Door Decor.....?

millerboy88

We will be heading out on the Dream in April. We will be in a Cove Balcony. We wanted to decorate the door of our cabin. What have you found to be the best way to get the decorations to stick on the door. Just regular tape, or is the door meatl where magnets would work? Wasn't sure what I needed to pack as far as tape?

thanks

magents work as does the no mark white gum stuff you can buy at walmart. It looks like a small stick of gum, you break a piece off and roll in a ball and poof it sticks to anything but comes off with no trace. we have decorated lots of times, just a word of caution, don't use anything you would be sad to lose as some people think things are up for grabs at times.:(

Have a great trip:)

I always bring magnets as well as the tacky poster putty...I do not like to use tape in case it pulls off the paint on the door. I also have used those 3M removeable strips and never had a problem.

In the room I use those suction type hooks- Great for hanging necklaces, various light items like lanyards- nothing gets lost.

Sticky Tack or a similar reusable adhesive product. Sticky Tack comes in sheets. You pull off a piece, soften it between your fingers and stick a small piece behind whatever you want to hang on your door. To remove, you just roll it off the surface, no trace is left behind. I'm sure the stateroom stewards cringe when they see people using tape. I found a reusable adhesive product in Staples. I purchased Sticky Tack from an online company.

I will second the motion to not use anything you would be sad to lose. My granddaughters made neat posters for their door and someone tore them to pieces and littered the hallway with the pieces. They were very sad, but we had made duplicates "just in case" that they could use for their scrapbook.

Sticky Tack or a similar reusable adhesive product. Sticky Tack comes in sheets. You pull off a piece, soften it between your fingers and stick a small piece behind whatever you want to hang on your door. To remove, you just roll it off the surface, no trace is left behind. I'm sure the stateroom stewards cringe when they see people using tape. I found a reusable adhesive product in Staples. I purchased Sticky Tack from an online company.

The tape I use has never left ANY thing behind or shown any sign that it was there. Just wanted to clear that up :) :) I wouldn't use it if it did! :)

I will second the motion to not use anything you would be sad to lose. My granddaughters made neat posters for their door and someone tore them to pieces and littered the hallway with the pieces. They were very sad, but we had made duplicates "just in case" that they could use for their scrapbook.

Agreed... we had a huge stocking on our door last Christmas and it was gone by the time we got back from dinner on the first night. :( I don't understand why people do things like that, it's really sad.

Bunkie, I'm so sorry to hear their sign was torn up. :(

For thoose mentioning about people vandelizing their door decoorations remember...It wiill come back to them in oone way or another.....

To the "OP"...i always buy the big door cover banner/scene type of door decorations and use tape to put them on the door....I fit it to the time of year I am cruising...Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween and so on.....

We will be heading out on the Dream in April. We will be in a Cove Balcony. We wanted to decorate the door of our cabin. What have you found to be the best way to get the decorations to stick on the door. Just regular tape, or is the door meatl where magnets would work? Wasn't sure what I needed to pack as far as tape?

thanks

hey we always use GLUE DOTS.... u can get them at any craft store.... i love them....

Zafe sailing;)

• 2 weeks later...

Preparing a 60th Anniversary poster with pictures for a door decoration. I know I wrote it down somewhere but can't find it.

What is the width of the cabin doors?

Thank you for any assistance.

We put ours up with the tacky stuff - it did not come down the entire two weeks we were on the ship -

2456217710103584906S600x600Q85.jpg

Yours is amazing! Is it separate pictures or a poster?

We use poster board and attach it with double sided tape. We make it with space for neighbors to write greetings on it. We have never had a problem and never left any marks or pulled off any paint. We did have some idiots damage my niece's on one family group cruise.

Our next cruise is 15 days Hawaii, so I need to start thinking of some creative photos / items to include! Our cabin location is such that we expect a lot of visitors!

I've always used the sticky tack stuff myself. I have a Cricut cutter and I usually cut out the names of the ports that we're visiting and go online and print different pictures of the area, excursions, etc and also get some of the plastic sea creatures from the dollar store and put those up. Sure does help to find your room.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems really cool...

But as a cruise newbie.. I hope my question isn't extremly dumb..lol

Why do you decorate your door?

Other than decoration I mean... I think its a cute idea.. just wondering if it was just a fun for looks kind of thing... or if there were other reasons too... and do you put pics of you and your family.. or just general fun things?

I'm kind of bummed at the moment because I got a cabin wayyyy up in the bow of the ship on a lower deck, so there won't be much foot traffic to see my decorations. I might just leave them at home this time. :(

Do it for yourselves! It always puts a smile on my face when I walk down the hallway and see my "festive" door! Also, decorate the mirror in the room with the peel & stick reusable tropical things...we love it! Very cheerful.

This seems really cool...

But as a cruise newbie.. I hope my question isn't extremly dumb..lol

Other than decoration I mean... I think its a cute idea.. just wondering if it was just a fun for looks kind of thing... or if there were other reasons too... and do you put pics of you and your family.. or just general fun things?

Decorate for youselves and if you have lil' ones, they especially love the festive decor. I used tropical birds, fishes and trees....we also buy glow sticks for the kids @ night (bracelets) and leis for fun.

Have a great cruise!

on our last cruise, we had a photo of us and a banner indicating it was our 13th anniversary. We also had those re-usable window stickers with big bunny feet on them and put the bunny paws travelling haphazardly along the door.

The neatest thing is, we bought some pink heart sticky notes and put them and a pen on our door, filling in one sticky note asking people to leave messages for us. We were on a B2B and by the time the 2 weeks were up, we had around 40 heart sticky notes. Since i was the host of our Meet & Greet and got to know the cruise officers throughout the B2B, several of them had written on the hearts as well.

Oh, and at the start of the B2B, it was Halloween, so the first night we had spooky halloween reusable gel things that looked like dripping blood on our door. Also cobwebbing, spiders and gooey eyeballs.

Makes it easier to find my cabin when I'm coming back from the bar at night :D

Makes it easier to find my cabin when I'm coming back from the bar at night :D

lolololol. I had a couple of the comments on my door say exactly that. THey'd look left, look right and whichever way the pink hearts door was, that was the way they needed to go.

Archived