Queens Grill Evening Attire

smoothsailors

This question is specifically for the men in regard to Queens Grill on the semi-formal nights: will most men wear sportsjacket & tie, a lounge suit or will there be some in tuxedos even on designated semi-formal nights?

Thanks for any input...will help with the packing!:rolleyes:

Worn by men carrying either trays or saxophones?

Some men can wear an Ivory coloured dinner jacket in great stlye; it has nothing to do with what they carry, their employment or their bank accounts. By the way, I've seen millionaires carrying trays, and Presidents with saxaphones. Most recently, I seen photos of multi-millonaires carrying trays in prison. -S.

This question is specifically for the men in regard to Queens Grill on the semi-formal nights: will most men wear sportsjacket & tie, a lounge suit or will there be some in tuxedos even on designated semi-formal nights?

Thanks for any input...will help with the packing!:rolleyes:

You will find in the Grills that the dress code stipulated by Cunard, is very strictly adhered to. Follow this and you will be fine. The excess might be that men often wear ties on casual night also, so perhaps a few extra in your luggage might be rewarding.

See you on the same cruise!:)

You will find in the Grills that the dress code stipulated by Cunard, is very strictly adhered to. Follow this and you will be fine.

Fail to follow it and you will be the recipient of a 'look' from other guests.

They may appear at your table demanding answers.

It may look like this:

596451207_Thelook.....jpg.eee9bc5dc420afc8b5edeee829182622.jpg

Sometimes words are not needed.

It may look like this:

[ATTACH]188729[/ATTACH]

It doesn't matter what I wear, I never look like that :(:(:)

Some men can wear an Ivory coloured dinner jacket in great stlye; it has nothing to do with what they carry, their employment or their bank accounts. By the way, I've seen millionaires carrying trays, and Presidents with saxaphones. Most recently, I seen photos of multi-millonaires carrying trays in prison. -S.

Bernie Madoff? Hope he stays there forever.

It may look like this:

[ATTACH]188729[/ATTACH]

Actually, that group gives those "looks" to everyone, whether they follow the code or not. I think they sat at the cheerleader table in my high school ;)

I've only seen the ivory DJ on formal nights in the tropics, not semi formal nights.

Yes, that has also been my observation.

I've noticed gentlemen sporting off white linen/wool blend jackets,- but not dinner jackets - in the tropics on semi-formal nights with light grey or tan trousers, crisply ironed long sleeve shirt, spiffy tie, nicely polished shoes. Note to guys: just so you know we notice your attire too, and appreciate your efforts, just as you appreciate the efforts the women put into dressing nicely.:) -Cheers, S.

Edited to add: Oops, sorry, just realized the question was related to the Grills: I have no knowledge of the Grills, I was only referring to my observations in the MDR and in public areas of the ship.

Actually, that group gives those "looks" to everyone, whether they follow the code or not. I think they sat at the cheerleader table in my high school ;)

I wonder if cliques do develop on long cruises. I suppose they do.

I must remember to start one on my next voyage. It should have a fashion commonality to it, and we'll have to practice our 'looks' to ensure they are the right temperature......icy cold.

: )

I must remember to start one on my next voyage. It should have a fashion commonality to it, and we'll have to practice our 'looks' to ensure they are the right temperature......icy cold.

I love an icy cold look, lol, however, women never expect back the look I can give:D sends a shudder than my spine right now

Edited to add: Oops, sorry, just realized the question was related to the Grills: I have no knowledge of the Grills, I was only referring to my observations in the MDR and in public areas of the ship.

And I too should clarify that the only Grill I've sailed is PG, not QG as the OP asked. However, assuming the ivory-DJ-wearing QG passengers on semiformal nights didn't all go to bed right after dinner, I would imagine you'd see them somewhere on the ship, and I never have.

Don't forget the eye-roll with the accompanying leaky tire..... my 16 year old stepdaughter could give you lessons, she's got it down pat ;)

And I too should clarify that the only Grill I've sailed is PG, not QG as the OP asked. However, assuming the ivory-DJ-wearing QG passengers on semiformal nights didn't all go to bed right after dinner, I would imagine you'd see them somewhere on the ship, and I never have.

I have... And I find barely suppressed giggles far more effective... LOL

Archived