Navigator - 1st time balcony - Question!?

kmcg8r

This is our 5th cruise and our first balcony and we are so excited, but I have some questions since we are new to this...

We chose a balcony guarantee for our cruise next month on Navigator and was assigned with an E2 room (6562). The price has gone down for D1, D2, and D3 categories (cheaper than we paid for guarantee). I was going to call and ask for a change and was really excited when I saw that D1, D2 and D3 are bigger than E rooms. But the agent tried to convince me otherwise and said I had a better room with the E upgrade. It is not on the hump or anything like that and it says it is smaller, so I'm just not sure?

Am I missing something? Which are better rooms? The price doesn't matter at this point... I don't NEED to get a lower price to be happy, I just thought I would get a better room AND get a price drop, which is a bonus. Help please! ASAP would be best as I don't know how long the price will stay low if I want to change it!

This is our 5th cruise and our first balcony and we are so excited, but I have some questions since we are new to this...

We chose a balcony guarantee for our cruise next month on Navigator and was assigned with an E2 room (6562). The price has gone down for D1, D2, and D3 categories (cheaper than we paid for guarantee). I was going to call and ask for a change and was really excited when I saw that D1, D2 and D3 are bigger than E rooms. But the agent tried to convince me otherwise and said I had a better room with the E upgrade. It is not on the hump or anything like that and it says it is smaller, so I'm just not sure?

Am I missing something? Which are better rooms? The price doesn't matter at this point... I don't NEED to get a lower price to be happy, I just thought I would get a better room AND get a price drop, which is a bonus. Help please! ASAP would be best as I don't know how long the price will stay low if I want to change it!

I don't know if your E2 room has a more desirable location, but D category rooms are slightly larger than E category. It's not much of a difference. It amounts to a 3 person sofa in the D as opposed to a 2 person sofa in the E.

OK thanks. I've never been huge on location which is why I've always been okay with a guarantee. It does look like there are some E2 hump rooms available and I've heard people talk about these before... Are these nice? Can you see into the other balconies? It looks like it'd be on the edge of the hump and not really in the center. What are the benefits of these?

I guess I was just confused why the agent was telling me E2 was an upgrade when it looked like Ds are bigger. Maybe it's all location?

OK thanks. I've never been huge on location which is why I've always been okay with a guarantee. It does look like there are some E2 hump rooms available and I've heard people talk about these before... Are these nice? Can you see into the other balconies? It looks like it'd be on the edge of the hump and not really in the center. What are the benefits of these?

I guess I was just confused why the agent was telling me E2 was an upgrade when it looked like Ds are bigger. Maybe it's all location?

Hump benefits are location (right near the aft centrum) and a unique balcony view because those balconies extend out from the ship. To my knowledge, the actual balcony size is not much different than non-hump balconies. This is different than aft balconies, which can be much larger than non-aft balconies.

Hump benefits are location (right near the aft centrum) and a unique balcony view because those balconies extend out from the ship. To my knowledge, the actual balcony size is not much different than non-hump balconies. This is different than aft balconies, which can be much larger than non-aft balconies.

Thanks. I went ahead and got a hump one then... it's about 3rd from the edge, so not quite the middle, but not quite the edge. Hope it's good?!

We just got back on Saturday from a cruise on NOS. I was in room 6320. It's a hump, dead center. I could see onto the balcony of the next cabin (6322 I think?) but I'm not sure if they could see onto mine. Wasn't a big deal but I loved being out over the water. My only complaint was, while we didn't hear the elevators, our room was right where you could walk out to where the lifts are. We could hear the conversations of people congregating as they exited or were heading toward the elevators. Otherwise, I had no complaints whatsoever with my room. You will love your balcony. It was our first one, and we spent quite a bit of time out there. Make sure you order room service and sit on the balcony while you enjoy :)

Pam

On our last cruise we were on the Mediterranean and around 3 in the morning there was a fabulous lightning show. I spent about 45 minutes just standing on our balcony watching. There was no rain or wind, just the lightning and thunder. Wow - what an experience! Glad we had the balcony.

Archived