Barcelona - recommended menu del dia?

dritan

Hi all

We will be in Barcelona for the night before and the night after our cruise. On a bit of a budget, so was wondering if anyone could recommend any specific restaurants with a good menu del dia at lunch time?

Many thanks

We landed late in Barcelona, had no plans. On a budget means different things to different people. My niece and I literally wandered once we landed and there are many small tapas places around. As a matter of fact, she said the first place we went when hungry (which was the cheapest) was the best. It was one of those places that you'd pass up and never think of going in We got a menu and ordered 4 or 5 small tapa meals. She had spicy chicken wings and I had capricio on a stick (mozzarella balls, small grape tomatoes and it had basil on the plate) and I forget the other small meals but it was cheap and great.

Another place we ate in Barcleona was an Iranian place the hotel recommended (Davinia's) and niece got the best pizza I've eaten in a long time and I got roasted root vegetables that were fantastic. Just wander and ask your hotel, they generally have great ideas. The Iranian restaurant was a recommendation of the hotel staff. Don't worry, you'll not have a hard time with your meals. Ask questions everyone is eager to help.

The best, most economical meal we had in Barcelona was at the Hard Rock Cafe at the top of Las Ramblas. Not authentic Spanish fare mind you but darn good and only around 25 euros for two including a bottle of wine.

There are many great places and you only have to walk around and read menus.Barcelona is foodie heaven so all price ranges will find food that is excellent!

NO need to have American food at the Hard Rock!!

It is hard to give recs if we don't know where you'll be at lunch time. I decided to try a Michelin starred place at lunch because it was better value than trying it at night!

Alkimia gives you a wonderful multi course lunch but it's not cheap!!

IF you have an idea of where you'll be at lunch then I could come up with a more specific idea.

Hi all from Barcelona.

The Barcelona daily menu may vary greatly in price and quality.

There are menus from 10 euros very simple and homemade and there are 50 euros much more sophisticated.

It all depends on what you will eat and of course budget.

Greetings.

We're quite plain eaters and are probably budgeting at the lower end of the market :-) Somewhere between 10 and 15 euros. I'm thinking of going for one of the following: Egipte or Nuria on Las Ramblas, El Convento just off that in the Raval area, or Xaica which is near Placa de Catalunya. Really depends on how hungry and tired my parents are after a 5am wake up call! Thanks for all your help.

We will be in Barcelona for our first time and staying at the Hotel Barcelona Universal on Ave Avinguda Paral.lei and will be there 3 nights Pre cruise. We haven't decided whether to eat at the Hotel our first night or go out and explore a little since we will have the rest of the day once our flight gets in at 8:35 AM. Are ther any places near our Hotel one recommends. Our budget is probably around 10 to 15 Euros.

We will be in Barcelona for our first time and staying at the Hotel Barcelona Universal on Ave Avinguda Paral.lei and will be there 3 nights Pre cruise. We haven't decided whether to eat at the Hotel our first night or go out and explore a little since we will have the rest of the day once our flight gets in at 8:35 AM. Are ther any places near our Hotel one recommends. Our budget is probably around 10 to 15 Euros.

Hello again.

In the Avinguda Paral-lel are several restaurants that offer menu for that price. At the door of the restaurants there are some signs which indicate the menu and price.

Greetings.

Edu and Montse.

Archived