How rough NJ to Bermuda in May?

Monochrome

Having cruised to Bermuda a few times in May, we have usually had smooth seas with 5' to 7' swells each way , although once we had a Force 9 gale with 27 - 30 foot seas. It will vary and is unpredictable. Our ship, the Explorer of the Seas, handled the weather well. Generally, you should have smooth seas. Today's ships handle rough seas well. Just take a seasickness preventitive of your choice, if you are concerned, and enjoy your cruise.

Eric

On my last trip to Bermuda in late April, the seas were calm on the way down but on the way back, the Captain announced the winds were at about 55kts :eek: and the seas were running about 20-25 feet :eek::eek: and I was seasick. But what doesn't come into consideration on any of my cruises is the roughness of the seas or whether I will get seasick :cool:.

You may or may not see weather like I had, but it can happen :( .

SBtS

Made the Bermuda run several times in May. Most of the time, the seas are fine with only slight rocking. Rough seas can come any time. Just go for it.

We have sailed to Bermuda at different times from May to November and you can have calm seas or rough weather at any time. Never a guarantee for smooth sailing.

Archived