Inside vs outside

chefjhh

My wife and I are going to take a cruise from Venice to Athens and will be Cruising around the Agian Sea and we are wondering if getting an ocean view is worth the extra $600 pp :confused:

for me-- I can use windows on my house and would use that kind of money buying one.

For me-- its either inside or balcony.

BUT inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours a day. You can sleep whole morning away--so set your alarm to wake up and get outta bed. (the body will think its still night)

For me-- its either inside or balcony.

Im kinda the same way, though I have gotten port holes on Carnival for inside prices and upgraded free on RCL to a OV ...but I wouldnt pay more then about $20 extra for a window.

inside or balcony (well my first balcony was actually a JS)

We hardly ever get balconies anymore but it is really a personal decision. We don't use them much because we are off on some shore excursion plus often smokers run us back inside :confused:.

Kirk

BUT inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours a day. You can sleep whole morning away--so set your alarm to wake up and get outta bed. (the body will think its still night)

I've only booked an inside room once and this was the reason I swore I would never book another one...we were in the cabin until noon one day because we thought it was still night (we didn't have a clock). :(

But another person posted that they leave the deck cam channel on all night with the sound off andn it's kind of like having a little window to the outside right on your tv. I thought that was a fabulous idea and if I ever book another inside (which I won't as long as I can get a porthole since it's like an OV at an inside stateroom price) this is what we'll do ;)

Whatever you decide I hope you have a fabulous cruise!:)

Archived