Recommended Whiskeys

Does RCCL ever read these comments? Just a question.

How do we get a cruise company to carry a wider range of beverages (for example a GOOD whiskey)? When I've spoken to the bar tenders and beverage directors on the RCI ships, all agree that the Irish Whiskeys pretty well are deficient ....no wait... they ARE deficient.

How can we get RCI to carry some better award winning brands?

It might be more productive to contact them directly, either by comment cards on the cruise or by just emailing them. I don't know that they would do much based on these boards.

Nope. Will not work. If it is not in their corporate purchase schedule for product it will not work. I did this years ago and was flatly told that it cannot be done.

I inquired about this being a vacation to remember. The response was that the company endeavored to make it that way. When asked why I would have to slum with cheap bar scotch! I was given the answer that they cannot stock everything. I understand that completely and was willing to pay premium for having my brand on board at MY expense. Again a no go. and some people wonder why some are willing to smuggle.

Smuggling is not an option so I just chalk it up to the fact that I will just have to do without a quality whiskey.

I really wish that you could pre-order a bottle to have sent to your account, cabin, or whatever.

Since I have to slum whiskey, I just ask for ice!;)

Archived