Which room for Wheelchair?

I rented a wheelchair on one of our cruises. I left it outside the door all week and no issues.

And by doing that, were other wheelchairs able to get by it?

Had a wheelchair user in my group once and had a lot of problems with housekeeping leaving their carts in the halls.

We usually book a standard (not handicap) inside cabin and my wife's folding manual wheelchair fits just fine. Often it fits at the foot of the bed, or perhaps between the coffee table and small sofa. In front of the hallway door is not the best because it can block the bathroom door and closet. You could even leave it parked in the hall.

No, you cannot. It is a hazard to other passengers, especially other wheelchair-bound handicapped passengers. Not to mention a safety issue in case of an emergency. Those halls aren't all that wide.

And by doing that, were other wheelchairs able to get by it?

Had a wheelchair user in my group once and had a lot of problems with housekeeping leaving their carts in the halls.

It folded closed and leaned against the wall (just like the RCI ones) and there was plenty of room to get by. I wheeled by others that were folded against the walls, no problem.

It folded closed and leaned against the wall (just like the RCI ones) and there was plenty of room to get by. I wheeled by others that were folded against the walls, no problem.

If it folded up, why couldnt you put it in your cabin. If it got taken, what are you going to tell the company you rented from? "I left it in the hall"?

It is not for them to determine if you need the accessible room - they are not permitted to ask why. Check the disabled cruising section of these boards for advice.
RC now has a form you must fill out stating the need for a HC, thank goodness. We put my walker in the shower at night,suitcase under the bed. The HC usually are gone fast, they are very hard to get. Good luck.

Archived