a good time on your cruise. My only comment is that this could have happend in any catagory of cabin not just balcony. The assigning of good neighbor is really the luck of the draw and in your case it was bad luck. Keep up the good attitude.

My only comment is that are you sure they were from a trailer? I beg to differ with your opinion as I live in a trailer and don't consider myself trash. Those people could have been from a brick house just as easily.

Going on any vacation and staying anywhere can get you some surprise neighbors so your attitude insures you have fun whatever you do and where ever you go.

We had the opposite on a land vacation in terms of having happy neighbors. We stayed at a hotel beside the Pacific ocean and the waves were beating against rocks below our room. The sound of the waves were loud enough to overwhelm any noise, unless of course the noise was a lady of the night putting on an Oscar winning screaming performance that lasted until our neighbor either lost her voice or he ran out of money!

:D

Okay.....I've got to tell my funniest balcony story.

One afternoon we got back on board early and were enjoying reading as we sat on the balcony waiting for dinner. The guy next door comes out and I guess he thinks everyone else is still in port, so he proceeds to pass gas....:eek:.

Well I bit my tongue and said nothing thinking that one was going to be it but....NOOOOO he proceeded to unload a few more shots and after about the third or fourth one I just lost it. I started laughing uncontrollably and couldn't quit.

He ran back inside his cabin and we never saw or "heard" from him again......:D

My only comment is that are you sure they were from a trailer? I beg to differ with your opinion as I live in a trailer and don't consider myself trash. Those people could have been from a brick house just as easily.

Exactly, why the discrimination. I guess she easily could have said"ghetto" but to PC to. Please next time tell guest services so these people don't think it's ok to behave in that manner.By the way my 1 million dollar trailer here on huntington beach is mighty nice!!;)

why is everyone so afraid to call Guest Services? Using that kind of language loud enough for others to hear is offensive to most and security will come give a knock on their door. I don't hesitate to call Guest Services in my cabin, or anywhere else when people behave poorly. I am on vacation, and I refuse to be subject to foul mouthed people who can't use their inside voices, or people who smoke in non-smoking areas, or children whose parents let them throw trash into the ocean. Carnival has always responded quickly.

Okay.....I've got to tell my funniest balcony story.

One afternoon we got back on board early and were enjoying reading as we sat on the balcony waiting for dinner. The guy next door comes out and I guess he thinks everyone else is still in port, so he proceeds to pass gas....:eek:.

Well I bit my tongue and said nothing thinking that one was going to be it but....NOOOOO he proceeded to unload a few more shots and after about the third or fourth one I just lost it. I started laughing uncontrollably and couldn't quit.

He ran back inside his cabin and we never saw or "heard" from him again......:D

TOO funny! I would have applauded! :D

you can smoke on your balcony

But children - or anyone for that matter - can't throw trash in the ocean. I believe they were speaking in general terms saying that they were not afraid to get guest services involved when someone was clearly doing something they were not supposed to be doing. Such as SMOKING where they were not supposed to - using FOUL language - and LITTERING.

At least - that is what I got out of it when I read the entire post. :rolleyes:

But children - or anyone for that matter - can't throw trash in the ocean. I believe they were speaking in general terms saying that they were not afraid to get guest services involved when someone was clearly doing something they were not supposed to be doing. Such as SMOKING where they were not supposed to - using FOUL language - and LITTERING.

At least - that is what I got out of it when I read the entire post. :rolleyes:

as far as i'm concerned, children should be nowhere near a balcony rail, but that's a whole other topic too.

My neighbors on one of our cruises were traveling with his parents, who were in the cabin on the other side of them. They had the balcony divider open. One evening we heard their balcony door slam and then the parents balcony door slam. Then the parents door slam and their door slam..then the argument started....the wife yelled "I hate your mother and I hope she burns in H**LL." then the slamming started again with them following each other from cabin to cabin. We finally called security when things started hitting the wall. i think alcohol was involved....they were quiet the rest of the cruise.

you can smoke on your balcony

I am aware of that, I have never called to complain about that. But I did use a phone by an elevator to call and complain about a woman smoking on the wrong side of the ship after we asked her nicely to move or stop. We purposely got deck chairs on the non-smoking side. I's not my fault she didn't get up early enough to get a chair on the smoking side.

Archived